2010/11 China Volleyball League A (Bridgestone Champion)

• TV live @ http://sports.cntv.cn/

2010.12.21 Wednesday
    Beijing time 19.30 pm ( GMT 11.30 am )

Round 2
    Evergrande Guangdong V.S. Shandong Laishang Bank

( the both are promoted from League B last season )

a plug-in software is asked to install before watching the programmes of CCTV Sports

small windows at the bottom are the switches to transfer to different sport program, probably the second window for CVA Volleyball League.

it is always smooth in China, not sure if other places will be the same, just try it!

if you are fans of Tom, have fun!

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Edited 3 times, last by pappi ().

• Pappi

Can you give information about Jie Yang?I heared that she is very talented only 16y :D but isn't she tall for an OH? :lol:Soon she will be 196+.Does she recieve well?She was in NT roster but she didnt play :thumbdown:

PS:China is my favorite NT with Turkey :super:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Pappi

Can you give information about Jie Yang?I heared that she is very talented only 16y :D but isn't she tall for an OH? :lol:Soon she will be 196+.Does she recieve well?She was in NT roster but she didnt play :thumbdown:

PS:China is my favorite NT with Turkey :super:

firstly i would like to say congratulations to Fenerbahce to win the world club champ title, congratulations to some of my idols like fofao, lyuba and eda (my favourate turkish player)

If you look through the whole rosters of the china clubs, its not difficult to find talented player with great physical advantages (height, jump capacity...), but most of them are lack of good digging, receiving and passing the ball through the game. Yang Jie is one of them although she recieves in her team for the position of OH.

In China NT, Yang Jie is a reserved OPP player, this is an interesting change in CHina NT, it seems we are going to transfer our passing system gradually and Yang Jie and Wang Yimei are pleasant try for China.

in World Chmapionships, Hui Ruoqi was out with injuries, so Yang Jie was arranged in OH position to strenghten the hitting power (Li Juan and Chen Liyi are not satisfying at attacking.)

to be me...

• Pappi, watching the Chinese League matches, I like the play of the OH2, Number 9. Zhou Yuan. She is a small outside hitter, sometimes has passing issues when she is in position 4, but has a pretty good armswing and has a good range of shots too, IMO.

Evergrande has used Tom-Zhou as their OH combo every match this season. Do you know what the club's plans are for Apinyapong Wilavan?

Edit: I got my answer: In their latest match, Apinyapong came in as a substitute for Brakocevic in sets two and three.

• Pappi, watching the Chinese League matches, I like the play of the OH2, Number 9. Zhou Yuan. She is a small outside hitter, sometimes has passing issues when she is in position 4, but has a pretty good armswing and has a good range of shots too, IMO.

Evergrande has used Tom-Zhou as their OH combo every match this season. Do you know what the club's plans are for Apinyapong Wilavan?

Edit: I got my answer: In their latest match, Apinyapong came in as a substitute for Brakocevic in sets two and three.

exactly, Brakocevic didnt play in her best form at the beginning of the match against Liaoning Automobilel, so Jenny sent Wilavan to substitute her for passing.

I believe Zhou Yuan is a smart and swift player who is always of high efficiency at play, but her 180- height is limited her promotion to NT. As what you said, her receive is also too normal. Tom takes more responsibilities in Guangdong Evergrande than in US NT. :heart:

to be me...

• quite a long time away from Internet for personal business reasons...

China A League needs of some updates now...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2 (2010.12.21)

Shanghai Dunlop vs Tianjin Bridgestone 2:3 (25:14, 23:25, 23:25, 25:19, 9:15)
    Henan Hi-tech vs Zhejiang Kaiyuan 1:3 (17:25, 25:16, 19:25, 21:25)
    Army August 1st vs Liaoning Automobiles 3:0 (25:23, 25:18, 25:16)
    Guangdong Evergrande vs Shandong Laishang Bank 3:1 (25:19, 14:25, 25:19, 25:19)
    Jiangsu Nonferrous Industry vs Sichuan University 3:1 (19:25, 25:23, 28:26, 28:26)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 3 (2010.12.26)

Jiangsu Nonferrous Industry vs Guangdong Evergrande 1:3 (16:25, 19:25, 25:18, 20:25)
    Shanghai Dunlop vs Shandong Laishang Bank 3:0 (25:12, 25:15, 25:16)
    Liaoning Automobile vs Henan Hi-tech 3:1 (28:26, 25:11, 17:25, 25:15)
    Tianjin Bridgestone vs Army August 1st 3:1 (22:25, 25:19, 25:22, 25:19)
    Zhejiang Kaiyuan vs Sichuan University 3:0 (25:20, 25:17, 31:29)

Round 4 (2011.01.01)

Shanghai Dunlop vs Army August 1st 3:1 (22:25, 25:14, 25:13, 25:15)
    Shandong Laishang Bank vs Henan Hi-tech 3:0 (25:19, 25:20, 25:15)
    Sichuan Univeristy vs Liaoning Automobile 3:1 (19:25, 25:18, 25:23, 25:20)
    Guangdong Evergrande vs Zhejiang Kaiyuan 3:0 (25:15, 25:23, 25:20)
    Tianjin Bridgestone vs Jiangsu Nonferrous Industry 3:1 (25:18, 25:15, 24:26, 25:19)

Round 5 (2011.01.04)

Jiangsu Nonferrous Industry vs Shanghai Dunlop 3:0 (25:22, 25:22, 28:26)
    Tianjin Bridgestone vs Zhejiang Kaiyuan 3:0 (25:15, 25:22, 25:17)
    Sichuan University vs Henan Hi-Tech 3:0 (25:20, 25:20, 25:23)
    Guangdong Evergrande vs Liaoning Automobile 3:0 (25:16, 25:22, 25:17)
    Shandong Laishang Bank vs Army August 1st 0:3 (21:25, 15:25, 16:25)

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 5

1. GUANGDONG Evergrande
    2. TIANJIN Bridgestone
    3. ARMY August 1st
    4. JIANGSU Nonferrous Industry

----------champion zone------------

5. ZHEJIANG Kaiyuan
    6. SHANGHAI Dunlop
    7. SICHUAN University
    8. LIAONING Huachen Automobile

----------drropping zone-----------

9. SHANDONG Laishang Bank
    10. HENAN Zhengzhou Hi-tech

to be me...

• News from CHINA NT injuries - Wang Yimei and Hui Ruoqi

January 7, the Chinese NT OH player Wang Yimei and Hui Rouqi returned to Beijing, the Capital of China, from Shenyang and Nanjing respectively.

Wang Yimei (from Liaoning Automobile Club) is sufferring a serious foot injury even could not walk after 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games, so She is absent from Chinese women's volleyball league this season.The expert consultation concluded that Wang Yimei needs a period of time to recuperate. Wang Yimei said, she still insisted on physical training when she came back to Liaoning Province, and her injuries treatment have some improvement.

accompanied with Wang, Hui Ruoqi (from Jiangsu Nonferrous Industry) also got in Beijing from Nanjing on the same day. According to what the Jiangsu team coach said, Hui Ruoqi has a planned and systermatic training in Jiangsu Club. At the moment she could get involved with Ball Touching training while her left arm sometimes got a "stuck" phenomenon. Experts believe that this is her normal recovery process and her good recovery and progress are fairly quick. However, Hui Ruoqi is eager to take part in China Volleball League immidiately. The doctor advised her follow her rehabilitation physician at the request of proper training to carry out step by step, do not be too hasty.

Li Quanqiang, Deputy director of volleyball Management of the State Sports General Administration, visited the two wounded in the hospital and asked them to listen to the doctors for active rehabilitation. Hu Jin, NT Team manager, and the NT doctor will supervise the two players until the new season starts.

to be me...

• schedule and standings of Womens League A + League B (updating)
    http://others.sports.sina.com.…team.php?flag=0&paras=1,4

Round 6 (2010.01.09, Sunday)

Home vs Away

Army Aug. 1st vs Jiangsu Nonferrous Ind.
    Liaoning Mobile vs Tianjin Bridgestone
    Sichuan Univ. vs Shandong Laishang Bank
    Shanghai Dunlop vs Zhejiang Kaiyuan
    Guangdong Evergrande vs Henan Hi-tech. (live @ sports.cntv.cn)

Live stream @ http://sports.cntv.cn/
    enjoy the live for just clicking the 8th button of the channel list, GMT 7.30 am on Sunday

If you are interested in Mens League A live on Saturday, please connect the same channel
    Round 5: Shanghai Tangchao vs Henan Tianguan (GMT 7.35 am on Saturday)

to be me...

• exactly, Brakocevic didnt play in her best form at the beginning of the match against Liaoning Automobilel, so Jenny sent Wilavan to substitute her for passing.

I believe Zhou Yuan is a smart and swift player who is always of high efficiency at play, but her 180- height is limited her promotion to NT. As what you said, her receive is also too normal. Tom takes more responsibilities in Guangdong Evergrande than in US NT. :heart:

Brakocevic-Tom-Zhou form a pretty formidable trio on offense. I like Evergrande's rotation with Tom serving and Zhou Yuan on the left side in transition.

Watching their matches, Zhou Yuan does at times have problems in serve reception. Because of Feng Kun's knee issues, Feng needs the passes to be near her. It puts a real premium on Tom's passing even more than her hitting.

Which areas do you think Tom is more involved in for Evergrande compared to US NT? I think she is filling the role of Zhou Suhong from last year plus more offense.

• I have to confess that I cringe every time I hear a Chinese player is injured. Especially athletes as young as Wang Yimei and Hui Ruoqi!

Usually you would think that these two players would have 6-8 years of good volleyball, but I have a bad feeling that these injuries will just be the first of many...

• to marshmellow

I think Tom plays a great role in Evergrande. Jenny adjusted the rotation and reception system a lot to make Tom to be the core of the whole team, nowadays, we could see from the match that Tom get involved well with her new teammates.

As we all know, Tom has lost her good performance since the middle period of World Champs., and we can see that she is still trying to find her best shape back at moment. Her attack is weaker on one hand because of her physical condition, on the other hand, she contributes more energy on passing and linking the balls in play like a lubricant for a high speed running machine. It is like her role in US NT.

In World Stage, Tom is regarded as a excellent ball passer who keep the team in a good pace of play. In China, her swift outside attacks are still aggresive to the opponents. Therefore, Tom should be everywhere on court if other players could not give her enough supports. It is good to see Evergrande is still in the good way out...

Looking forward to their straight 6 wins tomorrow...

to be me...

• I have to confess that I cringe every time I hear a Chinese player is injured. Especially athletes as young as Wang Yimei and Hui Ruoqi!

Usually you would think that these two players would have 6-8 years of good volleyball, but I have a bad feeling that these injuries will just be the first of many...

what a shame to talk about this issue....we dont even know what happened to our young talented players, they always look fragile..

maybe the training conception is completely wrong and the player lacks of little self-protection sense...many many reasons, its too difficult to figure out who should be reponsible to this weird issue. I think it is not the excuse for heavy training sessions that Chinese player has no strong physical condition as european and american players. (China lost to all the european teams in World Championships)

Japan is a really good example for China. Volleyball is a fairly precise sports and more details should be studied on, hard working is a must but not the only method to solve all the problem.... :what:

to be me...

• I wish I could get a first-hand account of what a day in the Chinese NT gym looks like. From an outsider's perspective, my first two ideas for the team would be:

1) Implementation of a more scientific approach to training
    2) Hiring of dedicated physical trainers for the players

Heading into the Grand Prix, there were stories of long hours in the Chinese gym (as much as 7 hours of training per day). Even if I were a top level athlete in peak physical condition, my body would break down too!

Chinese athletes usually play their best until their mid-20s then decline in performance as they near their 30s. European and American counterparts have more longevity. I would love to talk to someone who's been in the Chinese NT gym and obtain more information about China's High Intensity Training style.

• Ok, I understand what you mean. Based on watching their matches, I would agree that Tom plays a pivotal role for Evergrande, and it's a lot like the role she plays for the US team. To put it simply, Tom makes the team "GO".

What that means though is that the team's performance goes up and down also depending on Tom's play. Just watching their latest match a couple of hours ago, 2nd set Evergrande got off to a slow start. Tom made a couple of bad passess, hit out a couple of times and Evergrande found themselves down 6-11. Then like a switch, Evergrande started playing better. Tom gets 4 kills in a row then goes and serves from 16-14 to 22-14, including 2 aces and Evergrande cruises to a win.

World Championships is another example of the team mirroring Tom's play. A muscle injury in her right arm got worse through the tournament and by the end of World Championships, Tom couldn't even throw a souvenir ball into the crowd without wincing in pain. USA finishes just out of the medal.

I agree that Tom is just starting to recover her hitting form. From what I have heard, Tom and Brakocevic are still adjusting to playing in a cold gym, especially hitting with a cold shoulder.

By the way, you got your wish -- another win for Evergrande for 6th straight. :)

• Me to! Count me in! :D

Some stories I've heard made me relieved that I'm not a Chinese team player. From Chinese media reports, spring training camp under Wang Baoquan was something like 7-9 hours in the gym and only half a day break per week. Defense training involved digging a great number of smashes and a ton of repetitions for different skills. Devil time sure was an apt name for their workouts.

When Wang resigned due to health reasons, I wondered for whose health it was -- His or his players'.

I wonder if (and how many) Chinese league pro teams employ the similar style of training... I'm sure Tianjin does (Wang's pro team). I would guess there are players in other teams that have similar experience...

• Some stories I've heard made me relieved that I'm not a Chinese team player. From Chinese media reports, spring training camp under Wang Baoquan was something like 7-9 hours in the gym and only half a day break per week. Defense training involved digging a great number of smashes and a ton of repetitions for different skills. Devil time sure was an apt name for their workouts.

When Wang resigned due to health reasons, I wondered for whose health it was -- His or his players'.

I wonder if (and how many) Chinese league pro teams employ the similar style of training... I'm sure Tianjin does (Wang's pro team). I would guess there are players in other teams that have similar experience...

I find this interesting though because when you watch the international competitions, the Chinese team to me seem slower? They have fairly good technique but compared to the USA, Italy etc they are incredibly slower, so I don't really know whether its because they are always tired form their training? Even the Russian team of the world championships this year seemed quicker around the court. Dont get me wrong, they are good athletes, but you'd think with that amount of training..... anyway, just my observations

• Round 6 (2011/01/09)

Army August 1st vs Jiangsu Nonferrous Indu. 3:0 (25:9, 25:19, 25:18 )
    Liaoning Automobile vs Tianjin Bridgestone 1:3 (18:25, 27:25, 16:25, 21:25)
    Sichuan University vs Shandong Laishang Bank 2:3 (25:19, 11:25, 22:25, 25:18, 11:15)
    Shanghai Dunlop vs Zhejiang Kaiyuan 3:1 (21:25, 25:22, 25:15, 25:18 )
    Guangdong Evergrande vs Henan Hi-tech. 3:0 (25:23, 25:19, 25:15)

Standings 2011/01/09

1. Guangdong Evergrande 6-0
    2. Tianjin Bridgestone 6-0
    3. Army Aug.1st 4-2
    4. Shanghai Dunlop 3-3

5. Jiangsu Nonferrous Ind. 3-3
    6. Zhejiang Kaiyuan 3-3
    7. Sichuan University 2-4
    8. Shandong Laishang Bank 2-4
    9. Liaoning Huachen Auto. 1-5
    10. Henan Zhengzhou Hi-tech. 0-6

to be me...

• I agree with you.

how Evergrande performs depends on how Tom Logan performs....We couldnt see such a good starting results of a promoting team if evergrande had no Tom.

About the cold weather and air conditioner in Guangzhou...yes, the team is suffering from a big long cold weather, its abnormal in China hisroty..

Guangzhou is the capital of Guangzhou Province located in subtropical zone, and the climate here should be warm in Winter, the annual average temperature is 22.3 degrees. But this winter, the temperature reaches the coldest record of -2 degrees in 1975. Three waves of cold air stroked Guangzhou City.

The air conditioning system in Evergrande home gym didnt work properly because it is seldom used in winter time. Moreover the air conditioner in Guangzhou are mainly supply cold air to make the gym cool enough in Summer (its too hot here in Summer). Evergrande recently has too many home games as scheduled, as is too bad for the players hitting with cold shoulders.

I wish the technicians could sort out all these problems as soon as they could, and our foreign aids dont get a cold.

to be me...

• Some stories I've heard made me relieved that I'm not a Chinese team player. From Chinese media reports, spring training camp under Wang Baoquan was something like 7-9 hours in the gym and only half a day break per week. Defense training involved digging a great number of smashes and a ton of repetitions for different skills. Devil time sure was an apt name for their workouts.

except for Evergrande led by Jenny, all teams construction mode is the same, but the training intensity and density may be slightly different

In Wang Baoquan's Era, Tianjin Bridgestone is set an example of overwhelming training sessions. Many players got injured in their professional experience and some of them are still suffering from sequelae of their old injuries. Wang Baoquan is so called Evil Coach of CHina. but China Volleyball association highly praised his contribution to China Volleyball after their 7-time wins over the league champion titles (Shanghai 5 times, Liaoning 1 time, Army 1 time).

Now, Wang has resigned from both NT coach position and Tianjin Coach position because of health problems. But in China, it is widely believed that he had lost the control of the China NT and the team players are in disharmony during World Grand Prix 2010

to be me...