The 2012 CEV Champions League

• If all team would use their participation right, there would

3 Italian team

2 Russian, Turkish, French, Polish, Spanish

1 Serbian, Romanian, Crotian, Dutch and German teams and plus two wild card. 1 wild card would be given to Azerbeijan team for sure and other one probably for Third Turkish team.

But there is more likely Volero Zurich and Prostejov waiting for wild card :whistle:

So what about Crotian, Romanian, Dutch and German's slot? Do you think they would use their slots? :whistle:

• i think cev must expand champions league participant teams from other countries,

• Vilsbiburg (German champion 2010) said that if they win championship again this year, they would do everything to be able to play in ECL. With the current team they wouldn't have chances against the big teams from other countries, so they'd need to buy some more good players. I hope Schwerin can win championship and keep the roster from this year (Hanke, Thormann, Topic, Adlerova, Schaus, Kauffeldt, Brandt, Thomsen - a mixture of experienced high level players and young talents) and take the chance to play CL.

• well there's a big argument in Poland right now whether polish clubs should participate in european cups. the main reason is, it's not worth it and simply clubs loose more than they earn-the ridicoulous example being Dabrowa Gornicza(and i assume other teams in f4 of cev cup too)- they had to pay to cev to be allowed to play in semis and would have to pay even more to participate in the final. president of Bialsko Biala stated couple of weeks ago that if BB qualify to the CL they would withdraw. and there are rumours that president of polish federation Przedpelski is opting for this decision

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• well there's a big argument in Poland right now whether polish clubs should participate in european cups. the main reason is, it's not worth it and simply clubs loose more than they earn-the ridicoulous example being Dabrowa Gornicza(and i assume other teams in f4 of cev cup too)- they had to pay to cev to be allowed to play in semis and would have to pay even more to participate in the final. president of Bialsko Biala stated couple of weeks ago that if BB qualify to the CL they would withdraw. and there are rumours that president of polish federation Przedpelski is opting for this decision

Hopefully those who think Poland has extra influence with CEV are right, and this pressure will cause changes.

• You made mistake, Volero has enough points to play CL again without wild card, just finished season 2010/11 Volero didn't get wild card, they had enough points from previous seasons and where ranked 8 or 9 before drawing.

• You made mistake, Volero has enough points to play CL again without wild card, just finished season 2010/11 Volero didn't get wild card, they had enough points from previous seasons and where ranked 8 or 9 before drawing.

No you are wrong! as you see from this link,

Ranking List for European Cup Competitions

Switzerland is 13rd ranking country. So they have right only for 2 cev cup and 2 challenge cup. ;)

• Prostejov, Rabita, Volero and one of three turkish teams. now CEV has a little problem with choise. If all Crotian, Romanian, Dutch and German teams will participate in cup, thenCEV should increase number of teams to 24 :read:

• well that sucks, speacialy beacuse Volero had great season and they deserve to be in CL without wild card, CEV ranking sucks.

Agree, for me Volero was the nicest suprise in this CL edition, so I think the tournament will loose a little if Volero won't participate...

• At least the cup doesn't look like something that came from Godzilla's ass crack, unlike the men's trophy

• CAV Murcia 2005 (winner of spanish Cup) and Valeriano Alles Menorca (runner up of Cup and clasificated for final of league with Murcia) will be the 2 teams from Spain in Champions League, but I expect (as always) Murcia will refuse to play. So one place is free ;)

• Villa Cortese will play Champions League because won Cup of Italy.

If I remember well, first place in regular season gives the right to play in Champions League; Bergamo is very close to it.

We could write the page "List of teams by nations in european cups"...

• Fenerbahce Acibadem secured a spot in 2011/12 Champions League too since they finished regular season as leader in Turkish League.

• and also Eczacıbaşı as winer of Turkish Cup :thumbsup: So the last champion will be waiting for wild card :down: there must be a slot for the last champion :whistle: