2010/11 China Volleyball League A (Bridgestone Champion)

• I find this interesting though because when you watch the international competitions, the Chinese team to me seem slower? They have fairly good technique but compared to the USA, Italy etc they are incredibly slower, so I don't really know whether its because they are always tired form their training? Even the Russian team of the world championships this year seemed quicker around the court. Dont get me wrong, they are good athletes, but you'd think with that amount of training..... anyway, just my observations

you are right...

China NT has no good serve reception to maintain their high speed attack combinations as well as our nanny setter - Wei Qiuyue who is always wandering on courts with slow paces. China didnt play like a team, but personal courages. Ma Yuewen is the only one kept a high attack efficiency when the reception is okay for Wei to handle.

what the hell happened on FIVB statistics figures. Wei doesnt deserve the best setter of world champ. at all.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Hi Pappi, Thanks for ur helpful information about Chinese voleyball.
    I must admit that i havent been cognizant of the information here about Chinese voleyball so far.

I want to ask a question:i thought there were a lot of people in China being involved in voleyball.So why dont u have a lot of players like Hui Ruoqi or Suhong Zhou or Yimei Wang? why dont you have one more world-class opposite like Wang, even better than her?

• There should be more world class players in China, I believe....much much better than Zhou Suhong and Wang Yimei at least.

it always takes time...any way...

we are still waiting for a talented player to turn up....or a team of players like China NT (1981-1986, 1996-1998, 2001-2004)

to be me...

• Round 7 (2011/01/15)

Zhejiang Kaiyuan vs Army August 1st 3:1 (27:25, 25:23, 19:25, 25:21)
    Guangdong Evergrande vs Sichuan University 3:0 (25:18, 25:17, 25:18 )
    Jiangsu Nonferrous Ind. vs Shandong Laishang Bank 3:2 (28:26, 22:25, 25:16, 22:25, 15:6)
    Liaoning Auto vs Shanghai Dunlop 2:3 (20:25, 25:23, 25:27, 27:25, 13:15)
    Tianjin Bridgestone vs Henan Hi-Tech 3:0 (25:14, 25:18, 25:14)

Round 8 (2011/01/18 )

Zhejiang Kaiyuan vs Jiangsu Nonferrous Industry 3:0 (25:16, 25:21, 25:19)
    Tianjin Bridgestone vs Sichuan University 3:0 (25:23, 25:17, 25:16)
    Henan Hi-tech vs Shanghai Dunlop 0:3 (21:25, 23:25, 21:25)
    Liaoning Auto vs Army August 1st 2:3 (25:21, 13:25, 25:22, 21:25, 7:15)
    Shandong Laishang Bank vs Guangdong Evergrande 0:3 (21:25, 22:25, 15:25)

Standings after Round 8°

1. Guangdong Evergrande 8-0, 24 pts
    2. Tianjin Bridgestone 8-0, 23 pts
    3. Shanghai Dunlop 5-3, 15 pts
    4. Zhejiang Kaiyuan 5-3, 15 pts

5. Army Aug.1st 5-3, 14 pts
    6. Jiangsu Nonferrous Ind. 4-4
    7. Sichuan University 2-6, 7 pts
    8. Shandong Laishang Bank 2-6, 6 pts
    9. Liaoning Huachen Auto. 1-7, 5 pts
    10. Henan Zhengzhou Hi-tech. 0-8, 0 pts

to be me...

Edited once, last by pappi ().

• Round 9°(2011/01/23, Sunday)

Henan Hi-Tech. vs Army August 1st

Zhejiang Kaiyuan vs Shandong Laishang Bank

Liaoning Automobile vs Jiangsu Nonferrous Industry

Tianjin Bridgestone vs Guangdong Evergrande (GMT 11.35 am live @ sports.cntv.cn)

Shanghai Dunlop vs Sichuan University

to be me...

• What do u think Chinese NT would have done in Japan if Hui Ruoqi had been in the NT?

To some extent, Hui Ruoqi might keep the whole team in balance at both attacks and defenses...But she is still very young and play with up-n-downs soemtimes.

In fact, She is not in NT in Champs Japan 2010. This is a never happened history, nobody knows how it could be.

looking forward to a new China NT in 2011.... :drink:

to be me...

• [size=10]Round 9°(2011/01/23, Sunday)

Tianjin Bridgestone vs Guangdong Evergrande (GMT 11.35 am live @ sports.cntv.cn)

pappi, will you be watching this match?

Interesting matchup of two unbeaten teams.
    Defending Champion vs New promotee.
    Both teams with players who have NT experience or are currently on the NT.
    NT Setter Wei Qiuyue for Tianjin vs Former NT-setter, Feng Kun for Evergrande.

I think the match will go to 4sets or 5. Tianjin has the advantage of home court.

• yes, the same with you, I am gonna watch this match, which is also regarded as a most focus game concerning all chinese volleyball fans...

as what you said, this match is called "National Derby", or All star game of China :lol:

ex setter Feng Kun vs recent setter Wei Qiuyue
    USA outside hitter Tom Logan vs NT outside hitter Chen Liyi
    SRB opposite Brakocevic vs NT opposite Li Juan
    outside hitter Zhou Yuan vs ex NT outside hitter Yin Na
    ex NT middle blocker Yin Meng vs NT middle blocker Huo Jing
    middle blocker Suo Ma vs middle blocker Zhang Xiaoting
    Libero Yu Ying vs NT libero Wang Qian

2 unbeaten teams are expecting another straight win at the half way of the league, but finally there will be a loser tonite.... :box:

This is gonna be a demarcation point between "Tianjin Era" and "Evergrande Era"

to be me...

• pappi, who's the favorite in this match up?

I think keys for both teams are:

Evergrande
    1. Feng Kun has to deliver quick sets to the outside. Take advantage of her outside hitters' strength and set quick balls.
    2. Keep Tom on the service line. This is their best scoring rotation with Brakocevic and, Zhou Yuan on the left side in transition, Suoma/Brakocevic blocking, and Tom/Feng/Ying defending backrow. This rotation has scored 3-4 point runs in a number of their previous matches.
    3. Up the hitter coverage. This is by far Evergrande's weakest area. Cover your hitters.

Tianjin
    1. Serve tough. Pick which player they want to overload and put the serve on her. In their matches this season, Tianjin has picked on certain players and overloaded them to take the team out of offense. Feng Kun has bad knees. Make her run to set balls.
    2. Jump on Evergrande from the very first point. Their biggest chance of winning sets is early in the match. Evergrande takes about a set and a half before they get into the groove. Jump on them quick.
    3. Take advantage of when Yin Meng and Zhou Yuan are together front row as this is Evergrande's weakest hitting rotation.

• if CVA could allow more than 2 foreign players on courts, Evergrande would consider to put wilavan (THA) in libero instead of Yu Ying...

the latter played a shame shit match all through the 5 games...None could save her from bad reception errors

to be me...

• Round 9°

Henan Hi-Tech vs Army August 1st 0:3 (23:25, 18:25, 13:25)
    Zhejiang Kaiyuan vs Shandong Laishang Bank 3:0 (25:22, 25:9, 25:22)
    Liaoning Automobile vs Jiangsu Nonferrous Industry 3:0 (25:8, 26:24, 25:22)
    Tianjin Bridgestone vs Guangdong Evergrande 3:2 (25:19, 20:25, 25:21, 20:25, 15:11)
    Shanghai Dunlop vs Sichuan University 3:0 (26:24, 25:14, 25:19)

Standings after Round 9°

1. Tianjin Bridgestone 9-0
    2. Guangdong Evergrande 8-1
    3. Shanghai Dunlop 6-3
    4. Zhejiang Kaiyuan 6-3
    5. Army August 1st 6-3

6. Jiangsu Nonferrous 4-5
    7. Liaoning Huachen Auto. 2-7
    8. Sichuan University 2-7
    9. Shandong Laishang Bank 2-7
    10. Henan Hi-tech. 0-9

to be me...

• pappi
    Any link to watch Tianjin Bridgestone vs Guangdong Evergrande ?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• pappi
    Any link to watch Tianjin Bridgestone vs Guangdong Evergrande ?

right here @ sports.cntv.cn

1-3 sets
    part 1:http://sports.cntv.cn/20110123/104287.shtml

4-5 sets
    part 2:http://sports.cntv.cn/20110123/104224.shtml

before watching the live records, it may ask for plug-in software installed, follow the installation instruction and enjoy the match....

to be me...

• Chen Liyi & Juan Li rocks :super: Chen is very talented :thumbsup:

• Also Number 7 opposite of Chen is quite talented :thumbsup: Why dont she play in NT?

• Like pappi, I thought Evergrande's Libero Yu Ying was a disaster. Tianjin picked on her throughout the match and she gave up aces and made even more bad passes. Tianjin got an early lead in the first set because of Evergrande's passing problems. Every time Evergrande would make a push, they would make an untimely passing error. Zhou Yuan also had passing problems since the first set. To adjust, Logan Tom started poaching passes away from Yu Ying or Zhou Yuan. This meant that Tom was not in best position to attack.

Feng Kun was up and down setting. Ofcourse, she was running after balls passed away from the net making her set location inconsistent. She was setting Logan Tom during the first and second sets and Tom was hitting well, but Feng went away from setting Tom for the rest of the match. Tom was passing a big part of the court but Tom got so few sets starting the middle of the match that she had no rhythm hitting anymore. The few sets that she got were either trap sets too close to the net, sets on the 1m line on the left or against triple blocks.

Brakocevic hit quite well. She was attacking from everywhere on the court and blocked well also.

I thought the 5th set could go to either team. Tianjin played better at the critical point.

Btw, what was up with that Tianjin crowd? :down:

During the match, the crowd hurled verbal abuse towards Evergrande's players like "Retire Feng Kun", chants against Suoma and Lang Ping, calling Brakocevic a "Giraffe", etc.
    Someone was directing a green light towards Logan Tom's eyes during serve receive to distract her. In the middle of the match, there were people who threw water bottles at the Evergrande bench. It was so bad that Lang Ping had to request for a pause (you will notice the delays in the match).

• Hey, I like your comments on this game very much but dont believe my eyes when i read your description of the crowd behavior...

can i ask where you got these information and if these words are true. Because i was not in Tianjin People's stadium and it was too difficult to judge all these details between quick clip cutaways..

it was more like a bloody fight from a league matchup... :dance4:

to be me...