The 2011 CEV Champions League

• @emil-kei: K. Weiss is definitely high-level player, not the top as LoBianco, Feng, Takeshita and Fofao, but is high level:)

To be honest this discussion is very subjective and that's why it is so nice:) As far as we don't offend each other I think we can discuss:) And speaking about value of contracts of players is also not really fair, as there is always secret and as far as I know how much earns Fenerbahce players PROBABLY, I have no idea what sum of money you can get in Azerbaijan, Russia or in Italy.
    Who is the high -quality player, who is top, who is average. For Ze Roberto Skowronska is top player, for me high quality, for many others just average. There are probably only few players, in whose case everyone agree that it is total top. And I think we can move this discussion to other thread instead of stopping it:)
    There can be also nice discussion about which nationality is most open for playing abroad even in such exotic countries like China, Japan or even Quatar. Cheers everyone!:)

• I agree with you jaco :drink: It's a nice topic to discuss

Actually i can't understand why Chinese and Japanese players are totally close to play abroad.It is my biggest wish to see Asia volleyball and their top class players in european leagues.I know there were some players who were close to retire their career came here to play volleyball like Hao Yang,Kun Feng,Yuko Sano,Qui He.What about the young talents?Is there a rule or danger that if they leave their own country,does not federation let them play in NT's?Some years ago in Serie A i remember many chinese players were playing but now it's rather hard to see them.As far as i know local clubs are paying really high amounts to keep players like Saori,Takeshita,Ebata,Wang,Ming,Ma etc. in their national leagues.I guess they can improve their volleyball in europe too.I wanna see Wang Y. in Turkey so badly :lol:

What do you think about it?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• well, for me Weiss is just an average setter :thumbup:

@ Starnight : as far as I know, Chinese players are only able to play abroad when They have decided to retire from NT. this is a big pity Indeed. Let's bring a good example. as Feng and Yang showed in 2008, They were able to play in Italy because They had finished their NT career after the Olympic Games.
    on the other hand, the only japanese player who's playing in Italy now is Maiko Kano who presented Japanese NT in 2009. her team pavia is weak, but she's showing her talents. I also hope some Asian talents come to Europe and improve their style. I think this is gonna be really helpful for Internatinal competitions Indeed.

was it 5 years ago? I watched a match of Vicenza. and Miyuki Shin Takahashi played in the team, and She amazed me. She's only 1,70cm but She knows how to do volleyball, and how to enjoy the sport very well.

• was it 5 years ago? I watched a match of Vicenza. and Miyuki Shin Takahashi played in the team, and She amazed me. She's only 1,70cm but She knows how to do volleyball, and how to enjoy the sport very well.

She was really a great player.I was just admired her when she was playing :drink:unfortunately she retired from volleyball after the olympics :S

• She was really a great player.I was just admired her when she was playing :drink: But unfortunately she retired from volleyball after the olympics :S

Yes, I really miss her :wacko: She was the only Japanese player I used to admire...
    If I remember right, She's now working at a broadcasting station. well, I'm not really sure though. could any japanese users answer what she's doing now?? :thumbup:

• Just a few years ago Erika Araki went to Bergamo.It was nice to see her in europe but last year in WCH she was substitution player in bench.I think she is much better than Yamamoto or Inoue.I have no information that she might had a healthy problem but if she was healthy i didn't understand why she stayed in bench.Is it relevant with her Bergamo adventure?

• Just a few years ago Erika Araki went to Bergamo.It was nice to see her in europe but last year in WCH she was substitution player in bench.I think she is much better than Yamamoto or Inoue.I have no information that she might had a healthy problem but if she was healthy i didn't understand why she stayed in bench.Is it relevant with her Bergamo adventure?

She stayed at the bench almost all the games in Bergamo...therefore She hardly played. as far as I remember, after she went to Italy and came back to Japan, She couldn't play great like before. I think the biggest reason was definitely She barely played in Serie as well as in Champions League.
    btw, It seems like the Japanese NT main coach Manabe way prefers fast MBs such as Inoue and Yamamoto than Araki. moreover, Inoue and Yamamoto obviously are incredible blockers. but I think this year There will be some changes of it. who knows? ^^

• Erika Araki was one of the significant players for Yanagimoto while he was running Japan NT and she has awarded Best Blocker in Beijing 2008 Olympics and after she went to Bergamo.Probably she expected to start first six in Bergamo but Micelli didn't prefer her.Maybe she lost her shape but it is not hard to recover her shape for a high-level player :lol: :lol: but Manabe didn't try maybe.He prefer to focus on Yamamoto(29) and Inoue(29).Poor Erika :down:

• well, actually Yamamoto was more like one of the most significant players for Yanagimoto, I'd say. before she got married suddenly in 2006, She represented the NT in the olympic games in Greece, also in 2005. after She quit playing volleyball, Yanagimoto tried to use young Araki, and She was good. even now I can remember Yamamoto's back attacks. well bascially most of MBs don't even try to attack from the back-line :lol: well, She came back to court in 2008, and played amazingly well in 2009-2010 season. I think that's why Manabe used her last year.

about Inoue, as far as I know, her team Denso used to not let players play in NT before. but from 2009, She could eventually play. If She was able to play, She would obviously have played before, I guess...

• I don't think the stats shows how a player is..I think in the names you wrote here Glinka is the best..She knows how to play in difficult moments and she always a leader in her team and I think these things determine the best.She plays amazingly in Vakıfbank after 2 years break and Vakıfbank doesn't pay her a lot like Fenerbahce to Skowronska.Vakıfbank has a bigger budget last year but we didn't manage to make it to F4 but this year we are very near to F4.

agreeeeee !! :drink:

She's absolutely high level player :rose:

• Erika Araki was one of the significant players for Yanagimoto while he was running Japan NT and she has awarded Best Blocker in Beijing 2008 Olympics and after she went to Bergamo.Probably she expected to start first six in Bergamo but Micelli didn't prefer her.Maybe she lost her shape but it is not hard to recover her shape for a high-level player :lol: :lol: but Manabe didn't try maybe.He prefer to focus on Yamamoto(29) and Inoue(29).Poor Erika :down:

Is Erika high level-player? If u think so our volleyball ....joke, joke :lol:
    If I'm not wrong Sano played in Cannes then she turned back to Japan. At that time I wasn't her fan so I don't know how she played and why she turned back to Japan not stay in Europe.

• Nati

Another high-level player polemic is too much for today haha :lol: :rolll: :lol:

• Nati

Another high-level player polemic is too much for today haha :lol: :rolll: :lol:

Anyway I dont want to discuss with you I just said my opinion ...our volleyball world is .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Ah come on it was a joke :whistle: :lol:

• well, for me Weiss is just an average setter :thumbup:

@ Starnight : as far as I know, Chinese players are only able to play abroad when They have decided to retire from NT. this is a big pity Indeed. Let's bring a good example. as Feng and Yang showed in 2008, They were able to play in Italy because They had finished their NT career after the Olympic Games.
    on the other hand, the only japanese player who's playing in Italy now is Maiko Kano who presented Japanese NT in 2009. her team pavia is weak, but she's showing her talents. I also hope some Asian talents come to Europe and improve their style. I think this is gonna be really helpful for Internatinal competitions Indeed.

was it 5 years ago? I watched a match of Vicenza. and Miyuki Shin Takahashi played in the team, and She amazed me. She's only 1,70cm but She knows how to do volleyball, and how to enjoy the sport very well.

I didn't know that Chinease player cannot play abroad if they are in NT. But it is big loss for European volleyball. From the other hand we have USA players who play even in Antarctica I suppose;) Also Russia is quite closed and similar situation with Italy last years. Now Polish players are staying home apart of Glinka, Rosner and Skowronska.

• I didn't know that Chinease player cannot play abroad if they are in NT. But it is big loss for European volleyball. From the other hand we have USA players who play even in Antarctica I suppose;) Also Russia is quite closed and similar situation with Italy last years. Now Polish players are staying home apart of Glinka, Rosner and Skowronska.

I also hope many polish players can play abroad, especially Werblinska and Sadurek. well, I think Polish league is one of the highest leagues in the World, but players need new challenges. :whistling:

• no doubt rabita will advance the final4, btw i like the music of video :)