The 2015 CEV Challenge Cup

• Uralochka NTMK in Quarterfinal.

The Club beat easily Ilbank.

I remember in turkish League Ilbank won v Busra 3-2.
    Does it mean that Busra is at the same level or even weaker?

Ilbank is 10th ..BUrsa is 8th in the standings...

Ilbank generally has been one of the good middle teams in the league but this year they are terrible therefore they got 10th...
    Bursa doesnt also have a good place in the standings but they sure play better than Ilbanl at home ,at least they TRY...If BUrsa can play the game they put against Vakıf then they can beat Uralocka at home....

• Novara completely dominated the return match and qualify for the next round. They took a risk last week not sending the whole team in Holland, but at least they manage the change the situation. Good luck to them!

• Kseniia Ilchenko is a new star. She needs to substitute Sokolova in the NT. Atacker, very good receiver, defende, block... and she is young!

Now, she is de 2nd best scorer, 5th best atacker, and reception is perfect.

:super:

• the last 8 in Challenge Cup :

Rote Raben VILSBIBURG - BURSA BBSK

Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA - SCHWERINER SC

Stod Volley STEINKJER - Khimik YUZHNY ---

AON Pannaxiakos NAXOS - Uralochka-NTMK EKATERINBURG

seems Bursa can go one step forward....Novara is the fav. against Schweriner...Khimik will beat Sood Volley....Uralocka will be in the last 4..

so....NOvara-Uralocka-Khimik and Bursa are may fav.s for the last 4..

what do you think?

• I agree with you Canter, even though I think that Novara mustn't underestimate Schweriner. They are favourite, but they have to play well and with full roster!

• Great performance by Schwerin :flower: :flower:

Stats:

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=27110

:teach: It is not over yet...Novara is able to win 0-3 in Schwerin, if they play their best :teach:

• wow i never expected Sweriner to beat Novara in Italy :thumbup:
    really good job...Sweriner together with Dresnder are the two good german teams but Italian team is a good team too (the best in the Italian league)...good luck for the return match...with a support of spectators at least Schweriner can win the golden set..i also remember that German teams are not that good at home :whistle:
    Hill and Klineeman will play better than that next week
    congrats Bursa!.. a good win.

• But Novara needs to win 4 sets, while for Schwerin 15 points can be enough...

Maybe i don't know good the challenge cup's qualification rules, can you explain to me, please?

• Maybe i don't know good the challenge cup's qualification rules, can you explain to me, please?

Well, as far as I know we count results as following: 3-0 or 3-1 - 3 points, 3-2 - 2 points, 2-3 - 1 point, 1-3 or 0-3 - 0 points. In case of tie we'll have Golden Set. Schweriner SC got 3 points, so even with Novara winning 3-0 we'll see Golden Set = that means that Novara needs 4 sets to win, having 3-0 or 3-1 + Golden Set. Schweriner needs to win Golden Set = 15 points like in tiebreak ^^ :wavy:
    Polish Leagues also use this system in some Play-Off rounds, but only for lower places ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Oh sorry yes, now it's all clear! the worlds "15 points" confused me :D