Germany - DVL 2010/11

• Latest news: Lonneke Sloetjes (NED) will play in USC Münster next season

Right decision. She needs a foreign league to improve. I'm curious if she leaves her hometown, since Münster is not far away from Oldenzaal :lol:

I can remember a period, Staelens sisters, Blom, van Tienen and Wensink played all together in Münster :D

• Münster can have a real good team next year...Jelinkova, Cutura, Sloetjes and they are currently talking to 2 foreign MBs as well.

Do they have more money to invest in the roster, related to previous season ??

• Rumor has it, that Maren Brinker (Stuttgart) will go to Italy.

wao wao!! I can't wait the good news!!
    please update more more info when u found it :-)

• DJK Augsburg will not play in first league next season. The league asked them for more financial stability and they could not fulfill the league's standards, so the team completely quit volleyball, they won't play in 2nd league either.
    For me this is very good news, the team has one rich sponsor and had a ridiculously good team in 2nd league with many foreign players, and some weeks ago they still said they want to fight for German championship next season but there always were bad news about the management as well, so it's good that this project has died. I hope none of the players who was there last season suffered too big damage (financially or otherwise).

Yesterday I heard from an Italian friend that an Italian club wants to sign Lena Möllers as 2nd setter, but it's not Bergamo ;) I can't say anything before it's sure though...

• Just read the news about Augsburg. I agree, this is indeed good news. As for the financial thing, last year in November, i was told, that the players were still waitin´ for their money from September. I think, that says a lot.
    In my opinion, this whole project was condemned to failure from the beginning.

• Aurubis Hamburg has transferred Dutch opposite Karine Muijlwijk (Sliedrecht Sport). She worked with JP Staelens together in Weert.

• DJK Augsburg will not play in first league next season. The league asked them for more financial stability and they could not fulfill the league's standards, so the team completely quit volleyball, they won't play in 2nd league either.
    For me this is very good news, the team has one rich sponsor and had a ridiculously good team in 2nd league with many foreign players, and some weeks ago they still said they want to fight for German championship next season but there always were bad news about the management as well, so it's good that this project has died. I hope none of the players who was there last season suffered too big damage (financially or otherwise).

Yesterday I heard from an Italian friend that an Italian club wants to sign Lena Möllers as 2nd setter, but it's not Bergamo ;) I can't say anything before it's sure though...

Cant wait to heard about it then! ^^

I heard that Conegliano is looking for a young tall setter? hehehe, but I also heard that would be Rondon..hehehehehe

but maybe could be Chieri? Guidetti already worked there and has many contacts....

Well, Ill wait for you to be sure hehehehehe

• Just read the news about Augsburg. I agree, this is indeed good news. As for the financial thing, last year in November, i was told, that the players were still waitin´ for their money from September. I think, that says a lot.
    In my opinion, this whole project was condemned to failure from the beginning.

True words. With a little bit common sense the league ought to have foreseen this development too. Now they probably have lost a small but solid team in Köpenick and we'll have another season with asymmetric schedule and standings.

"People think common sense is common - but it's not."
    — Don Cherry

• ...I hope there's still a chance for Köpenick now.

Me too, but I doubt that there is a chance... In first place DVL doesn't look like they're interested in reassigning the vacant spot. On the other hand it might be difficult to turn back the clock in Köpenick regarding sponsors and season planning. :(

• The DVL has granted a license to the following clubs: Alemannia Aachen, Dresdner SC, VT Aurubis Hamburg, USC Münster, SC Potsdam, SV Sinsheim, Schweriner SC, Smart Allianz Stuttgart, VfB Suhl, Rote Raben Vilsbiburg, TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen, 1. VC Wiesbaden and Zurich Team VCO Berlin.

I just hope, they checked the financial situation in Wiesbaden carefully, ´cause somehow i´m still not sure about ´em.

• Well, these people may have gone, but this don´t solve their problems. When i was in Wiesbaden for their last match of the regular season against Vilsbiburg, i think it was VCW chairman Georg Kleinekathöfer who said, that they are financially sound. He talked about money they got from small stores, 1000 Euros here, 1000 Euros there. But that´s nothing compared to about 400.000 Euros they´re in debt.
    They may have got money from the bank, but then what? I can´t imagine the bank don´t wants to have its money back.

So, Wiesbaden may now have balanced their account, but what about the running charges for the upcoming season? They have now signed this 30 year old libero from Brasil, who probably ain´t a cheap player, they´re about to sign a slovakian national team player, they also wanted to sign this setter from thailand, Nootsara Tomkom, who ain´t a cheap player either.
    What about travel costs, accommodation expenses, office expenses, fees, salaries, just to name a few.
    In my opinion, they´re throwing out money, they don´t have. I guess, after the 2011/2012 season they will have amortized half of their debts, if at all possible, but in my opinion, they won´t be debt-free.

And then again, like i said, i can´t imagine the bank don´t wants to have the money back. Sure, we don´t know about the terms they´ve agreed on, but i still wonder how, all of a sudden, they can afford players like the above mentioned.

• Köpenicker SC released a news on their website that they are very surprised and disappointed that they're not allowed to take the free place in 1st league after Augsburg's withdrawal. They wanted to play 1st league and they also would have been ready for it, but the league rather plays another season with confused schedules and all that.
    The club says their aim for 2nd league would have been to directly come back to 1st league, but after the disappointing behaviour of the league they're considering their aims again...

I really don't like it at all, Köpenick always was a small but reliable club, they always had nice teams which managed to play good matches every season, and now the league doesn't give them a chance even though I'm sure they would have used it well :thumbdown:

I really don't like it at all, Köpenick always was a small but reliable club, they always had nice teams which managed to play good matches every season, and now the league doesn't give them a chance even though I'm sure they would have used it well :thumbdown:

...plus they were putting a really good effort in their youth teams. A couple of german players (e.g. Saskia Hippe) originally came from the KSC organisation.

There is a little poll at facebook - maybe some of you will have a vote for KSC: click (It says "Do you want KSC team to fill the vacant spot that became available after Augsburgs withdrawal?" Answers are "Yes" "No" "Don't know" (in that order)) ;)

• General manager Thorsten Endres, will leave the DVL at the end of August to become Administrative Director of the CEV.