Turkey Superleague 2009-2010

• After thrilling five-setter and additional golden set Fenerbahce picks up Turkish national cup

Istanbul, April 14, 2010. After having lost the first game against VakifGunesTTelekom and a return match that lasted for 2.5 hours and finished at the golden set, the girls of FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL seized for the first time in the history of their club the Turkish national cup sponsored by Teledünya. That was also the very first golden set ever played in Turkey.

FenerbahceAcibadem finished second a couple of weeks ago in the final four of the 2009/2010 CEV Indesit Champions League in Cannes (France) failing to complete a tremendous comeback from two sets down in the final match against Italy’s Volley BERGAMO. With this home victory the team of Ekaterina Gamova and Natasa Osmokrovic re-assert its absolute dominance in the Turkish Volleyball arena and put the cherry on the cake of a so far fabulous season.
    Mr. Erol Unal Karabiyik, President of the Turkish Volleyball Federation, attended the final match in Istanbul and handed over the cup to captain Cigdem Can Rasna and her mates for the delight of many loud and excited fans of the Fenerbahce sports club.

Results
    FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL vs. VakifGunesTTelekom ISTANBUL 3:2 (25-18, 25-17, 14-25, 24-26, 15-12); golden set: 15-5

:cup: :cup: :cup:

source : cev.lu

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Turkish Federation "decorates" club for having opted to focus on local players

Ankara, Turkey, April 16, 2010. After having decided to devote most of its efforts for the development of local Volleyball players, the club of Beylikdüzü – which is competing in Turkey’s first league – was awarded by the National Federation a special prize of 85’000 €.

Mr. Erol Unal Karabiyik, President of the Turkish Volleyball Federation, explains: “Since this club registered only one foreign player for the 2009/2010 season and completed its campaign with no additional transfers, thus focusing on the development of local Volleyball players, our Board of Directors decided to reward this policy with a special prize standing at 85’000 €. This amount of money derives from the additional fees to be paid by the clubs that registered more than 2 foreign players for our domestic competitions, thus creating a fund that is likely to support the development of local Volleyball talents”.

source: cev.lu

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• The match was very good and I really enjoyed it..Nesli was amazing..37 points :white: :super:

I want to see Brazilian players who plays for National team in Turkish teams like Eczacıbaşı, VGSTT..Maybe Carvolho in Eczacı :D

• Galatasaray in, Besiktas out

Galatasaray outclasses swore opponent Besiktas 3-0 in Aroma Women’s 1st League play-off 1st round second game and rises up to semi final.

Black eagles set a pace to 4-7 by defending opposite attacks very well, however Galatasaray bounced back via staff blocks 7-7. Even guest team led the first break 7-8, yellow-reds impressed the rival to make mistakes and walked faster to 18-14. Home team saved the stability of game till the end, set over 25-20 for Galatasaray.

Like the first one, second set kept on in balance until first tech time out, nevertheless Galatasaray had shown the high capacity, scored 5 points in a row 13-8. After 15-10, home team setter Elif Agca had critical errors which caused the difference was decreased to one point 15-14. Guest team could only gain opposite error points, as a result, score became 18-14 as the first set. Besiktas had no more energy to catch the opponent again, Galatasaray sezied the set with the same score 25-20.

Besiktas was the one starting fast 4-6, Galatasaray was the one that comes back during the match 8-6. It may be the abstract of this match, but Besiktas increased the tempo in third set to force home team call a time out 11-13. Although Besiktas put everything on the floor until leading 12-15, nevertheless Galatasaray had much better players 16-15. Remaning part of the game was so interesting, none of the teams moved ahead, Galatasaray led the last moment 25-23 and rised up to semi final. Match over 3-0.

Hall: TVF 50.Yil

Referees: Serdar Nisancioglu, Gokhan Dag

Galatasaray: Elif, Deniz, Ozlem, Djerisilo, Valeska, Krsmanovic, Ayca(L), Dilara, Serpil, Bahanur

Besiktas: Majstorovic, Melis G, Popovic, Yagmur, Muge, Seda, Pinar (L), Nilay, Cansu, Duygu

Sets: 25-20, 25-20, 25-23

Duration: 70 min. (22-24-24)

• Why Rasna did not play this game against Ankaragucu?? Seda was the best (17 pts, 80% recption positive)..i really think that seda can be a good OH...and this team worked even without Rasna in reception

• Why Rasna did not play this game against Ankaragucu?? Seda was the best (17 pts, 80% recption positive)..i really think that seda can be a good OH...and this team worked even without Rasna in reception

Rasna is injured so she was left behind. I don't agree with you about Seda as any team with a halfway decent serve would hurt them. Ankaragucu did not push the serve at all, thus the reception stats.

• Seda is still young so i think she can improve a lot. Of course i don't think that she will be a OH like Jaque, Sassá, Piccinini, Del Core, but she can be a very good player..I hope that she continues playing as OH in club because if she play as Opp she will never be good in reception..For example, Nikolic plays as OH for years and she is worse than Seda in reception..rsrs..

• Seda is still young so i think she can improve a lot. Of course i don't think that she will be a OH like Jaque, Sassá, Piccinini, Del Core, but she can be a very good player..I hope that she continues playing as OH in club because if she play as Opp she will never be good in reception..For example, Nikolic plays as OH for years and she is worse than Seda in reception..rsrs..

I think Seda is really stronge player..She will be good :super:

Fenerbahce dont use Seda as receiver against teams serving above-average. She is mostly hidden from receiving or receives in a very small area when opponents' effective services target her directly. Sometimes she is replaced with Blom or second libero. So it's very hard for her to become a top-class receiver. She needs many years to become standart OH and also injuries are a big problem for her improving. She has troubles with serious injuries almost every year. And as far as I can see she has to deal with harsh criticism of fans due to receiving and attacking performance. if she wont improve enough she might leave Fenerbahce after her contract ended in 2011 because the current conditions will continue to make hard for her staying and improving in the club and she might go on as an OPP in her career in another team.

• Play-Off First Round Results

Galatasaray 3 Besiktas 0 (Series 2-0)
    Eczacibasi Zentiva 3 İller Bankası 0 (Series 2-0)
    Vakifbank 3 Eregli Belediyesi 0 (Series 2-0)
    Fenerbahce Acibadem 3 MKE Ankaragucu 0 (Series 2-0)

Play-Off Semi Final Games

Fenerbahce Acibadem - Galatasaray
    Vakifbank - Eczacibasi Zentiva

The teams to reach 3 wins will qualify.

• Fenerbahce wins 3-0

Fenerbahce Acibadem and Ankaragucu faced in the last match of Aroma Women’s 1st League play-off first round. Home team defeated the opponent 3-0 and moved to next round.

FENERBAHÇE ACIBADEM 3 - ANKARAGÜCÜ 0

Referees: Ali Bağde, Esat Danzili

Hall: Burhan Felek 50. Yıl

FENERBAHÇE ACIBADEM: Naz 7, Seda 7, Eda 6, Gamova 8, Osmokrovic 7, İpek 6, Nihan (L) 6, Blom 6, Songül 6, Merve 5

ANKARAGÜCÜ: Ezgi 6, Banu 5, Zennube 5, Mariana 5, Elena 6, Sinem 5, Funda (L) 6

Sets: 25-12, 25-19, 25-12

Duration: 61 min.

• Vakifbank doesn’t extend

Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta Turk Telekom outplays Eregli Belediyesi 3-0 in play-off first round second match and goes to semi final quickly.

VAKIFBANK GÜNEŞ SİGORTA TÜRK TELEKOM (3) - EREĞLİ BELEDİYESİ (0)

Hall: Burhan Felek 50.Yıl

Referees: Mutlu Seçal, Çetin Akbulut

Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta Türk Telekom: Özge xx, Güldeniz xxx, Maculewicz xxx, Neslihan xxx, Nikolic xx, Poljak xxx, (Gizem (L) xx, Bahar xx, Arzu xx, Gözde x, Stam x, Duygu x)

Ereğli Belediyesi: Gizem xx, Wilavan xx, Sevtun xx, Malika x, Selime xx, Tülin xx, (Mediha xx, Tuğçe xx, Elif x)

Sets: 25-13, 25-22, 25-13

Duration: 63 min. (19, 24, 20)

• Eczacıbası waits for the next opponent

Eczacibasi Zentiva and Iller Bankasi faced in Women’s 1st League play-off first round return match. Home team outclassed the rival 3-0 and moved to semi final.

ECZACIBAŞI ZENTİVA – İLLER BANKASI : 3-0

Hall: Eczacıbaşı

Referees: Sevda Güler, Hikmet Ay

Eczacıbaşı Zentiva : Natalia xx, Borodakova xxx, Mirka xxx, Esra xxx, Aysun xx, Maja xx, Gülden (L) x, Büşra xx, Neriman x, Gökçen x, Sevinç x, Asuman xx

İller Bankası : Ebru x, Sinem xx, Meryem xx, Aneta xx, Alessya xx, Tuğçe xx, Seval (L) xx, Ezgi xx, Derya xx,

Sets : 25-21, 25-17, 25-21

Duration: 68 min.(23, 21, 24)