Brazil - Superliga 2007/2008

• I really like Carol, but sometimes her mistakes annoy me. She's great at spiking and serving and she's good in defense too. But when it comes to setting, I think she has too many ups and downs. Maybe in NT, with better receivers, her game will flow better. I have the impression that technically, she has a lot to learn when it comes to setting, but her ball's distribution is better than Ana Tiemi's. That's why Tiemi is in the bench.

Carol has a lot of potential, in 2005 and 2006 she was playing very well, even in 2007 when she was in the NT she played well. After being dropped out of the NT, though, I think she has never reached her previous good form again.

I really like Carol but she needs to do her part, she has to improve her settings if she intends to be in the NT's roster.

As for Dani Lins, it goes without saying that she improved, but as Lothie said, it will be wiser for her to join the NT in 2009. If I were the coach I would call Fofáo and Carol this year and in 2009 the two setters would be Fabiola and Dani Lins.

• I don't think it would be good to let two young girls alone in 2009 without having any expirience....cause we don't need to do that....I think it would be wiser if we took one young setter at this olympic games...cause she would be able to feel this sensation....fell how to be in an olympic games...every athleth that already been in one says that the first one is always difficult cause there are so many thinks that can distract you...the village and everything....participating an openning cerimony....all this can be distracting and just take an anthlet out of her game....

So I think we should take one already....cause imagine then....only coming to next....the young setter(no matter who Zé decides...Dani, Fabiola,...)....would have not only the pression of beeing the leader of the team for the first time....that is already a huge thing...but also all this facinations that is an olympic game....

I think not taking a young setter to this Olympic games would be losing a chance to give her a huge expirience...and also not saying that she is going with Fofão that has already so much to tell after what 3, 4 olympic games.....

But is just my opinion....

• Well, Joanna, I totally disagree. The 2000 Olympic Games was Érika and Walewska's first time and they played very well, the same happened to Mari in 2004 and she was one of the best players of the Brazil's Team. Feng Kun won the Golden Medal at the Olympic Games at her very first time playing this competition, as well as the majority of the Chinese Team.

A player should not be in the OG in order to gain experience for the next one, being part of the OG's roster has to do with being the best option for the coach in the competition. It is not wise to test new players in the Olympic Games, all the other international tournaments that have been being held since 2005 serve this purpose.

• well...maybe.....but I still think that when the subject is a setter is totaly different.....cause more or less she has the great responsability....your reading of the game has to be bigger....and you touch all balls..there is not that of taking a breath or anything...I don't know...for me being a setter is a great responsability...and for that you need a lot of expirience....

• 1) São Caetano vs. Pinheiros - this wednesday

2) semifinal match # 1 - Rexona vs. São Caetano or Rexona vs. Pinheiros

3) semifinal match # 2 - Finasa vs. Brasil Telecom

4) semifinal match # 3 - Rexona vs. São Caetano or Rexona vs. Pinheiros

5) semifinal match # 4 - Finasa vs. Brasil Telecom

6) semifinal match # 5 - Rexona vs. São Caetano or Rexona vs. Pinheiros (if necessary)

7) semifinal match # 6 - Finasa vs. Brasil Telecom (if necessary)

8 ) final match - Rexona vs. Finasa (anyone doubts?)

Finasa will play in the maximum 4 matches, but it is probable that it plays 3 matchs, the last one against Rexona. That means Finasa has 2 matches left to be prepared to play against Rexona, which has been Finasa's nightmare lately. Out of the 5 last matches Finasa played against Rexona, they lost 4. Let's hope things could work out fine for Finasa!

Go Paula!!! Go Adenizia! Go Carol! Go Natália!

• São Caetano/DETUR 2 x 3 Pinheiros/Blausiegel (16-25, 25-23, 25-23, 21-25, 12-15)

Now there are in the maximum 7 matches left:

1) Brasil Telecom / Brusque x Finasa / Osasco
    2) Pinheiros / Blausiegel x Rexona-Ades / Rio de Janeiro
    3) Finasa / Osasco x Brasil Telecom / Brusque
    4) Rexona-Ades / Rio de Janeiro x Pinheiros / Blausiegel
    5) Finasa / Osasco x Brasil Telecom / Brusque (if necessary)
    6) Rexona-Ades / Rio de Janeiro x Pinheiros / Blausiegel (if necessary)
    7) Final Match (I can even bet it will be Rexona-Ades / Rio de Janeiro x Finasa / Osasco)

• Semifinal Match #1

Pinheiros Blausiegel 1 - 3 Rexona-Ades Rio de Janeiro (12-25, 17-25, 25-21, 20-25)

• Brusque Brasil Telecom 2 - 3 Finasa Osasco (25-23, 16-25, 10-25, 25-21, 11-15)

• I hope there are just 3 matches left! I can't wait to see the end of the Superliga!

• I'm attending Finasa x Brusque next saturday ;)
    I would be surprised if Finasa lost, but, who knows! Brusque is a good team...
    Rexona surely will beat Pinheiros again, and then... they are already in the finals!

I think it's such a stupid decision to make the finals in one single match!

• I think it's such a stupid decision to make the finals in one single match!

Totaly agree!!!!!No sence!!! Things of CBV!!!

I saw the game today...and Finasa looks to just sleep during some moments....well...RExona is doing the same way...waht is happeneing to this girls!!!!
    But I have to say I didn't understand Fabiana Berto today....at the fifth set...she didn't use the middles...and only put two balls to Lia! Juzinha and Érika had a hard work against Finasa's powerful block...of course...hehe...really didn't understand...
    I'm glad to see Nathalia...she is playing really well...specially in defense...thing that she didn't do a few months ago...I think she is going to be a great player....well...she already is...but she really has a great future...

And in Rexona, well I don't know if you saw the game...but I'm really glad with Dani Lins work...her biggest problem always was to choose the right balls...and she is finaly finding that! Her balls with Fabiana are going really well...adn she is playing much faster with Sassá and Renatinha....
    I juat hope she continiums like this at the final! ;)

• Rio de Janeiro / Rexona-Ades 3 - 0 E. C. Pinheiros / Blausiegel
    (25-21, 25-21, 25-18 )

Osasco / Finasa 3 - 2 Brusque / Brasil Telecom
    (19-25, 18-25, 25-19, 25-22, 15-12)

The title of the 2007-2008 season of the Brazilian Superliga will be decided next weekend between Rio de Janeiro / Rexona-Ades and Osasco / Finasa. This match will be held in Rio. I hope Finasa could beat Rexona, after their great come-back victory over Brusque / Brasil Telecom today.

• Correction: Finasa/Osasco 3-2 Brasil Telecom (19-25/18-25/25-19/25-22/15-12)

Scorers: Finasa:
    Paula (21), Dani Scott-Arruda (16), Suelle (13), Elisangela (10), Andreia (7), Natalia (2), Tandara (3), Ana Tiemi (2), Carol, Adenízia (3) and Silvana.

Telecom: Erika (17), Edna (15), Lia (15), Juzinha (13), Renata (14), Veronica (4), Fabi Berto (1), Luciana, Kika, Karin and Betina.

• With the Brazilian team's technical Jose Roberto Guimaraes in the audience, the Osasco, who came to lose by 2 sets to 0, turned the match against Brazil Telecom in Barueri by 3 sets to 2 (19-25, 18-25, 25 -- 19, 25-22 and 15-12) and won the vacancy in the Superliga women's final for the seventh consecutive time.

The team of technical Luizomar de Moura(osasco), now, closed the series best-of-three in 2 to 0, and returns to face once again in a final, Rexona Superliga as the Rexona passed by Pines in the other semifinal. The decisive confrontation happen in the next Saturday, in Maracanãzinho.

Brasil Telecom and Pines, in turn, disputarão the confrontation that define the third and fourth placed in the competition. The confrontation between the two teams will be this Tuesday, with the command of the Pines.

The final will be disputed between the two teams that were protagonists of the whole competition. Each of the teams won two tournaments (the Osasco took the first and third, while the Rexona won the second and fourth). The team of technical Bernardinho, but preceded the end of the first tournament, while the Osasco been in every final.

The confrontation this Saturday has been extremely balanced. Chaired by veterana Érika, Brazil Telecom is not imported into play outside the home and monitored the actions of the departure. Nervous, the Osasco errava much, which allowed the rival conquistasse first two sets: 25-19 and 25-18.

Asked after the end of the second set, the technical Zé Roberto, who promised to announce the convening of the female selection for the Olympics after the end of the Superliga, underscored the balance of the confrontation, and predicted what was to come.

"Brazil Telecom is winning, but not ended. It is always a very balanced duel between the two teams," said the TV Globo.

And Zé Roberto was right. Supported by the crowd and the great performance of Paula Small, who ended the game with 21 points, the Osasco won the two sets: 25-19 and 25-22.

In the fifth and decisive set, the Brasil Telecom started in front, giving shows that define the game, postponing the decision of the semifinal for the third game - the visitors came to open 9 to 4. But in a reaction more impressive, the Osasco again turn the game and closing the match in 3 sets to 2 and the series in two matches to zero.

• In search of penta, Rexona beats Pines and goes to the 4 th final followed
    Do UOL Sport
    In Sao Paulo
    Top winner of the women's Superliga, volleyball, Rexona-Ades confirmed the favouritism before the Pinheiros / Blausiegel and ensured the presence in its fourth consecutive final. In search of the fifth title, the Rio team won by 3 sets to 0, partial, 25-21, 25-21 and 25-18, and closed this Friday the series best-of-three semifinal in the 2 to 0.

The triumph tonight eliminated the need to dispute the third departure. The other finalist leaves the confrontation between Finasa / Osasco and Brasil Telecom. The team Paulista won the first game of the semifinal and is a victory for re decisions of the last three seasons, against Rexona.

Owner of the best campaign, the Rexona suffered only two defeats in the first round and none in the playoffs. The Pines is the Superliga Dismissal without winning the Rexona, all four were duelos with four wins Rio.

With good public in the gym Tijuca, the Rexona dominated the match from the start. The proper positioning of the defence and performance of the attack were decisive for the victory of the sacramentar Rio.

At the start of the game, to open the Rexona advantage in partial 8-5. Without record many points in the blockade (only two in the first set), the team led by Bernardinho managed to hamper the pass and saw the opponent errarem more, which led to the end of the partial at 25-21.

Even without the usual achieve good performance in the block, one of the main foundations of the team, the Rexona dominated the second partial practically tip the tip and closed again at 25-21.

After a good start of the third set, the donas of the house facilitated the passing of the Pines, who managed to stay ahead of scores (12-10). But the controlled, Bernardinho again compose well the defensive sector and ensured the first wave in the final to win the partial by 25-18, with attack of Renatinha, voted the best player departure.

• This is the 7th time in seven years that Finasa reaches to the Final Playoffs of the Brazilian Superliga!

I hope Finasa could kick Rexona's ass next Saturday! All they have to do is pay special attention to their reception and serve very well. The rest is consequence!

Go Finasa!

Get out Fernanda Venturini! No one needs you in Brazil's NT!

Go Brazil!

• Rexona 3 - 1 Finasa
    (21-25, 25-20, 25-14, 25-20)

• What a game for Rexona-Ades!!!!!

The girls atarted a little down...felling a lot of preasure from being a only one final game...and for the cheer that feld Maracanazinho!!!!And also Finasa started really well at block specially stoping the most important play of Rexona that is the one with the middles...but already at the second set...Rexona was able to calm....and the game just fluid...

incredible match of the libero Fabi...the was even elect the best of the match!!!Amazing defense....

Dani Lins did a amazing game too....choosing the best balls to put...at the right time!!!

And Thaísa was great at block...she didn't make a lot of points spiking...but nothing passed free over her block!

Since Rexona changed their strategy Finasa was just not able to play their game!!!

And now is the fifth time Rexona is champion!!!First team to do that at Superliga!!!Congratulations to the girls...they deserved...was the bast team during the Superliga...Finasa looked to have the best individual players...but as group...Rexona was better!

• Best players:

Best service: Thaísa (Rexona-Ades)
    Best spiker: Paula Pequeno (Finasa/Osasco)
    Best block: Adenisia (Finasa/Osasco)
    Best defense: Sassá (Rexona-Ades)
    Best reception: Fabi (Rexona-Ades)
    Best setter: Dani Lins (Rexona-Ades)

MVP of the match: Fabi (Rexona-Ades)

• I just didn't get these nominations, according to the statistics of the Championship, the prizes should be the following:

Best server: Thaísa - Rexona-Ades / Rio de Janeiro
    Best attacker: Thaís - Blausiegel / Pinheiros
    Best blocker: Adenísia - Finasa / Osasco
    Best digger: Paula Pequeno - Finasa / Osasco
    Best setter: Dani Lins - Rexona-Ades / Rio de Janeiro
    Best receiver: Camila Brait - Detur / São Caetano