CEV Cup 2010/2011

• Results of the DOL for 2011 CEV Cup

Luxembourg, June 19, 2010. The Drawing of Lots for the 2011 CEV Cup and 2011 GM Capital Challenge Cup was organized this morning in Luxembourg under the supervision of CEV Vice President and ECC President Mrs. Riet Ooms, with two neutral observers – namely Igor Dolinsek from Slovenia and Cato Siljander for the Norwegian club of Nyborg BERGEN – attending that non-public session to represent the 139 clubs and 35 National Federations that registered for the 2011 campaign.
    Mrs. Ooms announced that upon a provision endorsed by the CEV Executive Committee and Board of Administration no final four will be organized for the CEV Cup and GM Capital Challenge Cup and therefore the competition will continue until the very end with home and away matches. Moreover, the rules governing the so-called “Golden Set” have been revised as well, i.e. for all matches – starting from the first round up to the final - a golden set will be played in case of a tie in wins (without counting the set ratio) and decide their final outcome.
    The operations started with the DOL for the 2011 CEV Cup – Women where a total of 16 clubs were already pre-seeded according to the European Ranking List. Italy’s Robur Tiboni URBINO – a newcomer in the European Cups after a dazzling 2009/2010 season in the Italian national league – will immediately have quite a demanding task as the club has been drawn to face Russia’s Uralochka-NTMK EKATERINBURG in the opening round of the competition. The traditional rivalry between Greece and Turkey will be rekindled once again also in the CEV Cup with Galatasaray ISTANBUL – that claimed third place in the last edition of the GM Capital Challenge Cup – playing Olympiacos PIRAEUS. There will be also a revival of the final match of that same competition as Germany’s DRESDNER SC takes on Asterix KIELDRECHT of Belgium, with the Germans having still sweet memories of the game they played in late March in front of a full-packed Margon Arena.
    The Italians of Casa MODENA – a major Volleyball force especially in the ‘90s – will open their campaign in the 2011 CEV Cup – Men against Croatia’s Mladost ZAGREB, runner-up of the last GM Capital Challenge Cup. The starting field of this Cup includes a flurry of extremely solid and well decorated teams, with Asseco Resovia RZESZOW of Poland and Unicaja ALMERIA of Spain having competed last year in the CEV Champions League and hence likely to fire up quite an ambitious season.

Detailed results of the DOL are available in the attached PDF files

DOL 2011 CEV Cup

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• What an unlogic draw ! Uralochka in first round will face against Urbi no. Two strong Teams who should play in Final Four. In another pairs two Teams with very bad level play. Well in this situation Uralochka will lost matches I think, but play in Challenge Cup and there will get ticket to Final Four ^^

• Also in first round is a repetition of the final of last year's Challenge Cup Dresdner SC - Asterix Kieldrecht.
    Jesi withdrew from CEV Cup...I really hope they will at least play Italian league ?(

They wont unfortunetly Matthias, the directory decided they will play B2 in Italy, not A1. Conegliano may get their spot in A1, not sure yet.

• I so sad for Jesi. Few years ago they were going great and now...... :(

• when we check the draw there is only 2 favourite for this cup 1 turkish club (galatasaray) and one italian (urbino). it is hard to estimate the other 2 teams which would qualify to F4. But German clubs(vilsiburg and dresdner) or polish clubs would qualify too

• In this season in CEV Cup and Challenge Cup will be no Final Four. Semi-finals and Finals will be home and away matches. Like in handball or basketball. Finals this Cups will be in the same time 29-30.03 1st match and 02-03.04 2nd match.

• The Greek team Panathianikos Athens has withdrawn from the 2011 European Cups!! :huh: ?(

Do you know why they have withdrawn???

http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…11531/11534/index_EN.html

I think because of problems with money.

• I think because of problems with money.

Money problems in Panathinaikos :?: :?: :?: I don't think so..Because they had a great basketball team and quite good football team..I know that Panathinaikos is one of the biggest team in Greece so it is very interesting if they have money problems!! :white:

• Financial problems...There are 18 different sports this moment inside the club..

BTW i think Panathiniakos could arrive in final 4 of CEV Cup this year.And for sure could win Galatasaray of several health problems this moment...

• 1-413 08.12.2010 / 18:00 GRE Panathinaikos ATHENS 0 0 0 0 - - 0 0 0 0 - - 0 0 0
    1-414 15.12.2010 / 20:00 BIH Jedinstvo BRCKO 3 25 25 25 - - 3 25 25 25 - - 6 150 0
    The GREEK Club has withdrawn from the 2011 European Cups

:down: I believe they should not do that they have a good team to withdrawdue financial problems

• Matthias what are the chances Vilsbiburg and Dresdner against Bacau and Kieldrecht in Your opinion?

• Tent OBRENOVAC 3 - 0 Beşiktaş ISTANBUL

26-24, 25-19, 26-14

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"