Transfer News Italian Seria A

• Kathy Radzuweit will play in Minetti Infoplus Vicenza. Another German player to join the Italian League next season.
    Furst will play in Pesaro and Grun in Bergamo. Now it remains the questions of where will Pachale and Dumler play.

• Perugia was a mystery 'till today, when finally some official news came. Marinova will be the new setter, but Zetova may finish her career. That doesn't make very much sense, because Marinova-Zetova could be a good setter-opposite since they know each other very well. The middle blockers will be Gioli-Crisanti, the libero Arcangeli and the OH Del Core-Pachale who will make a very stable reception. In this way (if Zetova finishes her career) Francia could play as an opposite, but she is tempted by Sassuolo (the team of Turlea) and we don't know yet if she remains in Perugia.
    Anyway there are rumors about Rinieri and/or Jaqueline in Sassuolo. This team, that last year played in Serie A2 wants to make a very competitive team. Imagine if they buy Francia and Rinieri as OH, with Turlea as an opposite, it will have a very efficient offensive trio.

• found an interview with Milena Rosner about her transfer to Foppa Bergamo.
    Since my italian is not the best, i hope some italians will correct me if i write sth wrong :wink2:

Milena Rosner: "I chose Foppapedretti Bergamo because its one of the best clubs in Europe. They won the italian championships very often and took part in the European Championsleague as well.
    I wanted to play in the best league of the world, the italian one. It will be a new experience for me and i think it will help me to improve and play better.
    It will be very important for me to practice together with the best players around: Until now i met them all just as opponents with their clubs or nationalteams. I am happy that i chose Foppapedretti and that Bergamo chose me as well. I hope i will be able to help the team to achieve new victories."

source: http://www.volleybergamo.it

“Ho scelto Bergamo perché è uno dei migliori club d’Europa, molte volte primo in Italia, molte volte protagonista nella Final Four di Champions League in Europa. Avevo una gran voglia di giocare nel miglior campionato del mondo, quello italiano. Per me sarà una nuova esperienza e credo che avrò molte più possibilità per giocare sempre meglio. Sarà veramente importante allenarmi al fianco delle migliori giocatrici in circolazione: fino ad ora le ho incontrate solo come avversarie, sia nel club che in Nazionale.
    Sono felice di aver scelto la Foppapedretti e che la Foppapedretti abbia scelto me. Spero di poter aiutare la squadra a raggiungere nuove vittorie.”

Christiane Fürst presented in Pesaro

her new nickname is "Miss Muro" (Miss Block)

She said that it is a great honour to play for Scavolini Pesaro and that the team was interested in her. She also mentioned that she knows some of her new teammates already, as Guiggi, Ferretti, Sheilla and Mari.
    Christiane will return to Italy at the end of september after the GP Qualification and the EC.

• No mistakes!! Well done Nastja!!! :D

I'm very happy that Milena is going to play in Bergamo. She is one of the best diggers and receivers and with a setter as Lo Bianco her spikes would be effective. Plus she is a very pretty girl!!!

• Quote from "samba player"

No mistakes!! Well done Nastja!!! :D

I'm very happy that Milena is going to play in Bergamo. She is one of the best diggers and receivers and with a setter as Lo Bianco her spikes would be effective. Plus she is a very pretty girl!!!

perfetto!
    i read in some italian forums that the fans are not so happy about this transfer, saying that Milena is a useless player for foppa etc. I really hope she will adapt well in the team and wont be just a substitute...
    (but as we know foppa even the substitutes play a lot)

• The line ups of each team... (please consider that not all teams are complete yet)
    Players marked green and bold are new

Despar Perugia:
    Del Core, Crisanti, Marinova, Francia, Gioli, Pachale, Arcangeli, Decordi, Pavlovic, Sacco, Usic, Grbac, Zetova

Zetova might leave the team though

Jesi:
    Rinieri, Bown, Marcelle, Togut, Gattaz, Cella, Puerari, Bedin, Negrini, Calloni, Tonelli

Pesaro:
    Mari, Guiggi, Ferretti, Sheilla, Furst, Costagrande, Wijnhoven, Muri, Lunghi, Garzaro, Brussa

Novara:
    Osmokrovic, Anzanello, Berg, Skowronska, Paggi, Waleskinha, Cardullo, Barcellini, Popovic, Ballarini, Corbellini, Musti De Gennaro

Bergamo:
    Rosner, Poljak, Lo Bianco, Gruen, Barazza, Piccinini, Croce, Fiorin, Sorokaite, Gujska, Arrighetti, Merlo

Chieri:
    Willoughby, Giovanna, Gligorovic, Barun, Vincenzi, Secolo, Borri, Petrolo, Merlotti, Busso, Cicolari

Imola:
    Sustring, Leggeri, Dall'Igna, Curcic, Radzuweit, Mifkova, De Gennaro, Zanin, Ikic, Plchotova, Mataloni, Paccagnella, Petrauskaite

Forli:
    Germanova, Petkova, Luraschi, Beccaria, Grando, Di Iulio, Vecchi, Poggiali, Angeloni, Leonardi

Altamura:
    Fofinha, Romanò M.R., Pinese, Biamonte, Paraja Ramos, Gaggiotti, Orsi Toth, Montillo, Giogoli, Bland

Santeramo:
    De Luca, Marulli, Fernandinha, Boteva, Dushkyevich, Soninha, Porzio, Sirressi, Rizzo, Cimoli

Busto Arsizio:
    Esko, Luciani, Dirickx, Ortolani, Buckova, Viganò, Molinengo, Parenti, Valeriano, Fokkens, Ravetta

Sassuolo:
    Kozuch, Nucu, Pincerato, Turlea, Devatag, Vitez, Cozzi, Bosetti, Havelkova, Lancellotti, Santisi :wink2:

• Quote from "Nastja"

perfetto!
    i read in some italian forums that the fans are not so happy about this transfer, saying that Milena is a useless player for foppa etc. I really hope she will adapt well in the team and wont be just a substitute...
    (but as we know foppa even the substitutes play a lot)

Some are not happy because they say that Rosner, Picci and Fiorin play a similiar game (I mean quick and smart spikes, but no power spikes on high ball).
    But in my opinion with Picci and Rosner reception and defence are going to be very very good, so Lo Bianco can play effectively with MBs, Gruen, Picci and Rosner. Lo Bianco is a setter with quick balls, so I think Rosner will adapt well. As I have said I'm very happy about Rosner. She is a good player, very pretty and she seems also nice.

Anyway thanks for your great work about teams composition. :D
    Don't you think that the Italian Champions is loosing some quality. I mean we've lost Fofao, Walewska, Aguero, Spasojevic, Erika and other good players. But on the other hand thanks to Guidetti a lot of good German players came (Furst, Kozuch, Radzuweit).

• well, the league misses real superstars as it had 2 years ago with Sokolova or with Godina...
    but i like a lot of teams this season. Besides Foppa of course there is asystel which seems to have a nice team also
    But ill definitely miss Walewska and Aguero.... :roll:

Anyway thanks for your great work about teams composition. :D
    Don't you think that the Italian Champions is loosing some quality. I mean we've lost Fofao, Walewska, Aguero, Spasojevic, Erika and other good players. But on the other hand thanks to Guidetti a lot of good German players came (Furst, Kozuch, Radzuweit).

Well, Spasojevic left because she felt it was too physically and mentally demanding to play so many games in such a short period of time. Jelena Nikolic was also pretty annoyed with the League Cup system that was introduced this year because she thought it was too tiring and essentially meaningless. I don't know if that applies to all the players that are leaving the league, but they might think about changing the system a bit. If it is indeed too tough on the body to play so much, and you can get good money elsewhere, it's logical that they leave.

• Spasojevic left because of her injury problems. The League is demanding so it is better to rest a little bit for her. She was very sad to leave Novara, because she felt at home. She loved her fans. We've lost not just a great player but a GREAT PERSON!!!!!!!! But she may return in a few years.

• Quote from "Brian"

Where is Dumler going?
    can't find her name in the list

Cornelia Dumler will play in Ostiano (Serie A2).

BTW, do you remember Anna Vania Mello?? She quit volley, but she is returning this year and will play in Asystel Novara!! I'm very happy!!! :D

Other news = Yakovlyeva will play in Santeramo, Chmil in Jesi. Both are from Ukraine. Jenkins in Imola.

BTW, do you remember Anna Vania Mello?? She quit volley, but she is returning this year and will play in Asystel Novara!! I'm very happy!!! :D

wow, returning and finding a great team immediatly! good for her!

i just cant wait for the league to start :D
    btw, somebody knows if raisport will continue to broadcast some matches?

• Quote from "Nastja"

wow, returning and finding a great team immediatly! good for her!
    i just cant wait for the league to start :D
    btw, somebody knows if raisport will continue to broadcast some matches?

Yes, it seems that raisport will continue to broadcast the matches! Not sure 100%, but probably yes! There were rumors about Sky (Italian pay TV), that had in interest in women volleyball, but I don't think it will happen this year.

Stars such as Walewska, Fofao, Aguero, Sokolova, Glinka... will be missed, but on the other hand there are a lot of young and promising players. Pesaro with "Miss Block" Furst. Sassuolo has a good team with opposite Turlea and young Vitez and Kozuch.

But the teams I like very much this year are Novara and Bergamo.

Novara is the most modern and innovative team. It will play with 6 middle blockers (Anzanello, Paggi, Waleskinha, Skowronska, Mello, Musti De Gennaro). Anza, Paggi and reserve De Gennaro will remain MB, Waleskinha switched to spiker, Skowronska to opposite and Mello probably or MB/opposite or even spiker. It is good with a setter such as Berg who loves quick play. But Cardullo and Osmokrovic must give a perfect reception. Blocks won't be a problem with so many MBs!! Hehe

Bergamo too with Lo Bianco's setting and Picci and Rosner good reception and smart attack will play a quick volleyball. There is Gruen for the "hot" balls, Poljak and Barazza as MBs and Arrighetti, Fiorin and Sorokaite as good reserves. Fiorin is capable of more, I don't understand why she played that bad in august. Sorokaite is a promising player, as well as Arrighetti. It's a pity that Bergamo could not defend it's Champions League title. :cry2: :cry2: