CEV Cup 2011/12

• :what: Holy shit....any info about the background??? Or is it just the "typical" behaviour of Greek (in this case Cypriotic) "fans" (they don't deserve that name) which has been happening so very often in Greek league in the last years?

http://www.volleywood.net/voll…yball-violence-in-cyprus/
    http://www.turkishweekly.net/n…ports-minister-kilic.html

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• :what: Holy shit....any info about the background??? Or is it just the "typical" behaviour of Greek (in this case Cypriotic) "fans" (they don't deserve that name) which has been happening so very often in Greek league in the last years?

It's because of the Northern Cyprus issue. Northern part of the island inhabited by the Turks declared independence decades ago and Turkey is the only country that recognized it.

• It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Actually the all players said the same things. They all said they were afraid a lot. A lot of things like big metal parts, the head of the fountain :what: :what: :what: were thrown by the spectators. They also threw gas bomb. :what: The only thing that I can say is : Shame on you brainless spectators!!!!! :down:

• Galatasaray Women's Volleyball Team players shared their feelings:

Elenora Lo Bianco: In the beginning everything was normal. I’ve never had such an experience. I’ve never played such an environment. I didn’t actually very scared when the chaos started, but I worried about my teammates’ anxiety and fear. It was very difficult to play against foreign substances from the surroundings. I got very angry in some parts. It's very sad to see this kind of stuff and to live these kind of things in sport and it is not an acceptable ...

Funda Bilgi; Although I have lived for the first time such an event, I wasn’t scared .. I noticed that I like so much to play against these kind of passionate supporters. But of course it bothers me not to display.

Gokcen Denkel Zop, The hall was empty when we entered but when we started warming the fans started to come. Hundreds of people shouting at us. There weren't enough police and there wasn't enough protection. At one point several people were fighting with their own policemen and they were handcuffed and taken away. We were sat on the bench but all of the foreign materials which they threw to the Galatasaray fans reached us. While I was looking to the stands, a large piece of metal passed through near of my head which they threw from 25 meters away at the same time a tap passed through near of our coch’s head. It was a big chance that nobody got hurt. I’m very happy that we won the match under these circumstances and thanks to our supporters who took risk and came to support us.

Deniz Çetinsaraç; When we were warming a big group came in the hall and they began to swear to us and to Turkey. Interestingly, there was a small group of police and the fans were very close to the court. When the match started they began to throw coins and lighters. The game stopped at the beginning of the second set because they started to break and throw the seats. They threw rubbish bins and began to quarrel with the police. During the third set they started to throw irons and taps which they broke from toilets and these things came behind the bench players. After this, we bench players went to the locker room and started to wait for the match to end. Personally, I was so scared to live for the first time something like this because if they wanted they could have easily entered the court. In the meantime, I would like to thank to Galatasaray supporters who came to support us.

Selime İlyasoğlu, We played against the hundreds of supporters before but they were rival teams’ supporters who came to support their team decently but this time the hostility in the eyes of the spectators brought the events to different dimensions.The game stopped about 15 to 20 minutes at the end of the first set because of the foreign substances which they threw to the court, then they continued to throw these things during the match, in the meantime I didn’t much pay attention because I was in the game but I noticed that the police did not intervene to the event much more. In the middle of the third set the events went off the rails and they started to throw irons and such things also they threw chairs and 2 sound bombs, It was a scary time and eventualy the police took them out of the hall with pepper gas. It was the last point and we continued to the game. When we entered the court we were effected by the pepper gas our eyes watered and we couldn’t breath. We finished the match and won under these difficult circumstances. Besides I thank to the brave supporters who came from The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

Seray Altay; We were all frightened with the tense atmosphere when we started warming. Then what happened was just like water flowing rapidly. I’ve never heard or seen such a hatred, malice which was interfered with politic events during a sport competition. It was a very different experiment for us and I’m very sorry because of this ugly incident. Believe me, I don’t remember what I did and how I played during the match. Hundreds of fans who constantly harassed us and terrifiying moments. Especially at ast points my consciousness were shut, I only remember my tears were streaming, my throat were burning and I was bending because of coughing. I thank to everyone in my team from the top level to the low. We showed everyone how brave we are under all circumstances, along with our managers and with team. Finally, I hope, we don’t live such an ugly incidents in sports any more and I hope it is seen that such incidents should not be allowed! God kept all of us. A lot of worse things could have happened.

Gamze Alikaya, I am one of youngest members of the team and I’m one of most effected .. They were the worst spectators and it was the most scary match I’ve ever played... the pressure started with the warm-up and it got more intense at the end of the game. We escaped by a hair breadth from foreign substance which were thrown to the court. It was surprising that the police were ineffective. All of the night the sounds roared in my ears, I was effected so much, in spite of everything we all thank to the Galatasaray fans who came to support us.

Ecem Alıcı; I am one of the most effected because of this incident because I’m the youngest one in the team. We expected that this match would be eventful but I never imagined such a violance. At the beginning of our warm up the audience started to insult us. It was the most scary thing, they intervened the court when the match started. It's gone really a serious accident. Large pieces of iron were thrown near of us, sound bombs exploded, the audience entered the field. Althought the cops interfered, they really scared us. Despite these events, the only situation which pleases us to win the match. We thank to the Galatasaray fans who they didn’t leave us alone there.

source: http://www.voleybolmagazin.com

• That team didn't have any problem in Turkey. So sad, to read this news :!:

Let's see what will be CEV's decision ? :whistling:

Well done and Good luck Galatasary :thumbup:

• well done greek cypriots you get achieve now :down:

• 10.01.12 - 12.01.12
    Robur Tiboni URBINO - Nova KBM Branik MARIBOR
    LP SALO - Smart Allianz STUTTGART
    Uralochka-NTMK EKATERINBURG - Aluprof BIELSKO-BIALA
    Yamamay BUSTO ARSIZIO - Igtisadchi BAKU
    Galatasaray ISTANBUL - Asterix KIELDRECHT
    A.E.K. ATHENS - Sagres NEUCHATEL
    SVS Post SCHWECHAT - Stiinta BACAU
    Rote Raben VILSBIBURG - Dinamo KRASNODAR

• My prediction for semi finals:
    Urbino(ITA) - Yamamay Busto Arsizio (ITA)
    Galatasaray (TUR) - Dinamo Kranodar (RUS)

By the way, does anybody know what is gonna be the format of semi finals of Cev and Challenge Cup? Will any team organise F4 or will it be the same as in last year(playing 2 semi finals both in home and away)?

• Do you have any link for Yamamay-Igtisadchi match?