Germany - DVL 2010/11

• Well, let´s see what´ll be missing tonight... Wires? Will they some day just forget their cameras? Or is the only thing cpm´s missing capable employees? :D
    Whatever it is, i´m sure, there will be something missing again...

• Schweriner SC is the first finalist in German playoffs with a clear 3-0 over Vilsbiburg. More info later.

Congratulations to Schweriner SC :flower: :flower: :flower:

• Vilsbiburg - Schwerin 0:3 (20,22,19)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2010/Women/&2303.pdf

Schwerin was better in all elements of the game today, even though Vilsbiburg managed to control Mira Topic a little better than on wednesday she made the difference in important moments. In 2nd set Vilsbiburg was leading 20-15 but then their reception completely collapsed. They simply have no options on OH position after they fired Barborkova :S
    If Schwerin plays like today they have very good chances to win the title no matter who will be their opponent.

• Well, being from Vilsbiburg, i just wanna share some thoughts. First of all, it was a difficult season. What i mean by that, is up to everybody to find out for themselves...

Schwerin was the better team, no doubt. I´m in no way sad or dissappointed, that we lost the semifinals, but happy to have won a bronze medal.
    Vilsbiburg could have beaten Schwerin, but we just made it too easy for them. Maybe Vilsbiburg was too tired or simply didn´t have enough will to win.

Schwerin deserverd to reach the finals, so good luck to them. :thumbup:

As for Vilsbiburg, i wanna say thank you, girls. A special heartfelt thank you goes out to a very special player to me. She knows who i mean. To me, on and off the field, you´re the best and a great person.

For all the players, stayin´ or leavin´, i wanna wish them all the best and good luck for the future.

• Nice words Raven :thumbup: Do the players read here?
    Can you say anything yet who stays and who leaves? I think it's good that Vilsbiburg always gives chances to young talents, but to be successful they should get some "star" players too. With Petrausch and Barg as OHs it's difficult to play well, and both setters haven't been doing a great job this season as far as I can judge. Yesterday it seemed impossible to set any good ball to the middle :S And I think they were a bit unlucky with transfers this season, only Korobkova and Kralikova did a good job, though even those two can play better than they did in many matches.

Today, 17.30 CET, live on http://www.cpm24.tv (if they manage it...): the 2nd semifinal Dresdner SC - VfB Suhl. I think Suhl has really good chances to reach final, Dresden with many injured players and they never won against Suhl this season. Will be an exciting match for sure! Battle of the liberos Tzscherlich vs Cebic and the opposites Hippe vs Merkova :thumbsup:

• I want to watch more exciting game!!!
    It isn't 1st place Desdner for regular season..... :woohoo:

• Wow what a set...Suhl stopped playing at 22:12 :roll: And as usual in German league, both teams are serving great and receiving...not great, to say it nicely ;) Saskia Hippe scored her first attack at 21:24, before that all her attacks were blocked or defended.

• Thank you, Matthias. The words i´ve used in my previous post, was just a way to bring the season to a conclusion.

There are some people in the club´s organization who know, that i´m writing in a forum. But i do not know, if they read here. What i wrote about that great person, i told her yesterday eye to eye. Just wanted to share the feelings.

Vilsbiburg has always been known for not having the best players (with some exceptions, of course), but to have this fighting spirit, the will, the desire to win. This was something i missed this season. I guess, Vilsbiburg will never have a "star" player, simply because of financial reasons. In my opinion Vilsbiburg´s fans make their own star players. The best example may be Katja Wühler. Wühli´s someone who fought for every ball, never gave up, she always pushed the team to a better performance and was a real leader on on off the field. This is the kind of star player Vilsbiburg wants. Lina Meyer is that kind of player. Without her, Sonthofen would have been back in 2nd league two years ago. You know, this so-called star players often are players who only care about themselves, but not the team (not everyone of them, of course).

Sarah Petrausch and Johanna Barg are good attackers, their reception was just bad, even though, Johanna Barg was slightly better in reception, in my opinion.
    This, of course, don´t makes it easy for the setters, they had to run a lot. If you take this into consideration, the setters did a good job. I guess, it also wasn´t easy for Nadja Jenzewski. You know, she "had to" play good, couldn´t - well - allow herself to get hurt, injured or sick. As you remember, we had Sophia Kozlowski from the 2nd league team as Nadja´s backup. It would have been to risky to let Sophia play, even though she made a big step forward and really improved her playing.

Magda Kralikova and Natalia Korobkova are good players, but - as you wrote - they could play better. Magda is a very self-critical player, who never blames anyone else but herself for a mistake. Nat, in my opinion, was sometimes too selfish. You know, Nat´s someone who don´t tries to make the best out of every ball. She´s like, if the ball ain´t played the way i want it, i simply don´t play it and try to make the best out of it. Natalia could have been more effective...

Since i´m not sure, if the players or someone in the management is reading here, and since the players and management know me, i will - out of respect to them - not tell anything about players leaving or staying in Vilsbiburg. I know, the management don´t likes it if something is made public before it is official. But if there are news in our local newspapers, before they are online, or do hear something official from the club´s side, i´ll let you know. Hope you understand.

• Thanks for your info and yes of course I understand. And I agree about your definition of "star players". Wühler and Lina Meyer for me were/are very impressive players. Is it possible that Lina Meyer comes to Vilsbiburg? (Just asking if it's possible, you don't have to reveal any management secrets ;) ).
    One thing I disagree, I don't think Petrausch is a good attacker at the moment :S She has many options, but for me she is not courageous enough in many situations.

Dresden vs Suhl is a real battle, both teams fight for every point, though the level of the game once again is not as good as I hoped. Only Frieda Thieme shows an impressive performance, I hope Guidetti is watching and will think about inviting her.