Azerbaijan Superleague 2010/2011

• In Azerbaijan Superleague 2010/2011 will patricipate 6 teams. Two finalist teams from 1st league qualified to the Super league.

Rabita
    Azerrail
    Igtisadchi
    Lokomotiv
    Shirvan
    Nagliyyatchi

The Minister of Transsport and the President of Azerbaijani Volleyball Federation Ziya Mammadov told at the closing Ceremony of Azerbaijan Superleague 2009/10 Season that the last champion Rabita Baku will take part in the European Indesit Champions League, next season.
    At the closing ceremony which took part in one of the elite restaurants of Baku winners and medalists of last Superleague were awarded.
    Faig Garayev in his speech thanked everybody and told to the all foreigner players that he honestly wants them to stay in Azerbaijan.
    The president of Igtisadchi team,Shamsaddin Hajiyev told that they defeated one of the favourites Azerrail Baku and won the bronze medals,but he does not think that it is a big success."Except that we won bronze medals I have to say that we have very ambitious team which is gonna to show its real power not only in Azerbaijan but also in Europe. We told that it would be hard to play agaist us and we kept our promise. We have very strong team but in the next we have a stronger team,believe me. i have to say that our girl are the most beautiful in the Azeri superleague-he added smiling"

Best players:
    MVP: Bojana Doganjic (Rabita Baku)
    Best Spiker: Sanja Starovic (Rabita Baku)
    Best Scorer: Polina Rahimova (Azerrail Baku)
    Best Blocker: Kseniya Kovalenko (Lokomotiv Baku)
    Best receiver: Wanna Buakaew (Igtisadchi Baku)
    Best digger: Rossangela Correia do Nascimento (Rabita Baku)
    Best setter: Evelina Tsvetanova (Rabita Baku)
    Best libero: Silvija Popovic (Rabita Baku)

• Mira Golubovic and Olga Tocko stay in Rabita Baku
    Wednesday, 05 May 2010 14:46

After short negotiations and good parts in play off of Azerbaijan, middle blocker Mira Golubovic and opposite Olga Tocko, members of SB Community, signed new contracts with Rabita Baku for the season 2010/11. Golubovic and Tocko played for Rabita Baku in the final series of Championship and won Championship title. Before Rabita Baku Golubovic and Tocko were in Romanian Metal Galati and won Championship title for 2009/10.

• Shabovta, do you know where I ca find infos about your league? I'd like to know which teams won this competition last years, which teams won national cups and Supercup if you have these competitions (I don't know if you play national cup and Supercup). On Wikipedia I found nothing about...
    Thank you!

• Just wait a bit. I will help you with everything. Our new site is coming soon.

http://www.azerivolley.com
    There will be everything. The site will be in English and Russian. Yes we are playing National Cup but not Supercup,but I think from the next year will be also Supercup. This year Azerrail Baku defeated Rabita Baku 3-1 and won the National Cup!
    In the future i will upload both videos and photos! So,keep in touch!
    And thanks for that you are interested in our league!

• Just wait a bit. I will help you with everything. Our new site is coming soon.

http://www.azerivolley.com
    There will be everything. The site will be in English and Russian. Yes we are playing National Cup but not Supercup,but I think from the next year will be also Supercup. This year Azerrail Baku defeated Rabita Baku 3-1 and won the National Cup!
    In the future i will upload both videos and photos! So,keep in touch!
    And thanks for that you are interested in our league!

Thank you! :flower: :flower: :flower:

• Hi Shabovta!
    I see Azeri league was very interesting this year but I must ask you this: aren't you concerned about so many foreign players? Some teams were made up by 90% of non-Azeri ones. I'd like to know about the background of volleyball over there.
    Is there any politics on volleyball's development in basis levels and will there be any restriction on the number of foreigners for the next leagues? How have junior and young NT teams been?

• Dear Elcioj, i am really very glad that you all are interested in Azeri league! The politics about volleyball in Azerbaijan is quite different than in any other countries. I can say that we love volleyball more than all other sports,cause we can call volley Sport number one in Azerbaijan.
    Azerbaijan used to have olympic champions like Inna Riscal,Vera Lantratova which were the leaders of USSR team. They are all Azeri born Russian,Ukrainian and other USSR countires players. You know the reason is natural Azeri girls are not so tall,that`s why we can not say that we have many natural Azeri girls in volleyball. But we have very many young players,which we hope grow up high level players.
    And if we don`t have enough potential with our natural Azeri girls,it does not mean that we have to refuse volleyball that we love so much!
    Many times I watched volleyball matches with our president of country Ilham Aliyev who is also the Minister of Olympic Sports Commitee. So,we have to find girls with perspective in their early age and to make high level players. Polina Rahimova-is a rising star of Azeri volleyball. most of the people call her the second Mammadova. Polina is an Uzbekistan born Ukrainian girl. She moved to Azerbaijan at 14,she was just tall girl and nothing more. Faig Garayev worked very hard and now in her 19 age she is in the National team of Azerbaijan and on the list of many high ambitious teams. The same with Kseniya Kovalenko which was the Best blocker of Champions league at her 19 age. Kseniya was 15 when she moved from Belarus to Azerbaijan,she was going in for basketball,and only six months before coming Baku she began to play volleyball. Faig Garayev took her because she was just tall. Now Kseniya Kovalenko one of the leaders of Azeri NT in her 23 years. Many clubs from Italy want her.
    We lost many of our players when we had crisis in our country in 1990`s. Victoria Ravva moved to France,some players went to trukey,Russia an d other countries.
    Sorry that I wrote you so much just for one question,but I wanted you to know as much as you want. Our teams aim to show their level in Europe and to improve the level of Azeri Superleagu which is improving day after day. Girls will improve watching them,our youth NT plays under the name Nagliyyatchi club in Azeri superleague and i think it is a big experience for them to playe agaist such strong team slike Rabita,Azerrail....
    So I think limit could stop the improvement for now. Three or two local players in level from any club to Nt is quite enough for NT than tens of weak players. In Nt plays max 20 players and for a long period we know who they are. And time by time we will find new players and they will INSHALLAH join to the NT.
    I hope that I could explain it to you! One more time,thanks for your interest.

• Thank you very much for the information, Shabovta! I just hope Azeri volleyball grows day after day. We need to watch more Mammadovas and Parkhomenkos play. Volleyball would not be a so lovely sport without them. May others ones are born!!!!

• [/quote]Thank you very much for the information, Shabovta! I just hope Azeri volleyball grows day after day. We need to watch more Mammadovas and Parkhomenkos play. Volleyball would not be a so lovely sport without them. May others ones are born!!!![/quote]

Thank you for such nice words!

• You know the reason is natural Azeri girls are not so tall,that`s why we can not say that we have many natural Azeri girls in volleyball. But we have very many young players,which we hope grow up high level players.

I don't think it is the main reason( traditionally Chinese are not tall, but girls are best in volleyball). Main reason is politics. During 1989-1994 Azerbaijan had very difficult time ( collapsing USSR, rebels, war etc..) nobody could think about volleyball or other sports. Also FIVB banned Azerbaijan VF in that time, so many playes went abroad.
    I watched our young players, I think and hope they will do better :)

• i think thats azeri league is very strong, hope that some croatian players will play there in the future :)

• I am so happy to this transfers!
    To my Croatian friends-look the first Croatian player in Azerbaijan. A few days ago we were talking about it as a wish,but now it is a reality!
    irina Zhukova is one of the best setters,I like her too much! Amazing and great setter. Diana Nenova is from Universitet Belgorod who is also very good setter. World Champion Natalya Kulikova-outside hitter with super reception and strong attacks!
    After winning of Championship title of Azerbaijan Rabita Baku decide to engage more members of SB Community. The new players of Rabita Baku are setters Irina Zhukova and Diana Nenova, middle blocker Mirela Delic and outside hitter Natalia Kulikova. Just few days ago the former members of Metal Galati, middle blocker Mira Golubovic and opposite Olga Tocko, signed new contracts with Rabita Baku for the season 2010/11

• I liked Evelina Tsevatonova, hope she would stay in Rabita .

• I was just in love with Evelina Tsvetanova,but unfortunately she did not choose Rabita.I understand her,because Rabita offered her to be second setter,but her level did not let her to be agree. But i believe that one of our teams will transfer Evelina!

• Good news for Azerbaijan volleyball! Hope we'll read achievments of NT and club teams from this site!

I talked with one of the Azerrail player. She said that coach would be change :win:
    As I understood players had problems with the coach!
    I think Igtisadchi did wrong decision. If they play for championship Resat Yaziciogullari and Filiz Ozgur are not enough!
    Filis even is not middle level player :thumbdown: