Champions League 2006/2007 - Playoffs/Final Four

• Scavolini Pésaro 0 - 3 Spar Tenerife Marichal (20-25 14-25 21-25)

Someone saw the match in Rai Sport ?? Here in Tenerife we only could heard it on the radio, someone can tell how the teams played ?

• Results Playoff Round (home)
    Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) - Scavolini PESARO (ITA) 3:1 (25-13, 25-22, 20-25, 25-20)
    RC CANNES (FRA) - Winiary KALISZ (POL) 3:0 (25-23, 25-22, 25-19)
    Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA) - Azerrail BAKU (AZE) 3:0 (25-11, 25-17, 25-16)
    Vakifbank Günes S. ISTANBUL (TUR) - Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 1:3 (13-25, 18-25, 25-7, 13-25)
    DinamoMOSCOW (RUS) - Hotel Cantur LAS PALMAS (ESP) 3:2 (25-21, 17-25, 19-25, 25-21, 15-7)
    DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) - Eczacibasi ISTANBUL (TUR) 3:0 (28-26, 25-13, 27-25)

Match Schedule – six-team playoffs
    27.02. - 01.03. Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) - DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED)
    27.02. - 01.03. RC CANNES (FRA) - Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP)
    27.02. - 01.03. Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA) - Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA)

06.03. – 08.03. DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) - Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)
    06.03. – 08.03. Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) - RC CANNES (FRA)
    06.03. – 08.03. Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) - Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA)

• Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA) - Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 2:3 (20-25, 19-25, 25-15, 25-19, 12-15) :?
    I was a bit surprised...
    Stats here http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…5/7278/8097/index_EN.html

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA) - Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 2:3 (20-25, 19-25, 25-15, 25-19, 12-15) :?
    I was a bit surprised...

uff :( im pretty surprised, too.....
    foppa usually never had big problems with jesi....

well, today dinamo moscow is playing against amstelveen.... should be no problem for dinamo i guess

and the other match is between cannes and tenerife... sounds like a great match, just wonder if cannes is able to show a great performance again... But generally i think that tenerife should win :wink2:

• Brazilian Jaqueline Carvaljo kicked ass as she became the top scorer against a very strong team, Foppapedretti.

Jaque's fans have been waiting for some spectacular action from her since the beginning of the league. I guess Marinova had more confidence setting more balls to her.

I always believed that she's a better scorer than Togut and Rinieri.

Go GIRL!

• Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) - DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) 3:0 (25-21, 25-20, 25-20).
    Well, haven't seen this match but I think Dinamo played good. (I was worried about Dinamo after their loss to Zarechie - Odintsovo in Russian Cup 0:3 (14,18,18 ). :shock: It was shock for everybody).
    Still, happy for Dinamo :D gongrats girls, 1 more set and you're in final four!!!)).

Stats http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…5/7278/8097/index_EN.html

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Close fight between Cannes and Tenerifa 2-2, the fifth set has just begun..come on Milena ond the others , kick their asses :clap:

EDIT: Tenerife did it. :good: 15-11 in the fith set...
    EDIT2: RC CANNES (FRA) - Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) 2:3 (25-23, 21-25, 25-20, 16-25, 11-15)
    Statistics

• Further Match Schedule

07.03.2007 20.30 Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) - Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA)
    08.03.2007 19.30 DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) - Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)
    08.03.2007 20.00 Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) - RC CANNES (FRA)

• Results 6-team Playoff Round Away Matches
    DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) - Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) 3:1 (25-21, 21-25, 25-15, 25-13)
    Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) - RC CANNES (FRA) 3:1 (25-21, 23-25, 25-18, 25-19)
    Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) - Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA) 1:3 (22-25, 22-25, 25-20, 23-25)

Final Four in Zurich (SUI)
    24.03.2007 Semi-final 1 Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA) - Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP)
    24.03.2007 Semi-final 2 Voléro ZURICH (SUI) - Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)
    25.03.2007 Bronze medal match
    25.03.2007 Final

A little question: will anybody of the members be in zürich, watching the final four live?

• Quote from "Nastja"

uff.... i hate that 1st semifinal :( i would have loved to see foppa and tenerife playing the final.... tzzz too bad

i thought the same...it's a pity :(

• soooo :lol: The Championsleague is over for this season!!!

here are the results!
    Semifinals:
    Foppapedretti BERGAMO vs Spar TENERIFE Marichal 3:0 (25:14 25:21 25:20)
    &
    Voléro ZÜRICH vs Dinamo MOSCOW 2:3 (25:18 27:29 25:21 23:25 9:15)

Classification Match 3/4
    Spar TENERIFE Marichal vs Voléro ZÜRICH 3:0 (25:21 25:21 25:23)

FINAL MATCH
    Foppapedretti BERGAMO vs Dinamo MOSCOW 3:2 (25:18 19:25 25:14 22:25 15:11) :trophy: :trophy:

A report taken from cev.lu

Zurich, Switzerland, March 25, 2007. Italian Foppapedretti BERGAMO claimed their fifth Indesit European Champions’ League title in eleven years, beating Dinamo MOSCOW from Russia in a rollercoaster final which was decided in the tiebreak set. The bronze medal was won by Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) who beat Final Four host Voléro ZURICH (SUI) in straight sets.

In presence of numerous presidents of national volleyball federations and clubs, as well as well-known names of the volleyball sporting field, such as former Polish women’s team head coach Andrzej Niemczyk and head coach of the Dutch national ladies’ team Avital Selinger, the final day of the Women’s Indesit European Champions’ League 2006/07 came to an end in Zurich’s Hallenstadion, having fulfilled the high expectations with over 6’000 spectators present during the Final Four weekend.

Foppapedretti BERGAMO from Italy is the new Indesit European Champions’ League Champion, following in PERUGIA’s footsteps who won the title in Cannes (FRA) last year. BERGAMO started off better, putting the Muscovites under constant pressure, in particular German national player Angelina Grün and Italian Francesca Piccinini (25-14). However, MOSCOW stood more solid in block throughout the second set and had more success in attack, managing to level to 1:1 (19-25). However, the Russians couldn’t hold the rhythm into the third set committing more errors than the opposition, whilst BERGAMO attacked mainly with Grün and Piccinini, blocked with Grün and Poljak, and Eleonora Lo Bianco not giving up one ball, so that the 2:1 Italian lead was guaranteed (25-14). But MOSCOW won the fourth set, forcing a tiebreak. The fifth and deciding set was nothing for weak nerves. Both teams had their chances, swapping the lead until at 10-10 BERGAMO strove ahead (14-10) securing their second Champions’ League ball (15-11). Best scorer of the match was MVP Angelina Grün with 30 points, whilst Ekaterina Gamova scored 23 points for her team.

Paola Paggi (captain Foppapedretti BERGAMO): "In the two sets that we won, we played well and in the two sets that we lost, MOSCOW blocked well. In the fifth set, our character made the difference. We fought and really wanted the title."
    Marco Fenoglio (head coach Foppapedretti BERGAMO): "I'm very content as I've been head coach of BERGAMO for 16 months now and have won everything there is to win. There were two critical points in the match: first of all, you cannot arrive into a final match without the proper technical advice, and second of all, MOSCOW thought they had already won when they were leading in the tiebreak set."
    Ekaterina Gamova (captain Dinamo MOSCOW): "We were fighting until the very end, but unfortunately we made several mistakes. In addition, our opponents had a less difficult semi-final than we have had."
    Leonid Zayko (head coach Dinamo MOSCOW): "I hope the game was interesting for the audience. It's a sport and only one team can win. Both teams were playing on an equal level."

Spar TENERIFE Marichal from Spain’s Canary Island seized bronze this year after they had won Europe’s most prominent title once in 2004, also finishing third in 2002 and 2005. TENERIFE took early leads in each set and knew how to increase these little by little, demonstrating a compact attacking play and strong nerves when the going got tough. Most prominent in attack were Cuban Ana Ibis Fernandez, US-American Tom Logan as well as Turkish Neslihan Demir who was the best scorer of the match with 19 points. When TENERIFE seemed safe with a six-point lead in the third set (20-14), their Swiss opponents returned with US-American Ogonna Nnamani being successful on three consecutive blocks (20-18). Still, the experienced players of head coach Rafael Prado didn’t let loose, finally securing the bronze medal after just over an hour of play.

Gregoria Dorta (captain Spar TENERIFE Marichal): “It was a very nice demonstration for the public. We played better than yesterday and it was very important that we finished third in the highest club competition.”
    Rafael Prado (head coach Spar TENERIFE Marichal): “Maybe ZURICH was a little more tired than us as they played five sets yesterday, two more than we did. We were mentally on a better level than our opponents. Whilst the whole team performed poor yesterday, including myself, today was different: we played more as a team.”
    Robin Ah Mow-Santos (captain Voléro ZURICH): “I have no idea why we played how we did. I have absolutely no answers and can only say that I’m sorry to our fans.”
    Velibor Ivanovic (head coach Voléro ZURICH): “We didn’t succeed in showing the same strong performance as in Saturday’s semi-final against MOSCOW. The players were empty and had no fighting spirit left. The supporters were the best today.”

Individual Awards:

MVP: Angelina Grün (Foppapedretti BERGAMO)
    Best Scorer: Virginie De Carne (Voléro ZURICH)
    Best Server: Ekaterina Gamova (Dinamo MOSCOW)
    Best Spiker: Francesca Piccinini (Foppapedretti BERGAMO)
    Best Blocker: Anastasia Belikova (Dinamo MOSCOW)
    Best Libero: Esther Lopez (Spar TENERIFE Marichal)
    Best Setter: Eleonora Lo Bianco (Foppapedretti BERGAMO)
    Best Receiver: Milena Rosner (Spar TENERIFE Marichal)

• I thought i could post some pics from my trip to Zürich, the host of the women's Final Four :)
    sorry for the poor quality, my photo-equipment is a bit outdated... :wink2:
    (click on thumbnails for large version)

An overview from Uetliberg over Zürich and Zürichlake...

Milena Rosner serving...

M.Rosner talking to former polish Headcoach Niemczyk...

M. Rosner after the match...

:bye:

Francesca Piccinini...

The team of Bergamo celebrating their victory/ sad moscow players in the background...

Awarding ceremony...