Turkey - 1. Lig 2008/2009

• Go Fenerbahce! Go Anja! :cup:

• cuccarini makes me crazy :mad: ı am sure ıf they leave club tomorrow eczacıbaşı can win easier!

• If he will Serdar, maybe I will learn to like Eczacibasi.. :lol:

• Wow! I didn't think they had championship material in their roster before the season, I would have put Turk Telekom, Eczacibasi and Vakifbank ahead of them. But it's a nice surprise, even though I cheered for their opponents in the finals. I'm glad Anja won the title. :cup: She's not receiving serve, as I understand?

What went wrong with Eczacibasi in the end? Except for the coach, as I can see not many people like him. :P

• Congrats to Fenerbahce! :cup: . I cheered for them because they were underdogs from the beginning of the season.They didn't invest huge amount of money like some other turkish clubs to bring the biggest stars(of which some didn't pay off their salary).I am happy for all FB players, but especially for young turkish player Eda Erdem who was brave enough to choose FB over Ecsacibasi. :thumbsup: .PS Looking forward to see Serbia-Turkey in European league(in the final hopefully :) ).

• congratulations for fenerbahçe :drink: they were underdog.
    they have good turkish players. especially eda erdem(MB) and seda tokatlıoğlu(opposite) and marina tumas show very good performance although noone expect that surely. players from fenerbahçe are very good at serving.
    eczacıbaşı s main problem cuccarini in my opinion :mad: his volleyball style so boring and predictable. and always accuse naz aydemir and other young players.
    anyway ı hope next season he will be fired...

• Congratulations !!! This is our first Championship in Turkey but not last one. We called them "Yellow Angels" in Turkey and now, they r on sky like stars!..

Wow! I didn't think they had championship material in their roster before the season, I would have put Turk Telekom, Eczacibasi and Vakifbank ahead of them. But it's a nice surprise, even though I cheered for their opponents in the finals. I'm glad Anja won the title. :cup: She's not receiving serve, as I understand?
    :P

So many volleyball's fun thought like that, but we always trust our team and we feel like a "team". This s the main reason. Also Jan De Brandt s a great coach, our biggest transfer is Jan De Brandt. There is no Grün, Aqüero, Mirka Francia, Vesna, Poljak, Mammadova, Nikolic..etc but our them is the best.!!

http://www.fenerbahce.org

• Congratulations to Fenerbahce. I'm beginning to like Seda Tokatlioglu. :)

• Individual awards
    Best Setter : Oksana Parkhomenko (Fenerbahçe Acıbadem)
    Best Spiker : Mirka Francia (Eczacıbaşı Zentiva)
    Best Server : Mirka Francia (Eczacıbaşı Zentiva)
    Best Scorer : Mirka Francia (Eczacıbaşı Zentiva)
    Best Blocker : Vesna Djurisic (Eczacıbaşı Zentiva)
    Best Libero : Gülden Kayalar (Eczacıbaşı Zentiva)
    Best Receiver : Esra Gümüş (Eczacıbaşı Zentiva)
    MVP: Seda Tokatlıoğlu (Fenerbahçe Acıbadem)

• Congratulations to Fenerbahce. I'm beginning to like Seda Tokatlioglu. :)

seda is getting better and better.maybe this summer she can play instead of even neslihan darnel. but ale wants her to play as a OH hitter.(such a situation terzic make djerisilo to change her position) and we will have 2 good attacker at the same moment. also çiğdem can rasna and eda erdem(both MB) tries to receive.and they are good at(like walewska)
    finally season is end.and it is time to hear new transfer news :whistle:

• seda is getting better and better.maybe this summer she can play instead of even neslihan darnel. but ale wants her to play as a OH hitter.(such a situation terzic make djerisilo to change her position) and we will have 2 good attacker at the same moment. also çiğdem can rasna and eda erdem(both MB) tries to receive.and they are good at(like walewska)
    finally season is end.and it is time to hear new transfer news :whistle:

With çiğdem and eda being both good receivers, I think Turkey can try what Fenerbahce (with the two mentioned players), Perugia (with Walewska), Odintsovo (with Walewska), China (with Yan Liu), France (with Ravva and Lozancic), Romania (with Butnaru) and Azerbaijan (with Korkmaz and Parkhomenko) did in the last years: to sub the OHs instead of the MBs.
    The question is: are those two MBs good at defence too? Can they attack from back row?
    You can try Perugia's way of playing (libero subs one OH and one MB) or France way (libero subs both OHs). I think you should try Perugia's style, because Esra Gumus is a very good receiver and defender.
    But if you want to play with Demir, Neriman and Seda all on court to maximize attack, you should definitely have both those MBs receiving to have stable reception. It all depends on how good they are in reception in comparision to Seda, Demir and Neriman. (!)

• With çiğdem and eda being both good receivers, I think Turkey can try what Fenerbahce (with the two mentioned players), Perugia (with Walewska), Odintsovo (with Walewska), China (with Yan Liu), France (with Ravva and Lozancic), Romania (with Butnaru) and Azerbaijan (with Korkmaz and Parkhomenko) did in the last years: to sub the OHs instead of the MBs.
    The question is: are those two MBs good at defence too? Can they attack from back row?
    You can try Perugia's way of playing (libero subs one OH and one MB) or France way (libero subs both OHs). I think you should try Perugia's style, because Esra Gumus is a very good receiver and defender.
    But if you want to play with Demir, Neriman and Seda all on court to maximize attack, you should definitely have both those MBs receiving to have stable reception. It all depends on how good they are in reception in comparision to Seda, Demir and Neriman. (!)

Yes they are good at defence.They can attack from back row.Eda Erdem used to play as a wing spiker.However, i think Çiğdem Can Rasna won't be in the Turkish National Team because Alessandro Chiappini wants to play with young players.

• From an amateur's point of view, I agree with Samba that if the two MBs are really competent in defense, then they can try Perugia's style.

Samba if I ain't wrong, I think Cuba did that two with Zoila Barros - using the MB as a receiver I mean.

• From an amateur's point of view, I agree with Samba that if the two MBs are really competent in defense, then they can try Perugia's style.

Samba if I ain't wrong, I think Cuba did that two with Zoila Barros - using the MB as a receiver I mean.

In cuban team all the middle players were receiving (Torres, Carvajal, Carrillo, Barros...) since they are not using a lot the libero.

• Cuba is a little bit different situation. They don't use the libero very much and the receivers are those in the back row. So for Cuba all players receive - Ramirez, Santos, Mesa, Calderon, Carcaces, Barroz, Carillo, Ruiz, Ortiz ... I think just Gonzales don't receive and is sub by libero. Sometimes they even use a 4 player reception, if the serve is difficult.

• Yes, they did.

But in Beijing, they subbed their MBs with Mesa since Barros was coming from the bench.