Germany - DVL 2010/11

• Congratulations to Schwerin. Deutscher Meister 2010/11 :cup:

What a block-show by Nadja Schaus in the last two sets !!!!!

• Is it 100 % sure that Schwerin will participate in CL next season --> Is there enough money ??

• Congrats to Schwerin, they totally deserved this title :cup: They just had the best team with one outstanding player, but also players who were on bench recently (Frick, Adlerova, Brandt) made great matches earlier in the season and are very important for the team. I hope the core of the team will stay together, of course especially Mira Topic :thumbup:

Stats: http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2010/Women/&2306.pdf

Is it 100 % sure that Schwerin will participate in CL next season --> Is there enough money ??

I really hope so, but considering that they were available to afford Topic and Adlerova this season I'd think they have good money.

So this will be the German teams in European cups:
    Champions League: Schweriner SC
    CEV Cup: Dresdner SC, Smart Allianz Stuttgart (Cup winner)
    Challenge Cup: Rote Raben Vilsbiburg, VfB Suhl

I expect all teams will use their spots, Suhl is currently looking for a hall where they can play because their normal home hall does not fulfill CEV's standards (which is hard to believe, it's bigger than Vilsbiburg's hall I think and Vilsbiburg could always play in their regular hall).

• Well, i was told by André Wehnert, that Schwerin as well as Dresden have declared they will compete in the Champions League, if they win the title. So, i guess there´s enough money.

• It will really really great to see a German team in Champions League! ^^ It will be a great experience for some of the german girls! :)

I hope they can keep part of the group and gets even stronger :)

• It will really really great to see a German team in Champions League! ^^ It will be a great experience for some of the german girls! :)

I hope they can keep part of the group and gets even stronger :)

Yes, and I think especially Dresden and Schwerin are ready for it, concerning roster, infrastructure(gym), sponsors, spectators :teach: Today were 3000 people in Dresden, last match 2000 in Schwerin :)

• @ Matthias

here I am again, quoting a Belgian paper :lol:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/artic….aspx?articleid=G5R3AAA68

' VOLLEYBAL Bij verdwijnt de Nederlandse Anne Buijs. Ze gaat bij het Duitse Schwerin spelen, waar haar vader Teun (ex-Maaseik) coach is '

free translation: Anne Buijs transfers to Schwerin, the club her father Teun (ex-Maaseik) to be headcoach...

Possible translation: Teun Buijs will become Schwerin's headcoach :what: I didn't believe it all, untill I read a few minutes ago, on volleyball-bunsesliga.de that Aleksanderson will leave Schwerin to become Finnish NT-headcoach...though I still can't imagine.. it could create a very difficult situation for Anne.. :teach:

Teun Buijs is at the moment coach of Volley Bottrop, right? Is he end of contract in Bottrop?

• Confirmation !!!

http://www.derwesten.de/sport/…ie-Volleys-id4671638.html

Sein Wirken bei den RWE Volleys blieb der Konkurrenz aus verständlichen Gründen aber nicht verborgen. Es gab Angebote für Teun Buijs, die er wahrscheinlich alle ausgeschlagen hätte, wenn nicht im positiven Sinne seine Familie ins Spiel gekommen wäre. Seine Tochter Anne, wie es sich für eine Buijs gehört, eine Topspielerin, will sich einem Frauen-Bundesligisten anschließen. Und diesem Ruf könnte sich Teun Buijs, der stets Wert auf ein intaktes Familienleben gelegt hatte, anschließen

So Teun Buijs and Anne Buijs transfer to Schweriner SC :teach:

• Not only Tore Aleksandersen will leave the club, but also libero Janine Völker who will start a career in the upper grade of the civil service.

• It's always tricky, a child playing in a team, coached by father/mother...how will teammates react, especially if the results are bad or if the child of the coach is inside court, while performing badly.. :S

Ofcourse I hope there will be no problems like that :super: :super: Hopefully Schwerin will have a great season :teach:

• So will she play somewhere else or does she stop playing?

It´s said, that she´ll stop playing. New libero will be Joana Gallas from Schwerin´s farm team VC Parchim. It remains to be seen, if Lisa Thomsen will play as no.1 libero again and Joana as her backup.
    Also new will be setter Tanja Joachim.

I expect all teams will use their spots, Suhl is currently looking for a hall where they can play because their normal home hall does not fulfill CEV's standards (which is hard to believe, it's bigger than Vilsbiburg's hall I think and Vilsbiburg could always play in their regular hall).

I guess the "quest for a new venue" was just premature writing in newspapers. ;)

• According to Schwerin-homepage, six players will leave:

Völker, Gutsche, Schaus, Adlerova, Pachale and Frick. Also coach Aleksandersen will leave.

http://www.schweriner-sc.com/a…e.php?artikel=1739&pid=26

• Janine Völker and Marie Frick will be replaced by Joana Gallas and Tanja Joachim from Schwerin´s farm team VC Parchim. I only knew, that Tore is also leaving (definitely a big loss for the league, great guy).
    I´m lookin´ forward to see who will replace Maja Pachale, Sandra Gutsche, Vendula Adlerova and Nadja
    Schaus.