Brazilian League 2011/2012

• I think Hooker was impressive today btw...maybe she was MVP? I turned off the stream...

No, Tandara was the MVP.

The reporter interviewed Hooker after the match, she said the coach was there so It was good she had a good performance and she was happy he was there. She also said she was excited to be playing against big names such as Sheilla, Paula, so she is looking forward for the playoffs.

• IT is always open match...I mean, VF definetly played horible today, but they won against Osasco is first fase, so they can definetly grow again, and surprise Osasco and Unilever (lets see how ends it) in playoffs.

I think next week matches will be important for us to see how the teams will arrive in playoffs. Unilever will face Volei Futuro and Osasco, so we will be able to compare a bit more. ^^

Hehe, diplomatic answer as always ;) But I guess you´re right :) ^^

• Hehe, diplomatic answer as always ;) But I guess you´re right :) ^^

well, yeah kind of..hehehehehehee but is the truth...I mean, of course Unilever has been playing well, and so Osasco did today...but like I wrote before, It is brasilian volleyball, so its kind of crazy how well or how low the players can do in one match...see VF players today..hehehehehehe

So I guess yes, Unilever and Osasco are always the final expected here....but I wouldnt take off VF chances yet, not cause of todays performance...cause they can definetly play better than today.

• No, Tandara was the MVP.

The reporter interviewed Hooker after the match, she said the coach was there so It was good she had a good performance and she was happy he was there. She also said she was excited to be playing against big names such as Sheilla, Paula, so she is looking forward for the playoffs.

Alright, yes Tandara was also really good today ! Btw, in the interview with the USA coach, he said something like "the Brazil teams is very well-organised so we want to have as many players we can here"...but if I not remember wrong, u said it was problem with organisation in Brazil teams? I just get a little confused there, hehe

• Alright, yes Tandara was also really good today ! Btw, in the interview with the USA coach, he said something like "the Brazil teams is very well-organised so we want to have as many players we can here"...but if I not remember wrong, u said it was problem with organisation in Brazil teams? I just get a little confused there, hehe

the problem for me is not the organization inside the clubs, but in the league!hehehehehehe The problem is our federation. Our clubs do a nice work. At least most of it, the big ones for sure, have a good structure for the girls. And we have good coaches. But when you go for the league itself, and decisions from CBV that is the problem. ;).

• the problem for me is not the organization inside the clubs, but in the league!hehehehehehe The problem is our federation. Our clubs do a nice work. At least most of it, the big ones for sure, have a good structure for the girls. And we have good coaches. But when you go for the league itself, and decisions from CBV that is the problem. ;).

Ah okey, sorry my fault :aww:

• well, yeah kind of..hehehehehehee but is the truth...I mean, of course Unilever has been playing well, and so Osasco did today...but like I wrote before, It is brasilian volleyball, so its kind of crazy how well or how low the players can do in one match...see VF players today..hehehehehehe

So I guess yes, Unilever and Osasco are always the final expected here....but I wouldnt take off VF chances yet, not cause of todays performance...cause they can definetly play better than today.

I understand what u mean of course :)

• BTW CBV already released the ranking of players for next season!!! (this kind of things that I meant, or they wait to long to release something new, like the calendar, they always wait till last day weeks to realease or they do it to early, I mean, not even playoffs yet, and If some player develops and becomes the big name in playoffs, her rank will be the same as now before playoffs!!!)

Anyway. For those who dont know. Brasilian Federation makes a rank of players, cause that defines how teams will be able to build their rosters next season. Each team can have only 3 players ranked 7. Players that come from aboard add 0 points to her new club. And each team can add only 32 points total. (The players that stay in same club, keep the rank from the year they arrived in the club, even if they add points for this next season in rank they will add for the club only the points they had in their first year)

The new rank - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/super…%20%20FEM%202012-2013.pdf

• BTW CBV already released the ranking of players for next season!!! (this kind of things that I meant, or they wait to long to release something new, like the calendar, they always wait till last day weeks to realease or they do it to early, I mean, not even playoffs yet, and If some player develops and becomes the big name in playoffs, her rank will be the same as now before playoffs!!!)

Anyway. For those who dont know. Brasilian Federation makes a rank of players, cause that defines how teams will be able to build their rosters next season. Each team can have only 3 players ranked 7. Players that come from aboard add 0 points to her new club. And each team can add only 32 points total. (The players that stay in same club, keep the rank from the year they arrived in the club, even if they add points for this next season in rank they will add for the club only the points they had in their first year)

The new rank - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/super…%20%20FEM%202012-2013.pdf

What happens if for ex. a brazil team buy Gamova that isnt in the list ? She get a rating before even started to play?

Btw, Hooker only 6p 8|

• What happens if for ex. a brazil team buy Gamova that isnt in the list ? She get a rating before even started to play?

No, she comes as 0 points! ;) Every player that comes from aboard, being brasilian or not, comes adding 0 points to her new club. Then in second year of her here she recieves a rank, but If she stays is same club then she keeps adding no points to her club, she will only add the new points if she recieves if she changes club.

If It is a brasilian and already have a rank, she also comes adding 0 points, the only difference is that If she is a 7 player ranked for example as Fabiana, she enters in the limit of 7 ranked players each club can have, that is all. ;)

• No, she comes as 0 points! ;) Every player that comes from aboard, being brasilian or not, comes adding 0 points to her new club. Then in second year of her here she recieves a rank, but If she stays is same club then she keeps adding no points to her club, she will only add the new points if she recieves if she changes club.

If It is a brasilian and already have a rank, she also comes adding 0 points, the only difference is that If she is a 7 players for example, as Fabiana, she enters in the limit of 7 ranked players each club can have, that is all. ;)

Okay, thanks for explanation, intresting system really !

• So If you think about It is quite good to sign foreigners for Brazil clubs... ;)

Yes, but its a league for Brazilians anyway ! I mean, there is some cubans and americans, but still, its a very domestic league to me at least. But dont have to be negative at all !

• Yes, but its a league for Brazilians anyway ! I mean, there is some cubans and americans, but still, its a very domestic league to me at least. But dont have to be negative at all !

Yes It is indeed! I wished we had more foreigners, I think It would incresed a lot the level of the league.

• Yes It is indeed! I wished we had more foreigners, I think It would incresed a lot the level of the league.

Yes, would be great for your league, I have noticed its very few Eastern Europeans (and Europeans overall) playing/played in Brazil, maybe its the climate, culture (language) or something....I remember Gamova was asked the question, and she was very sceptical, but it was because as she said "Brazil is a country I certinly dont like" a bit stupid, because I dont even think she been in Brazil :lol:

• Yes, would be great for your league, I have noticed its very few Eastern Europeans (and Europeans overall) playing/played in Brazil, maybe its the climate, culture (language) or something....

Well a long time ago, in the 90's, we had some playing here, Piccinini, Kirilova, Visser, Cintha, some great players had passed in our league, now we almost dont have anymore...

I think for some reasons....but most of it cause of the money. I mean, our main teams pay well, but It is hard first to make the money change for Euro, and then If you take in consideration that distance, family and everything. It is much easier for an european to stay in Europe and recieve good money there. So to take them out of there we would had to offer more for sure, so most clubs prefer not too. But I think that for young players, would be a good experience to come to Brasil, cause we have a lot of good coaches, and that is definetly a volleyball culture we have, a style of game that could be a good experience. But again, I dont know how clubs work in order to get european players at this point. Most prefer to pay less for a young brasilian, even though they dont have the quality of a young european...but they are much cheaper I guess.

• Well a long time ago, in the 90's, we had some playing here, Piccinini, Kirilova, Visser, Cintha, some great players had passed in our league, now we almost dont have anymore...

I think for some reasons....but most of it cause of the money. I mean, our main teams pay well, but It is hard first to make the money change for Euro, and then If you take in consideration that distance, family and everything. It is much easier for an european to stay in Europe and recieve good money there. So to take them out of there we would had to offer more for sure, so most clubs prefer not too. But I think that for young players, would be a good experience to come to Brasil, cause we have a lot of good coaches, and that is definetly a volleyball culture we have, a style of game that could be a good experience. But again, I dont know how clubs work in order to get european players at this point. Most prefer to pay less for a young brasilian, even though they dont have the quality of a young european...but they are much cheaper I guess.

Yeah thats right, but I think the problem is more related to the thing u wrote at last, that they prefer the domestic player because its cheaper. I mean, different change and long away is not a so big problem, because Korea and Japan have no problems to get European players, so it should not be a problem for Brazilians either ;)

• Yeah thats right, but I think the problem is more related to the thing u wrote at last, that they prefer the domestic player because its cheaper. I mean, different change and long away is not a so big problem, because Korea and Japan have no problems to get European players, so it should not be a problem for Brazilians either ;)

yes, indeed, but I think that the distance is one of the factors our players are cheaper for brasilian clubs then the europeans. ;) cause to take them out of the continent it would cost a lot for our clubs, it would have to be something to make them think ok, this is a nice offer It's worth to be away from home and everything. ;) hehehehehehe

cause our main players actually recieve well. If you get Sheilla for example, she recieves around 700.000 reais season, It is a bit more then 300.000 Euros, It is a good salary. If you think to get someone like Kozuch or other opp we would have to pay close to that, in order for them to accept coming here, then It is not worth it for brasilian clubs, It would be something possible only for the big teams such as Unilever, Osasco and VF. that was my thinking..hehehehe ;) unless of course It is a desire for the player to come here and she accepts to recieve less...hehehe