2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• I agree with Starnight. Azerail had no team-work, no chemistry, no passion...the biggest shit is their policy obviously :hit: "If you're not able to play as good as we've spent money on you, leave here immediately."

• What about French teams? Will Beziers or Mulhouse play in CL next season?

• Here are my predictions are as follows;

Red color = wild card

Update as of May 12th, 2013

Turkey: Vakıfbank, Eczacıbaşı VitrA, Galatasaray Daikin
    Russia: Dinamo Kazan, Dinamo Moscow, OMSK
    Poland: Atom Trefl Sopot, Tauron MKS Dabrowa Gornicza
    Italy: Piacenza, Imoco Conegliano, UYBA or Foppa
    France: RC Cannes, Beziers (If they refused to play in CL, Mulhouse will be next one.)
    Romania: Ştiinţa Bacău, Dinamo Romprest Bucureşti (did not want to participate in CL)
    Switzerland: Volero Zurich
    Germany: Schweriner SC, Dresdner SC
    Czech Republic: VK Agel Prostejov
    Serbia: Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Azerbaijan: Rabita Bakü, Azerrail Bakü, Igtisadchi Bakü
    Croatia: Croatia has 1 spot in CL but Croatian team probably will not participate to CL)
    Belgium: VDK Gent

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Edited 3 times, last by filedefener ().

• Schwerin's press responsible said in an interview that if they don't take their spot in CL, they couldn't play any other European Cup either and would be banned from European Cups for several years :white:
    (of course they'll play CL again next season, this year it gave them no financial deficit)

Sounds a bit exaggerated for me...there are so many teams every year that refuse playing in CL but I think some of them have played CEV Cup instead...

• Sounds a bit exaggerated for me...there are so many teams every year that refuse playing in CL but I think some of them have played CEV Cup instead...

Me too… Dutch teams have definitely done that

• Schwerin's press responsible said in an interview that if they don't take their spot in CL, they couldn't play any other European Cup either and would be banned from European Cups for several years :white:
    (of course they'll play CL again next season, this year it gave them no financial deficit)

Sounds a bit exaggerated for me...there are so many teams every year that refuse playing in CL but I think some of them have played CEV Cup instead...

This same threat was reported for Atom Trefl Sopot last year, when they had qualified but were unsure of their finances. So if they are exaggerating, they are not first club to do so.

Edit: Actually, I think, the threat reported for Atom was not just the club losing a spot, but the entire country would lose one CL spot for 2 years.

• Edit: Actually, I think, the threat reported for Atom was not just the club losing a spot, but the entire country would lose one CL spot for 2 years.

Yup, Schwerin's press lady said something along those lines too, that the whole league would get a punishment if Schwerin refused to play.
    But then, no Croatian team played in CL this season and still they have a spot for next season...

• Mullhouse was looted by Cannes :lol: even if they participate somehow i guess they won't go beyond group stage

Beziers will play CL next season because they was on final of the league. the only troubl e is to know where they will play the home games because the usual hall in Beziers is to small, so maybe they will play in Coubertin'hall in Montepellier

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• VT Aurubis Hamburg will be the only German team in Challenge Cup. Wiesbaden, Stuttgart and Münster all refused for financial reasons. CEV thinks about options to make other European Cups more attractive for clubs because at the moment only Champions League is interesting for many.

• Dresden's facebook page written that Dresdner has applied for a wildcard for participating in Champions League 2013/14.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"