The 2013 CEV Champions League

• I see that everybody is surprised about that Fenerbahçe is discarded from the competition however I think it was a good move to show that success in a sport is not only thing cared about! According to CEV's explanation and TVF president's interviews, FB didn't obey the rules and disrespect the authority of CEV. Since FB is a very powerful club in football, they always think that they have the same power in every sport and they can do whatever they want, which is obviously not the case in volleyball.

This punishment would teach them not to behave CEV as they do to TVF :roll: They would realize finally that they are not the king and do whatever they want. If there is a rule, 'Great FB' also would obey :whistle:

TVF president already explained the case very well. There is no right in Wild Card. There is only invitations. If you have somehow problems with the association which is on charge of giving WCs, it is obvious that you cannot take one. Moreover, with rosterwise view, nobody can claim that FB deserves more that GS :roll:

If a club is not obeying some kind of rules like "not staying at the same hotel" and etc. There are usually given some kind of fine or some other minor sanctions. In this case CEV has every right to invite any team since it is a Wild Card.

The point that you should understand is that if not obeying certain rules is that important and crucial so you mustn't invite that club to some other Cup Organization ( In this case CEV Cup). So Fenerbahce is invited to CEV Cup. If Fener was in top 2 in standings in Turkish League, they would invite them no matter what under circumstances. So this punishmet does not affect the invitaion to cups. But only the wild card invitation, which CEV can give which team she wants.

So you should put it into right perspective. As your writing concerned,you look like a Gala Fan attacking Fenerbahce. That is it.

As for CEV president explainning well; I have never seen a dumbest explanation from a Federation President.
    He said something like;
    "Think that you fight with one of your friends, do you invite him/her to your wedding ceremony." in simplest form. That is the relation between CEV and Fener. So thay had a fight and CEV does not Invite Fener.

• well gotta agree on some points, i'm a GS fan but still doesn't appreciate FB not being invited under these circumstances..CEV can easily give money fines or some other fines, this simply is not an excuse for this kind of treatment. By the way, that ridiculous wedding comparison belongs to TVF president, not CEV president and it is pretty childish and beyond comprehension.

• well gotta agree on some points, i'm a GS fan but still doesn't appreciate FB not being invited under these circumstances..CEV can easily give money fines or some other fines, this simply is not an excuse for this kind of treatment. By the way, that ridiculous wedding comparison belongs to TVF president, not CEV president and it is pretty childish and beyond comprehension.

You're right, it is a typo error. ( should be TVF)

By the way, it is said that, CEV informed the club about the situation and was waiting for an apology from the club, but couldn't recieve it. Don't know how true is that. If that's true, this is a big mistake from the club management, that they couldn't handle the situation well enough.

Also, according to past experience, I still think that Mr.Karabıyık (TVF Presd.) has got something to do with all this.

• The point you miss is that the disrespectful attitude of FB is not that much big to be kicked out of any european competition but apparently still annoy CEV that they use their right not to make a favor to FB by inviting them to CL with a wild card. From this perspective, wedding analogy doesn't seem bad :roll:

P.S: I am too smart to be member of any of these holigan fan group :down: But if you mean among volleyball clubs, I have sympathy to Eczacıbaşı and in the past ACIBADEM. :whistle:

• Statements of FB fans and of CEV can be read here: http://www.volleywood.net/voll…udes-defending-champions/

I don't know exactly what Fenerbahce did wrong last season, but basically I agree with what the fans write, CEV would have had so many options to punish them, why did they choose the worst one right away? It's not like Fenerbahce caused problems many times, just this last season. CEV statement just is meant to show their power, like telling everyone "if you don't do everything we say, look how we can destroy you!" and that is not right :thumbdown:

• Let's assume that Karabıyık has the power to convince CEV by using her personal relations with Meyer, can anyone blame him because he didn't do that :whistle: Especially after all blaming and provacative interview of Dinçay :down: Since 2+1 rule has been applied, FB club always opposes to TVF and makes conspiracy theories about TVF is enemy of FB and want to prevent them become successful :thumbdown:

After all these things FB did, I don't think they have the face to blame Karabıyık because he didn't make you a favor :roll:

• The point you miss is that the disrespectful attitude of FB is not that much big to be kicked out of any european competition but apparently still annoy CEV that they use their right not to make a favor to FB by inviting them to CL with a wild card. From this perspective, wedding analogy doesn't seem bad :roll:

P.S: I am too smart to be member of any of these holigan fan group :down: But if you mean among volleyball clubs, I have sympathy to Eczacıbaşı and in the past ACIBADEM. :whistle:

I am with you on this. I stated the same thing as wild cards are only based on Cev decision, but Participating to Cups is whole different story.

• But if any of the disrespect( not really sure about this one, isn't logical or rational enough for me.) or not obeying some rules during Final Four. CEV should have fined the club accordingly. Looks like nothing serious for CEV and they did not issue any fines. When they had a chanceof delivering Wild Cards. they excluded Ex-Champion from the competition.

I think all these were known by everybody. Gala knew that only 3 teams can be taken from Turkey, and still applied for the Fourth Spot. They surely knew what's going on. As I said before Mr.Karabıyık looks like the organizer of this Scenario.

But fault of the Club Management is huge here, for letting this happen in such fashion.

Finally, I have never seen or heard a League,where the League Leader that won all League matches in a year. Plays only one game and Loses Championship. And that playoff structure is only valid for one year. Formulated by Mr.Karabıyık. (Last year Fener won all matches in the League against Vakif, Eczaci, Gala..)

So that one game, and an injury took away the League record and all that hard work. Finally instead of winning the Tittle, Fener left herself asking for wild card, normally should have take that normal spot way before.

This is really heart breaking for players, organization and the fans.

Lastly, CEV looks like a family-run organization without rationality or logic. How can anybody explain me 9 Wild cards out of 24. No where in the world, I mean decent Sports Federations can issue that amount of Wild Cards. I remember these wild cards used to be given to couple of teams, mostly ex-champions etc. These practices destroy the attitude of sports and increase the politics and lobbying in sports in a big deal.

• ... And what i can't understand is like i said in the last post " if really he has nothing to do with this situation Why he try to defend himself and shows up every TV and spoke to all Websites? What is he trying to prove? " Who blame him? ...

You are perfectly right on this. I heard the news, than about half an hour later I saw Karabıyık before anybody trying to explain this and that...
    He was like; " I didn't do it ! I didn't do it ! Don't look at me. "

• Don't assume. He has the power on CEV. We all know it. First of all i don't blame him and i don't want his favor. I'm saying if he wanted, he could easily bring the wild card to Fenerbahçe. It was his choice not to. I can't say nothing to him . And what i can't understand is like i said in the last post " if really he has nothing to do with this situation Why he try to defend himself and shows up every TV and spoke to all Websites? What is he trying to prove? " Who blame him?

Yes after all these things Fenerbahçe did like investing on volleyball, trying to build the best teams, playing final four for 3 years. I don't have the face to blame Karabıyık. I blamed my club as you can see in the last sentence of my previous post:

" Fenerbahçe management is the biggest guilty of this crisis. Not Karabıyık, Meyer, CEV or TVF."

Isn't the reason so obvious? Because FB club all its fans blame him and media of course like the tension between federation and FB. So they ask questions and Karabıyık as a federation president, he has the responsibility to give the reasoning and stress that it is not federation's decision on wild cards in order to prevent misunderstandings. In my opinion, it totally makes sense. :whistle:

I am repeating again: there is no punishment or taking someone's right etc. It is not logical to complain about X person/association didnot make a favor to Y person/association.

About 9 of 24 spot's being wild card: first of all, before criticizing, please look for whether there would be any explanation 8) This year, due to high demand of other teams, CEV increase the team slots to 24, so 4 extra wild card position occurs. And the other extra slots stem from non-participating countries such as spain ;) I don't think any wild card is used misguidedly given. No powerful club stay out of competition (considering 3 teams quota of each country)

I am repeating again: there is no punishment or taking someone's right etc. It is not logical to complain about X person/association didnot make a favor to Y person/association.

About 9 of 24 spot's being wild card: first of all, before criticizing, please look for whether there would be any explanation 8) This year, due to high demand of other teams, CEV increase the team slots to 24, so 4 extra wild card position occurs. And the other extra slots stem from non-participating countries such as spain ;) I don't think any wild card is used misguidedly given. No powerful club stay out of competition (considering 3 teams quota of each country)

Still I do not think this wild card system managed properly by CEV. Basically Wild Card is a special Invitation, and by nature it is for special cases.
    As for non-participating teams, you can replace teams with in a system and that should be different than wild card system.

Non-participating teams are an important subject for CEV so should be dealt in a new structure, not in a loosely way like giving Wild Cards. (Like giving Candys.)

That's why I said, CEV operates like a family-run organization, their decisions as past examples and experiences suggest are not consistent and coherent at all.

• Fenerbahçe and fans blamed him a lot of times, (i also blame him lot of times, not this time) but it is the only time he speaks up so quickly and try to defend himself. If you really believe he has no power on CEV and he has not got any little tiny effect on this situation. I respect your idea but i'm totally against it but i can't do anything to change it.

I'm saying again I don't blame TVF and Karabıyık. I just want to express my thoughts about this situation. He has power on CEV. But didn't use. Noone can blame him for that. I'm saying i don't believe that he is not involved.

You say "I don't think any wild card is used misguidedly given." I say the opposite. 3 Azerbaijan Clubs? Really ? Why? CEV is like TVF that they can create and destroy the rules in a minute. I guess they decided to make this year tourament with 24 teams in the last minute, because they couldn't just increase Country's limit (for ex. Turkey can participate with 3 teams) and only 4 more wild cards can solve it.

I would accept that Karabıyık might have change something in favor of FB about this issue if he really wants.On the other hand, I really don't thing he makes somethings to ruin FB's wild card chance :whistle:

Wild card rule wasn't last minute things. It always is written in handbook, there is two different scheme is explained in both 20 and 24 teams case ;)

3 wild card for Azerbeijan is ok for me. Let's face it they have really good rosters, good public interest both on TV and in gym. So it is not a bad idea to give them wild card. Who would you give instead of them, indeed? (except Turkish, Russian, Italian and Polish teams since they already have 3 teams in CL).

By the way, with current roster (without Naz, Sokolova, Fabiana, Kim and Logan) FB cannot play final four even in CEV cup when you consider roster of Krasnodar, Omsk, Modena, Piacenza and other teams 8|

• Fenerbahçe disqualification is sweet juicy justice, CEV should disqualificate Arkas now for complete Harmony. :dance6:

Guess you post this into wrong topic. This topic is dealing with Women's CL. Fenerbahce has both Men's and Women's teams.
    Also if you have read couple of posts you would see that disqualification is not the issue here. All about CEV giving wild card to the club.
    So not something you've wished for. Sorry for that.

• Fenerbahce wasn't in Top 2 in league nor in cup,so they didn't qualify directly,so the only way they could play was with WC,and it was beteen them and Galatasaray,but,because CEV doesn't care about defending champions or any1(all they care about is money)that's why Gala recieved WC!

• Imagine:

CEV says that in the 2013 Euro CL may play one Club more but.. with Players who will play in the new season in non-Euro Clubs.

How should look 1st 7? I would create:

Takeshita - Skowrońska
    Menezes - Giel
    Tom - Costagrande
    Fabi

• It looks like a dream team, but is it possible to create a team like this? And what do you think who can be on bench? :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It looks like a dream team, but is it possible to create a team like this? And what do you think who can be on bench? :D

If CEV sees money everything is possible. I don't like bench so without :D

• I also wonder if that is really possible to make, but I would for sure add Sheila or Yanelis Santos as OPP instead of Skowronska.

but she can still on bench ^^ I'd add also Qiuyue Wei, Adenizia, Castillo, Ebata, Hyo-Jin Yang & Malika or Onuma, with this 14 it would look nice, but I wonder if they can speak english to communicate

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game