Champions’ League 2007/08

• Vienna, Austria, June 22, 2007. The drawing of lots for the Men's and Women’s Indesit European Champions’ League 2007/08 concluded tonight in Vienna (AUT).

In the women's event, last year’s vice champion Dinamo MOSCOW will meet 2003/04 titleholder and 2006/07 bronze medallist Spar TENERIFE Marichal from Spain in Pool E.

Results Drawing of Lots Indesit European Champions’ League 2007/08
    Women's League Round

Pool A
    RC CANNES (FRA)
    Farmutil PILA (POL)
    ZOK RIJEKA (CRO)
    Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA)

Pool B
    Winiary KALISZ (POL)
    Zarechie ODINTSOVO (RUS)
    Fenerbahce ISTANBUL (TUR)
    Azerrail BAKU (AZE)

Pool C
    Asystel NOVARA (ITA)
    ASPTT MULHOUSE (FRA)
    Voléro ZURICH (SUI)
    Türk Telekom ANKARA (TUR)

Pool D
    Grupo 2002 MURCIA (ESP)
    Sirio PERUGIA (ITA)
    Eczacibasi ISTANBUL (TUR)
    Postar 064 BEOGRAD (SRB)

Pool E
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)
    Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP)
    DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED)
    Post SCHWECHAT (AUT)

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Oleyy :D Mammadova chosen best volleyball player Champions League 2006/2007

I love u Mamma

• Quote from "Russia_Nikolai_Karpol"

i think dinamo will have easy pool

no ı don t think so.coz tenerife and dela are very strong team.
    especially tenerife with our star neslihan demir is my favourite :wink2:
    ı think all turkish teams can succeed pass this this round.they will be in the final 12 teams

• just the first 2 teams from each Pool will succeed to next round, right?

if its so, i'd predict these teams to move forward:
    Pool A: RC Cannes + Jesi
    Pool B: Winiary Kalisz + Zarechie Odintsovo
    Pool C: Asystel Novara + Volero Zürich
    Pool D: Murcia + Perugia
    Pool E: Dinamo + Tenerife (though im not well informed on tenerifes transfers..)

• My predections are just the same as yours, but in the Pool E I'd say that it would be Dinamo and Amstelveen :P
    Tenerife at least from what I saw, is not all that, and Nesli alone... well, she does great things, but she can't do it all by herself

• The 1st & 2nd ranked teams as well as the TWO 3rd ranked teams with the best score will qualify for the Play-off 12 teams.
    (these are my predictions)
    Pool A: Jesi and Cannes
    Pool B: Winiary Kalisz and Zarechie Odintsovo
    Pool C: Türk Telekom and Volero Zürich
    Pool D: Murcia and Eczacıbaşı
    Pool E: Dinamo and Tenerife

Pool A is the easiest C and D are the most difficult pools of the comp.six teams of these two pools(C AND D) have very good players Telekom(agüero,petrauskaite,bahar...) zürich(mammadova,djerisilo,spasojevic...) novara(skowronska,osmokrovic,berg...)murcia(walevske,fofao,glinka...)
    eczacıbaşı(metcalf,haneef,citakovic...)perugia(francia,del core,gioli...).ı hope those 2 best 3rd ranked teams will qualify from these two pools.ı can't wait to watch the battle of volleyball stars. :D :D :D

• hey guys, now i need some of your help or to be more exact some of ur opinions.
    The championsleague is about to start and i wondered whether to open new threads for each Pool or to keep all in this topic, which Nick created.

Right now i think ill keep this topic just so that the discussions might be easier to follow or? so it wont be needed to jump from one thread to another....
    Or would it be too messy to have all the results of the pools in this only thread?

• ı think you don't need to open new threads just one topic is enough and easy to follow. :wink2:
    ı really can't wait to see these great matches. :D :D

• Ivana Djerisilo = http://www.cev.lu/ssi/zoom.htm…LR_SRB_IV_DERISILO_XL.jpg :shock: :shock:

Anja Spasojevic = http://www.cev.lu/ssi/zoom.htm…_SRB_AN_SPASOJEVIC_XL.jpg :shock: :shock:

Completely blondes!!! :lol: :lol:

They were more beautiful before. :roll:

• so tomorrow the first games already... super match at the beginning... Dela Martinus - Dynamo Moscow :shock:

also croatia team Rijeka about to start in the CL, last year Mladost lost all games by MANY MANY points, Rijeka will have the same fate ?? anybody has any thought on that ??

• Quote from "zik013"

so tomorrow the first games already... super match at the beginning... Dela Martinus - Dynamo Moscow :shock:

also croatia team Rijeka about to start in the CL, last year Mladost lost all games by MANY MANY points, Rijeka will have the same fate ?? anybody has any thought on that ??

I think Rijeka is a bit stronger than Zagreb. Maja Simanic, the Serbian setter plays in it. But anyway it will be very hard for Rijeka.

• DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN - Dinamo MOSCOW 3:2 (25:10, 22:25, 25:18, 26:28, 15:13) Statistics

Well, I didn't see the match but I followed live scores. In the 4th set Dinamo was losing 23-17 and 24-21 but could save the set. In the fifth it was 7-3 for Dela and again Dinamo leveled the score 11-11, but in the end it came in favour of the Netherlands 15-13.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN - Dinamo MOSCOW 3:2 (25:10, 22:25, 25:18, 26:28, 15:13)

close match but set 1??? :shock: where is Godina and why Borodakova not play?

• Quote from "hugo"

close match but set 1??? :shock: where is Godina and why Borodakova not play?

Godina is recovering from knee surgery and there is no info on Borodakova. I think she began to practise after her shoulder surgery but that's not for sure and please look for other threads, they may be helpful if you want to learn smth :wink2:

• hmm too bad that dinamo lost the first match...
    a good game by Logan Tom i'd say looking at the statistics...

anyway, its just the beginning and im really pretty sure that dinamo will be able to revenge ;)

besides this match, also Cannes played (against Rijeka) and had no problems at all
    a clear 3:0 in the favor for the french champion.

tomorrow great matches awaiting us:
    Voléro ZÜRICH vs ASPTT MULHOUSE
    Türk Telekom ANKARA vs. Asystel NOVARA
    Zarechie ODINTSOVO vs. Azerrail BAKU
    FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL vs. Winiary Bakalland KALISZ
    Sirio PERUGIA vs. Eczacibasi Zentiva ISTANBUL
    Post SCHWECHAT vs. Spar TENERIFE Marichal

I hope for victories of Novara, Perugia, Kalisz and Odintsovo ;)

• I was not expecting a victory from DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN over Dinamo MOSCOW. This champion's league is going to be very exciting!
    Somebody watch the game?

In the other match Cannes win easily against Rijeka. Cannes is playing well and had a much better team than last year. They had great setters with Agca and Dong. Yaneva, Ravva and Rybazewski are playing well. The young Bulgarian spiker was unstopable. I am waiting to see more of the new libero Ino.

• ı hope for viktories of telekom,fenerbahçe,eczacıbaşı :D