2015 Yeltsin Cup - Ekaterinburg / Russia - 6/17

• i don't really follow ISR but i recall they had a very big hitter before, artmenko, did she retire? without her, ISR is like KOR without Kim YK.

and also velikky, was a decent OH as well, was she born in UZB, i think?

saying very big hitter, you meant her height? LOL..

• what is the aim of russian federation as holding a tornament with these average teams ,to boost its self-confidence or they were obliged to resume the tradition ? LOL

China U20, C.R without best players,Cuba,İsrael,Kazakhistan etc..

• what is the aim of russian federation as holding a tornament with these average teams ,to boost its self-confidence or they were obliged to resume the tradition ? LOL

They definitely tried to invite some stronger teams like Germany, Bulgaria and Italy but there is European Games going on at the same period, that explains all. Taking part of the very first European Games would mean more than Yeltsin Cup.

• They definitely tried to invite some stronger teams like Germany, Bulgaria and Italy but there is European Games going on at the same period, that explains all. Taking part of the very first European Games would mean more than Yeltsin Cup.

there still should be some other good teams to invite ..
    i dont know about russian squad in this tournament but i would play with B-C team against these teams if i were russian head coach..otherwise winning sets 25-15 wouldnt help you much..

• Yeltsin Cup is a very meaningful (also historical) tournament for Russians, I can say this despite not being a russian citizen. Otherwise why would they send their B team to European Games and hold the A team in some minor cup like this? :roll:

I kinda agree with u though, the three opponents are quite weak, C.R could have been playing better though. The absent of Havlickova has been ruining them, at least from what I've seen so far.

European teams are playing European Games, American teams are playing Pan-American Cup. It is a tough date to collect good teams for a cup like that.

• ok but f.e...teams like thailand,korea could have been invited.. ..

Korea finished Asian Champioship at end of May, and Thailand played Southeast Asian Games Final four days ago. I agree with you that it's an useless tournament for Russia but I also understand that it was difficult having good teams this year.

• there still should be some other good teams to invite ..
    i dont know about russian squad in this tournament but i would play with B-C team against these teams if i were russian head coach..otherwise winning sets 25-15 wouldnt help you much..

If Teams from Western Europe want to come to Russia at the Moment is another question.... They are having a good excuse with European Games this yr :)

• * Yekaterinburg, Russia (Sverdlovsk) Time: (UTC/GMT +5 hours)

June 20th, Saturday
    16:30 China– Israel
    19:00 Russia – Kazakhstan

16:30 China– Israel
    China vs Israel | Boris Yeltsin Cup 2015 | 19.06.2015 |
    Asian Volleyball
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-GJLGN6vKE

19:00 Russia – Kazakhstan
    Russia vs Kazakhstan | Boris Yeltsin Cup 2015 | 20.06.2015 |
    Asian Volleyball
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO0vCqsJU7w

• China U20 3-0 Israel [25-21,26-24,25-21] ...
    China U20 NT won Czech, Kazakhstan and Israel Senior NT......

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Katya Lyubushkina playing very well, if she keeps this shape, who needs anyone else? :white:

• Ilchenko :white: She would be another good candidate for OH2. She's playing very well throughout the whole tournament, for sure she would need proves against stronger teams...

• with whom is Russia playing today? such a Close game, it doesn`t Looks like their best lineup

I think Marichev giving some chances to new players, that's why Pasynkova, Obmochaeva, Kosianenko and Malova didn't play today.