The 2012 CEV Champions League

• CEV must change the competition teams 24 instead of 20, or more

• According to CL Handbook 11/12; CEV CL will be with 20 or 16 teams next year

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• According to CL Handbook 11/12; CEV CL will be with 20 or 16 teams next year

:mad: how can they do that, many good teams will be out of competition :what:

• But many teams can't play due to big costs related to participate in European Cups. This is reason why even good teams don't want to play.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• In my opinion CEV is richer than IMF :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Exactly. It's all about money. Participating in CL, costs too much money for clubs in The Netherlands..they can't afford it.. :(

It's too bad this is the case because there are some pretty talented teams from smaller countries, such as The Netherlands and Germany. My opinion on the CL is that it should be based on qualifying where $ does not play a role. That way the BEST teams and players would be able to participate. But at the same time I understand if the CL does not get its $ then the league could not exist. Touchy subject.

As for some of the teams, RC Cannes is a regular, as with Volero Zurich. I agree with you guys above it would be nice to see a team from Germany too.

• I think the problem is that it is really expensive for the clubs, and CEV dont do anything to help. They dont pay for anything, clubs have to pay all!!!!! :S

I mean, its CEV competition, I think they should be helpin! They only demand! They demand clubs have this and that, and let the gym like this, and bla bla bla, but they dont do anything to help clubs to participate! :S

So most clubs dont have conditions to be part of it, cause there are all this travels and everything. It is not worth it. So there are a lot of good clubs, but indeed Champions is becoming a tournament of money, for those who have money and can aford it, they play...

• http://cev.lu/mmp/online/websi…egulations_2011_04_22.pdf

as you can see on the link, there are 11 countries having right to participate Champions League, and two more for Wild Card! So teams would be like below someone correct me if i put it wrong)

1 ITA 3 (Cortese-Bergamo-Pesaro or Yamamay or Novara?)
    2 RUS 2 ( dinamo kazan and dinamo moskova)
    3 TUR 2 (FBA and vakıfbank)
    4 FRA 2 (Cannes and Mulhouse)
    5 POL 2 (fakro and Atom Trefl)
    6 ESP 2 (Menorka and Murcia)
    7 SRB 1 (Beograd)
    8 ROU 1 (Tomis Constanta)
    9 CRO 1 (Split)
    10 NED 1 (Amstelveen)
    11 GER 1 (Scwenier or Dresden)

As some people said Crotian, Spanish and Dutch teams would not use their right to participate. This means 4 free spot+2 wild card

Desirous teams for this wild cards would be :

Eczacıbaşı
    Rabita baku
    Valero Zurich
    Prostejov
    Probably third team of polish league
    and who will be 6th one? third team of russian league? or Azerrail Baku?

• FBA is Turkish champion and Eczacibasi Cup winner right? So those two should be qualified for CL and Vakifbank needs a wild card to participate even though they are the defending champion...or did CEV change some rules?

• Yes. FBA and VGSTT to Champions League, Eczacıbaşı to CEV Cup.

We are still waiting a WC.Hope's world :rolll: Eczacibasi's level is too high for CEV Cup :down:

• Eczacibasi was also too strong for the level of CEV Cup 2009-2010, but then Busto Arsizio won the Cup and Eczacibasi was out from F-4!

I think you didn't follow Eczacıbaşı previous season because it was the worst season of Eczacı's in last 10 years.Bad managment from Cuccarini who was trying to make reception Francia :whistle: Also Bordakova played first time abroad from Russia and she did nothing previous season local players were better than her :whistle: Therefore it is meanless to compare Eczacıbaşı with only one season they were always strong in Europe :win:

• I think the problem is that it is really expensive for the clubs, and CEV dont do anything to help. They dont pay for anything, clubs have to pay all!!!!! :S

I mean, its CEV competition, I think they should be helpin! They only demand! They demand clubs have this and that, and let the gym like this, and bla bla bla, but they dont do anything to help clubs to participate! :S

So most clubs dont have conditions to be part of it, cause there are all this travels and everything. It is not worth it. So there are a lot of good clubs, but indeed Champions is becoming a tournament of money, for those who have money and can aford it, they play...

You make good point, Joana! :D All CEV, like most organizations, cares about, is making money. As long as they can get clubs to pay the fee to join the CL, then they are satisfied. I really believe they don't care which clubs or from what countries different teams can participate.

I think the league should be based on the competitive nature of the clubs. That way the most talented players and teams would be able to participate. And they wouldn't necessarily make big $. I certainly think it would draw more viewers if the top clubs participated, but oh well, this is the world we live in. ;(

• in such a case, basketball euroleague, clubs get together and leave their federations and found their own league and there is agreement which teams would participate euroleague or not? so clubs know their future. maybe it is time to do same thing in voleyball :whistle:

• The only thing CEV thinks about is the money. So do not expect any effort to promote volleyball throughout European countries by them. We are talking about a federation who organizes an international tournament finals in the same country three times in a row. (European League- Turkey).

• I think you didn't follow Eczacıbaşı previous season because it was the worst season of Eczacı's in last 10 years.Bad managment from Cuccarini who was trying to make reception Francia :whistle: Also Bordakova played first time abroad from Russia and she did nothing previous season local players were better than her :whistle: Therefore it is meanless to compare Eczacıbaşı with only one season they were always strong in Europe :win:

Yes, but in 2009/2010 season eczaci lost to Rabita (who was not as strong as today, but good enough), I think CEV (as UEFA) wants not all of strongest teams to compete in CL, because they want to make popular CEV cup. This year CEV cup will be very interesting with Eczaci, GAlatasaray, Polish, Azeri and Russian teams+ clubs from CL who cant reach F12. Also this rules make more interesting national championships.