Brazilian League 2011/2012

• What happened to Dani Lins? She is only ranked as 8th setter in the league. That's kind of pathetic of a NT setter. Ok, leaving Unilever and Bernardinho didn't do her any good but still...and SESI's coach is former setter, right?

Fernanda Venturini still the best brasilian setter. That's astonishing.

I think It is more due statistics faults then Dani's actually..hehehehehe. I think Dani is not making a bad season, but statistics in setting area takes in consideration the spikers performance, and SESI has been making to many ups and downs in that area. They dont have a so powerfull trusting spiker, though Soninha has been one of the most scorers in the league. I would not blame Dani, she has been playing well. It is a not a truth, we could put like that, this 8th rank for her. Brasilian statistics can be quite confusing sometimes, we dont understand properly how they do it..hehehehehe and also a lot of people believes that is a lot of "politics" behind these statistics.

Anyway, Fernanda has been our best setter indeed. She makes some mistakes sometimes, but no setter here can play as fast as she does. Her age has not been a problem, specially now she is in better shape than in beggining of season. Fernanda is definetly an outstanding player, and one of the best in history.

• I think It is more due statistics faults then Dani's actually..hehehehehe. I think Dani is not making a bad season, but statistics in setting area takes in consideration the spikers performance, and SESI has been making to many ups and downs in that area. They dont have a so powerfull trusting spiker, though Soninha has been one of the most scorers in the league. I would not blame Dani, she has been playing well. It is a not a truth, we could put like that, this 8th rank for her. Brasilian statistics can be quite confusing sometimes, we dont understand properly how they do it..hehehehehe and also a lot of people believes that is a lot of "politics" behind these statistics.

Anyway, Fernanda has been our best setter indeed. She makes some mistakes sometimes, but no setter here can play as fast as she does. Her age has not been a problem, specially now she is in better shape than in beggining of season. Fernanda is definetly an outstanding player, and one of the best in history.

I would like to know what they consider ''successfull set''. The stastistics show that SESI's attack is actually better than Dani's setting. And in absolute numbers, Dani has 395 succesful sets And SESI has 993 successful spikes. I am trying to understand this but I am not doing a very good job. It's either that brasilian statisticians are very strict about what they consider successful set or SESI's spikers are doing excellent job with Dani's ''bad'' sets. I guess it's the former.

Anyway, another weird thing: Thaisa not being in Top 10 blockers. I see that they use different statistics than those we are used to but at least blocking statistics are not difficult to comprehend. And players like Juciely and Adenizia would still be among the best even if it was expressed as number of blocks/set. So is Thaisa not having a good season or is she allowed to blame statistics ? (must blame somebody, right?) ;)

• I would like to know what they consider ''successfull set''. The stastistics show that SESI's attack is actually better than Dani's setting. And in absolute numbers, Dani has 395 succesful sets And SESI has 993 successful spikes. I am trying to understand this but I am not doing a very good job. It's either that brasilian statisticians are very strict about what they consider successful set or SESI's spikers are doing excellent job with Dani's ''bad'' sets. I guess it's the former.

Anyway, another weird thing: Thaisa not being in Top 10 blockers. I see that they use different statistics than those we are used to but at least blocking statistics are not difficult to comprehend. And players like Juciely and Adenizia would still be among the best even if it was expressed as number of blocks/set. So is Thaisa not having a good season or is she allowed to blame statistics ? (must blame somebody, right?) ;)

YEs, in Thaisa case....actually she is having a very bad season!!!Its actually quite impressive.. :S She already played the setters and everything, but the truth is that still didnt showed her best game.

• Destinee wrote this at her fb-page: Sollys x Volei Futuro..... Who will win? SOLLYS

She is cocky :lol:

She was bitten by a spider and did not play Osasco vs Pinheiros.

So much things happens to this girl :whistling:

• Sheilla was most valuable player of the game while Fenerbahce beat Rabita hehehehehe :lol: :cup:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• What happened to Dani Lins? She is only ranked as 8th setter in the league. That's kind of pathetic of a NT setter. Ok, leaving Unilever and Bernardinho didn't do her any good but still...and SESI's coach is former setter, right?

Fernanda Venturini still the best brasilian setter. That's astonishing.

I don't like Dani Lins XD

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• When will the play-offs of Brazilian League start?

The first quarter matches will be 13/03

Quarters: best of 3 matches - 13/03, 16/03, 20/03 (if necessary)

Semifinals: best of 3 matches - one of the series will start 24/03 and the other 26/03

Final will happen 14/04 (only one match that will be played in Maranacazinho gym in Rio de Janeiro.

• TODAY: big match

18:45h (22:45h CET) - Sollys Osasco x Vôlei Futuro - SPORTV
    link: http://www.tvgol.ws/TVGOL_arquivos/sportv.html

McCutcheon will be in Osasco to follow Hooker and Sykora in the game, so I believe they will make extra efford today.. ;)

Will be very exciting game hopefully ! What do u think? Hooker must be very confident to win when she says like that above, is it right to u ? Futuro has very good players I think, Paola, Walewska, Sykora and Fernanda Garay etc...but how are they playing? They have some strange loses for me at least...

• Will be very exciting game hopefully ! What do u think? Hooker must be very confident to win when she says like that above, is it right to u ? Futuro has very good players I think, Paola, Walewska, Sykora and Fernanda Garay etc...but how are they playing? They have some strange loses for me at least...

It will definetly be a very tense game, cause both teams have a lot of rivalry, there were some outside court problems between them in a regional championship this year. (The final of São Paulo championship, the game in Araçatuba, vôlei Futuro house, Osasco players were not aloud to train in the final gym, and also Osasco supporters were not aloud to watch the match...) so that made the enviroment between the two clubs a bit tense, and Osasco supporters will definelty make a lot of preassure today against Vôlei Futuro.

For the match itself...I believe Hooker will make a good game. With Mccutcheon there she will efford. Osasco didnt make a very good match last one, but they always grow in important games. Vôlei Futuro also strugled a bit in last matches. Garay is definetly being their main player, I think If she plays well today It will be very good match. Sykora didnt play last matches from Vôlei Futuro, but I hope she plays today.
    It is hard to predict what will happen. It will definetly be a tense game, specially in beggining, Im excited to watch. But being brasilian volleyball, anything can happen..hehehehe, both teams can play really well, or play really bad....hopefully it will be the first choice.

• It will definetly be a very tense game, cause both teams have a lot of rivalry, there were some outside court problems between them in a regional championship this year. (The final of São Paulo championship, the game in Araçatuba, vôlei Futuro house, Osasco players were not aloud to train in the final gym, and also Osasco supporters were not aloud to watch the match...) so that made the enviroment between the two clubs a bit tense, and Osasco supporters will definelty make a lot of preassure today against Vôlei Futuro.

For the match itself...I believe Hooker will make a good game. With Mccutcheon there she will efford. Osasco didnt make a very good match last one, but they always grow in important games. Vôlei Futuro also strugled a bit in last matches. Garay is definetly being their main player, I think If she plays well today It will be very good match. Sykora didnt play last matches from Vôlei Futuro, but I hope she plays today.
    It is hard to predict what will happen. It will definetly be a tense game, specially in beggining, Im excited to watch. But being brasilian volleyball, anything can happen..hehehehe, both teams can play really well, or play really bad....hopefully it will be the first choice.

Thank u :flower: Will be intresting !

• Oh my Goodness, Brazil has changed clock to the winter time and now the time difference between Moscow and Rio is 7 hours! How will I get a good nightsleep with playoff games coming up! ?(

• Yes unfortunetly our time has changed... :(

I'm willing to sacrifice my sleep to watch the games!) But now I even more want them to be exciting) :cheesy: I'm supporting Volei Futuro today!!! You, Joana?

• I'm supporting Volei Futuro today!!! You, Joana?

• TODAY: big match

18:45h (22:45h CET) - Sollys Osasco x Vôlei Futuro - SPORTV
    link: http://www.tvgol.ws/TVGOL_arquivos/sportv.html

McCutcheon will be in Osasco to follow Hooker and Sykora in the game, so I believe they will make extra efford today.. ;)

sorry but i can't see anything..