Russia - Superliga 2009/2010

• Could we see the matches on internet ?

(dinamo vs zarechie on tuesday)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Rookie Dinamo KRASNODAR finished third in Russian league and qualifies for next European Cups season

Krasnodar/Moscow, Russia, May 10, 2010. Rookie Dinamo KRASNODAR clipped bronze in the Russian Super league and Azeri star Natalya Mammadova stood out as the best scorer of Playoffs series. Being a debutant of the Russian Super league, Dinamo finished third defeating legendary Uralochka EKATERINBURG 3-1 in the series “best of five”.

Before playing Uralochka, Dinamo KRANOSDAR had outclassed Omichka OMSK, which had ended the regular season in third position, finishing 2-1 the series played with the formula “best of three”. After having lost their main setter for injury, Dinamo was outclassed in the first match with Omichka 0:3. In the second the girls of Dinamo defeated Omichka 3-2 and the best scorer of that match was Azeri leader and captain Natalya Mammadova with 36 points. In the last match played at Omichka`s home, Dinamo once again showed a brilliant performance with 34 points scored by Mammadova and a solid paly of Anna Makarova. Dinamo blocked the opponent team 32 times in that match. So KRASNODAR qualified for the semi-final round where they lost to Zarechie ODINTSOVO and then started the marathon for bronze against Uralochka EKATERINBURG. In the first match Uralochka defeated Dinamo Krasnodar 3:0. But Dinamo defeated Uralochka in the next three matches in a row, every time with the same result (3:0) and finally claimed the bronze medal of the Russian Super league.
    Azerbaijani star Natalya Mammadova once again was the best scorer of the Russian league. Having already topped the charts in the regular season, Natalya Mammadova booked 203 points in 10 matches of the Playoffs round. Winning bronze in the national league, Dinamo KRASNODAR historically qualified for the next European Cups season and will most probably compete in the CEV Cup.

source: CEV

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Thanks for the link, kuraf! I haven't followed the russian league this year, but it was really cool to watch the last game!
    I'm thrilled for Zarechie's win, what a comeback they have put on! Impressive!

Also, Walewska rocks, she was really the glue of the team, 'cause, guys, I gotta tell you... I don't know what that team would do without her, with those terrible libero and setter. I'm glad Kosheleva and Fateeva could step up their games in the end, also. Paula played with a lot of heart, as usual, but she's clearly struggling with the lack of physycal preparation. I'm stoked for her, too!

Overall, I'm not that impressed with the technical level of the game, but it was cool nonetheless!

• With ezhova it is enough i think,how much she can receive,she is also a person,but yes that`s tru that she is not high level libero. Neither Godina nor Goncharova receiving,diogonal player Makhno receiving and they wanna win Zarechie where used to rceive Pequeno,Kosheleva,Kryuchkova+ Walewksa and Fateeva! Of course they will do what they want. Of course with bad reception can not play neither setter nor middle blockers. And if they do that it is a big job for them.

• Congratulations Odintsovo.Kosheleva :box:

• Of course,because of one two errors you can not put your main setter to the bench in tie break. Actually we saw that how wrong he was. Being 3 balls ahead you could do nothing. Zarechie played much better and stable than Dinamo! And the coach is not enough for this team. Why he changes Makhno instead of Godina who made her team lose. Makhno +Yagodina receving=playin all the team!
    Congratulations to Zarechie,they were really amazing!!! Especially Walewska and Kosheleva! Walewska has to be MVP! receiving,attackin,blocking,motivating-doing everythin on the court! She was amazing!

• Of course,because of one two errors you can not put your main setter to the bench in tie break. Actually we saw that how wrong he was. Being 3 balls ahead you could do nothing. Zarechie played much better and stable than Dinamo! And the coach is not enough for this team. Why he changes Makhno instead of Godina who made her team lose. Makhno +Yagodina receving=playin all the team!
    Congratulations to Zarechie,they were really amazing!!! Especially Walewska and Kosheleva! Walewska has to be MVP! receiving,attackin,blocking,motivating-doing everythin on the court! She was amazing!

I agree with you about Walewska. She's terrific!

As for Oksana, I felt a little confused also. I think, in the beginning of the game, her strategy was not a good one, because she was setting a lot of balls to Gioli. Obviously, Gioli is a great player, but Zarechie's block didn't take too long too notice it and after that (mainly in the 2nd set), Gioli struggled a lot to score points. Midway from 3rd set, Oksana realized that and changed her strategy. She's obviously a much better setter than Zhadan, but probably Dinamo's coach tried to surprise Zarechie towards the end of the game with all those changes. Bold move, but, tactically, not a very smart one.

• I don't understamd why russian teams don't sign with foreign liberos?

Ezhova gave Odincovo the russian championship, congratulation! :wall: :down:

maybe because they can have only 2 foreign players in the team, I don't understand why they are signing MB, when in Russia is allot top MB, netter is to sign outside hitter and lost of title is proof.

I think that MVP is Mammadova, she is in this moment best player on her position in the world.