Azerbaijan Superleague 2010/2011

• Jan effect?? does anybody have details about theese games, statistic?

• I'm not Ilgar but I watched some parts of all three games.

Natalia Hanikoglu did not play for Azerrail. I don't know the reason. Tomkom played today and she did pretty well considering this is her first game with the team. Maksimenko played for her team. I saw Ashley Engle playing too. Wasn't she supposed to join Pesaro?

Rabita-Igtisadchi was an exciting game. Blom and Sano were playing well in the set I watched.

Lokomotiv is doing good lately. Smak is a very good setter. She plays a lot with middle blockers and they play effectively. Richards is another score option for the team and she's doing good.

• Igtisadchi of Jan De Brandt demolishes Rabita , Azerrail takes leadership, Loko takes revenge!!!

Yesterday the second round of the Azerbaijani Super league started with the match Azerrail - VC Baki.
    Azerrail started match without its captain Natalia Hanikoglu who injuried her shoulder in one of previous matches. Jana Matiasovksa replaced her for this match. American setter Ashley Engle came back to Baku and played this match. Before we informed you she signed with Pesaro from Italy but came back to Azerbaijan.
    Polina Rahimova and Sarai Alvarez started match with mutual strong attacks. Baki was very close to end the first set for its favour,but substitution Peretiatko-Nootsara helped Azerrail. With very accurate sets to Polina Rahimova by Nootsara, Azerrail closed the first set 25-21 from 19-21.
    Azerrail played cosily and won the following sets 25-17: 25-15.
    The best player of the match were: Tomkom Nootsara (Azerrail) and Michalea Manzoni (Baki).

Azerrail - VC BAKI 3:0 (25:21, 25:17, 25:15)

Azerrail: Peretiatko (Nootsara), Rahimova, Matiasovska,Pereira, Joines-Tamas,Petkova, Korotenko (l)

VC BAKI: Mojica (Engle), Acea Cabrera,Maksimenko,Alvarez, Manzoni, Oquendo,Kisner (l)

The second match of the day was one of the most interesting matches of the season. Rabita faced Igtisadchi which was looking forward to take revenge for the defeat in the first round. We have to say, Jan De Brandt did great job with the World Stars` team Igtisadchi Baku. He made qualitative changes in the game of the team. The agent Tunc Afshar brought the best players of their positions,but till now there was a Star Chaos in the team. But yesterday`s match showed once again-Jan De Brandt is a coach of GREAT teams.
    Igtisadchi Baku started with very effective game on the back side,neutralizing attacks of strong spiker of Rabita. Yuko Sano played super matchs from the beginning till the end of the match. All of the players did the best to achieve the wished result. The first technical time out was 8-4 for Igtisadchi.Rabita played mostly from Natalya Mammadova and could equal and then dominate the score, 23-21. But Igtisadchi did not want to give up and with Tayyiba Haneef and Alice Blom perfect game in the front and Japanese miracle Sano and Finnish captain Lehtonen`s game in the back line outruned Rabita scoring 3 points in a row taking score from 23-21 to 24-23. Rabita equalled the score with Mammadova`s klling attack but Igtisadchi closed the set two times blocking attacks of Rabita. 26-24.
    The second set was the copy of the first one,all the players played very well,but Igtisadchi was better than Rabita only in reception as Rabita`s Kim Glass played her not the best match on the back line. Spanish middle-blocker Marisa Fernandez and her Croatian colleague also on "position" Ivana Milos, did great job both in attacks and blocks. Rabita`s coach Dejan Brdjovic replaced experienced setter Iryna Zhukova to young Nenova after losing 4 points average on score. But Igtisadchi was playing like mechanism and won this battle 25-23 and the third set 25-22.
    So,Igtisadchi took its revenge for the same type of defeat in the first round.
    The best players of the match were: Yuko Sano from the winners and Natalya Mammadova from the losers. But for me,the hero of the match was Jan De Brandt!!!

Rabita - Igtisadchi 0:3 (24:26, 23:25, 22:25)

Rabita:Zhukova(Nenova),Starovic,Mammadova,Glass,Golubovic,Krsmanovic,Popovic (l)
    Igtisadchi: Weiss, Haneef-Park, Lehtonen,Blom,Fernandez,Milos, Sano (l)

The third match of the day was played between Shirvan and Lokomotiv Baku. The main news of the day was Natavan Gasimova`s come back. More info: Soon

“Lokomotiv” - “Şirvan” - 3:0 (25:16, 25:14, 25:23)

Lokomotiv: Smak, Metcalf,Richards,Kamenova,Kovalenko-Poznyak,Klimovich, Filipova (l)

VC SHIRVAN: Gasimova, Zamanova,Aliyeva,Habibova,Price,Karimova,Gajewska (l)

Azerrail Baku 11 (5-1) (16 - 5)
    Rabita Baku 10 (4-2) (14 - 7)
    Igtisadchi Baku 10 (4-2) (14 - 8 )
    Lokomotiv Baku 9 (3-3) (11 - 12)
    VC Baku 7 (1-5) (5 - 15)
    VC Shirvan Guba 7 (1-5) (4 - 17)

• Who was chosen as best player of last couple?

I am so happy for Igtisadchi:)

• So Alice Blom is playing well? How's her reception?

• Is there any women volleyball player who is cute like Sano? :love:

• Thanks ^^

• Good to hear she is back. Really? I think Pesaro would do well to have her...

I wish her all the best.

Thanks sweety,but she prefered to stay here,because she has just recovered,and hopes to get the best form of herself.
    She knows about you and is very thankful to you! :rose:

• We lost two players because of Omelchenko. Out Omelchenko!!! I just loved Sanja Tomasevic and Ashley Engle.
    The other girls say that it is just impossible to work with him. He says very bad words to the girls.

How did they get injured? I mean during training or during a game?

• Thanks sweety,but she prefered to stay here,because she has just recovered,and hopes to get the best form of herself.
    She knows about you and is very thankful to you! :rose:

She knwos about me? really? hehehehe Well, it is nice to knwo she could recieve me care. :) Thanks dear. I understand her decision, and I think she did right, but PEsaro is definelty loosing without her..hehehehehe...witch is not bad since I'm Foppa fan.. :lol: :P kidding

• She knwos about me? really? hehehehe Well, it is nice to knwo she could recieve me care. :) Thanks dear. I understand her decision, and I think she did right, but PEsaro is definelty loosing without her..hehehehehe...witch is not bad since I'm Foppa fan.. :lol: :P kidding

Hehehe ;))))))