Brazilian League 2010/2011

• 12 teams (one less then last season) will participate Brazilian Superleague this season:

Banana Boat/Praia Clube (MG)
    BMG/São Bernardo (SP)
    BMG/Mackenzie (MG)
    Brusque (SC)
    Macaé Sports (RJ)
    Pauta/São José (SC)
    Pinheiros/Mackenzie (SP)
    São Caetano (SP)
    Sollys/Osasco (SP)
    Unilever (RJ)
    Usiminas/Minas (MG)
    Vôlei Futuro (SP)

Sport wont play this season anymore, they lost their sponsor (BMG moved to São Bernardo), so we wont have teams from the Northeast region.

• I dotn know all yet, I'll give you the main teams, maybe someone from here can give you this better, I'll put what I know so far..hehe:

Solly Osasco:

Setters - Carol Albuquerque, Ana Tiemi
    Opp - Natália, Elisângela
    OH - Jaqueline, Sassá, Thaís
    MB - Thaisa, Adenísia, Ednéia
    Líbero - Camila Brait

Unilever:

Setters - Dani Lins, Roberta
    Opp - Sheilla, Ju Nogueira
    OH - Mari, Regiane, Valeskinha, Suelle, Amanda
    MB - Carol Gattaz, Jucielly, Mara Leão, Dani Suco
    Líbero - Fabi, Ju Perdigão

Vôlei Futuro:

Setters - Alisha Glass (USA), Ana cristina
    Opp - Joycinha, Neneca
    OH - Paula Pequeno, Tandara, Elis
    MB - Fabiana, Fernanda Gritz, Juliana Saracuza
    Líbero Stacy Sykora (USA), Stephany

Pinheiros/Mackenzie:

Setters - Fabíola, Karine
    Opp - Lia
    OH - Soninha, Ju Costa, Verônica, Ivna
    MB - Nati Martins, Bárbara, Marina Daloca
    Líbero - Suellen

• Thank you for these information, and can you say something about the competition format? It was changed last season and will it remain like that, and what about the finals, still only one game?

Sorry, we still dont know too. I heard maybe they would chance for 5 matches the final agian, but I'm not sure, and nothing is confirmed...once again Brasilian confederation have lack of information and organization. :S

• add some more team lists, although these teams are not competitive at all in Superliga 2011

anyway, there are quite a great many good players among the rosters like Macae, Sao caetano, Usiminas.....

Macae

S - Camila Adao
    O - Monique
    W - Mari Paraiba, Flavia Assis
    C - Fe Isis, Roberta Perreira
    L - Marcele (my favourite libero)

Sao Caetano (probably they just lost their sponsor Blausiegel)

S - Letica
    O - Cica
    W - Dayse, Fernanda Davis
    C - Leticia, Giovanna
    L - Vere (my 2nd favourite libero)

Usiminas Minas - with talented youth players

S - Claudinha, Camila Torquette
    O - Stephanie, Ingrid
    W - Silvana, Michelle, Reanta Manggioni
    C - Natasha, Francyne
    L - Tassia

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Sao cAetano did lost their Sponsor, that is why fofão, Sheilla and Mari left.

Do you like libero Marcelinha? hehehe, that is funny, how did you know her? ^^

• (my favourite libero)

i just recognise her name from spelling.

im not sure whether this lady who used to play in sport/BMG last season is the same cute pretty girl in Finasa/Osasco 2007/08.

i noticed both marcelinha and vere for quite a while during 05-08 og circle, while it is a shame that they never come into notice to ze roberto. lol :white:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• i just recognise her name from spelling.

im not sure whether this lady who used to play in sport/BMG last season is the same cute pretty girl in Finasa/Osasco 2007/08.

i noticed both marcelinha and vere for quite a while during 05-08 og circle, while it is a shame that they never come into notice to ze roberto. lol :white:

Indeed it is her. Before Finasa she used to play here in Rio. She is a good libero, each season she improves more. But I dont think would have much space in Nt. We already have to very good liberos too. It is hard. But maybe one day MArcelinha be called for train there at least. :)

• Elchicha in Your League are Players from Africa? In first or second level?

I think there aren't. You can watch Rosters here: Spain - Superliga Femenina de Voleibol 2010/2011
    Sorry for the off-topic.

It seems Brasilian league will be good with some good transfers: Yusleinis Herrera, Nicole Fawcet... and also very good brasilians. For me, Osasco, Unilever and Futuro are the clear favourites, even the rest of teams have good players also.

• I think there aren't. You can watch Rosters here: Spain - Superliga Femenina de Voleibol 2010/2011
    Sorry for the off-topic.

It seems Brasilian league will be good with some good transfers: Yusleinis Herrera, Nicole Fawcet... and also very good brasilians. For me, Osasco, Unilever and Futuro are the clear favourites, even the rest of teams have good players also.

I agree...but Unilever will have a big problem without MAri most of the season, she wants to come back in february, but it is hard to know in what conditions she will be. Nayway, still in time for Unilever try to go further in competition. but I'm afradi (cause I support Unilever hehe) that thing will be hard this season. We lost our main player that was Fabiana, MB, and our game pretty much was based in the balls with middles, well these season that will have to change. Of course having SHeilla and Mari helps a lot that, but without Mari most season it will be hard, cause OHs will be weeker, nad the reception will make things really ahrd for Dani Lins. (but I hope I'm all wrong and the team just kill this season again! hehehe ;) )

• The LEague will be final of one match again! :wall: :hit: :call: It is incredible how CBV keeps making same mistakes over and over ?( :down:

Anyway. The finals (men and women) will be this season in Mineirinho gym, in Belo Horizonte.

Women season final - 17 april.

• The LEague will be final of one match again! :wall: :hit: :call: It is incredible how CBV keeps making same mistakes over and over ?( :down:

Anyway. The finals (men and women) will be this season in Mineirinho gym, in Belo Horizonte.

Women season final - 17 april.

:down: :down: :down:

• I agree...but Unilever will have a big problem without MAri most of the season, she wants to come back in february, but it is hard to know in what conditions she will be. Nayway, still in time for Unilever try to go further in competition. but I'm afradi (cause I support Unilever hehe) that thing will be hard this season. We lost our main player that was Fabiana, MB, and our game pretty much was based in the balls with middles, well these season that will have to change. Of course having SHeilla and Mari helps a lot that, but without Mari most season it will be hard, cause OHs will be weeker, nad the reception will make things really ahrd for Dani Lins. (but I hope I'm all wrong and the team just kill this season again! hehehe ;) )

Hi. I agree with you that things will be tough. But, on the other hand, I think this year the staff tried to solve a big problem we had in the last couple of years (probably ever since Sassá left the team): our reception. For that, Valeskinha will be very helpful. I think before Mari got injured and Gattaz renewed her contract, she would play as middle, but she could also receive, maybe covering for Regiane. Now, most probably she will play as OH. So we have a receiving line-up with Valeskinha, Regiane and Fabi, and I think that's quite nice. I also think Regiane is improving in reception. So now I think our main issue will be making our OH's produce in attack. I have a feeling this season we'll still play a lot with middles, despite not having Fabiana anymore. But yeah, the tactical structure of the team will change tremendously cause of that.

Vôlei Futuro, by the other hand, as a very good team they put together, will probably struggle a lot in reception. I mean A LOT. Paula is not a great receiver; Sykora, I don't think she's doing so good right now, at least, not from what I've seen her on the GP; and Tandara never played receiving in her whole career. And they really need to have good reception, in order to be able to explore that amazing weapon that is Fabiana's attack. So, very tough for them also.

Of course, that's just a very early prediction, but I don't know... We might have the same 2 teams in the final for the... 7th year in a row! Imagine how shocking that would be...