Brazilian League 2011/2012

• Unilever won 3x0 today and beat the record of consecutive victories of brasilian superleague!!! ^^

19 victories in a row! :super:

:drink: I'm happy of their performance. To be honest at the beginning of the season Osasco seems stronger than Unilever in my opinion but Hooker was disappointing :down:

Of course on the other hand Unilever lost Natalia. :teach: Unilever is the best team in Brasil :super:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• 20º ROUND

Sesi-SP 2x3 BMG/São Bernardo (25/15, 19/25, 25/23, 21/25, 9/15) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2115F.pdf
    MVP: Juliana Gomes (BMG/São Bernardo)

Sollys/Nestlé 3x0 Vôlei Futuro (25/22, 25/20, 25/20) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2120F.pdf
    MVP: Tandara (Sollys/Nestlé)

Rio do Sul 3x2 Banana Boat/Praia Clube (13/25, 27/29, 25/23, 25/20, 15/08 ) :white: - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2116F.pdf
    MVP: Luciana (Rio do Sul)

Mackenzie/Cia do Terno 3x0 Macaé Sports (25/20, 25/22, 25/22) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2117F.pdf
    MVP: Thaís (Mackenzie/Cia do Terno)

São Caetano 0x3 Usiminas/Minas (25/27, 18/25, 15/25) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2118F.pdf
    MVP: Renata (Usiminas/Minas)

Unilever 3x0 Pinheiros (25/23, 25/21, 25/13) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2119F.pdf
    MVP: Regiane (Unilever)

Standings:
    1. Unilever - 56 pts (19v/1d, sets:57-7)
    2. Sollys Osasco - 52 pts (17v/3d, sets: 55-16)
    3. Volei Futuro - 45 pts (15v/5d, sets: 51-24)
    4. SESI-SP - 39 pts (12v/8d, sets: 47-31)
    5. Usiminas Minas - 38 pts (14v/6d, sets: 43-29)
    6. Mackenzie/Cia do Terno - 31 pts (11v/9d, sets: 38-36)
    7. Banana Boat/Praia Clube - 30 pts (10v/10d, sets: 39-38 )
    8. BMG/São Bernardo - 21 pts (7v/13d, sets: 28-48 )
    9. Pinheiros - 16 pts (5v/15d, sets: 27-50)
    10. Rio do Sul - 13 pts (4v/16d, sets: 24-52)
    11. São Caetano - 10 pts (4v/16d, sets: 18-54)
    12. Macaé Sports - 9 pts (2v/18d, sets: 14-56)

• MONDAY:

18:30h (22:30 CET) - Usiminas x Mackenzie/Cia do Terno - SPORTV
    If Minas win this they can pass again SESI in the standings and end regular fase in 4th place, SESI meets Osasco tuesday, so it wont be easy for them to keep 4th place

TUESDAY:

21:00h (01:00 CET) - Vôlei Futuro x Unilever - SPORTV
    Its going to be an important match in many senses, first, VF still didnt loose at home this season, and they will definetly want to performe well after yesterdays disaster. Second, If Unilever wins this match they garantee first place in standings no matter the last result against Osasco.

• Hooker has destroyed some excitment in Brazil superliga :lol:

"God willing I am in Brazil 41 more days........ because that will be April 14th the Championship Game!!!! #GoSollys"

• FRiday match will definetly be interesting, cause well, It will be her first game in a big gym in Brazil. Maracanzinho fits 12000 people, much more then all gyms she already played so far, and it will be definetly a bit excitment envolving the match. And if Unilever lsto to Volei Futuro the game will worth the first place in classification.

Im curious to see how she will react to be in Rio..hehehehehehehe

• FRiday match will definetly be interesting, cause well, It will be her first game in a big gym in Brazil. Maracanzinho fits 12000 people, much more then all gyms she already played so far, and it will be definetly a bit excitment envolving the match. And if Unilever lsto to Volei Futuro the game will worth the first place in classification.

Im curious to see how she will react to be in Rio..hehehehehehehe

Hehe, yes, and also how she will handle the pressure when the insidevolley Legend Joana might be in the crowd and watch ;)

• Hehe, yes, and also how she will handle the pressure when the insidevolley Legend Joana might be in the crowd and watch ;)

:lol: yeah hopefully Ill be there..actually I have some friends coming from São Paulo to cheer for OSasco, but of course we will sit away from each other... :lol: just kidding! :P

I love to cheer but Im a pacifist! ;)

I just hope Unilever can make a good match and ends playoffs first! :)

• McCutcheon will be in Osasco to follow Hooker and Sykora in the game, so I believe they will make extra efford today..

McCutcheon 8)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• as what mccutcheon said with China Media when he came to Guangzhou to attend CNVL semifinal leg 2, he has been busy with travelling around the world to check US players performances in International leagues...he has been to Italy, Turkey, China and Brazil will be his last stop...

Hooker has been going too high to catch up by the others at the moment. in mccutcheon's opinion, fawcett is not competitive enoughto be hookers backup, lol...because he has found someone shining at All US try-outs already...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• as what mccutcheon said with China Media when he came to Guangzhou to attend CNVL semifinal leg 2, he has been busy with travelling around the world to check US players performances in International leagues...he has been to Italy, Turkey, China and Brazil will be his last stop...

Hooker has been going too high to catch up by the others at the moment. in mccutcheon's opinion, fawcett is not competitive enoughto be hookers backup, lol...because he has found someone shining at All US try-outs already...

Do you have a source for this? It would be incredible if someone from the tryouts (i.e. college players) would make it all the way up to be at the level of Hooker's back-up (making a team). Logan Tom is the only U.S. player who has done that from that age. Do you know who it is? I imagine it must be Eckermann or Kidder, as the only ones good enough among current opposites.

• Do you have a source for this? It would be incredible if someone from the tryouts (i.e. college players) would make it all the way up to be at the level of Hooker's back-up (making a team). Logan Tom is the only U.S. player who has done that from that age. Do you know who it is? I imagine it must be Eckermann or Kidder, as the only ones good enough among current opposites.

I really doubt anyone from college will make the Olympic team as opposite. There's still Haneef-Park and Metcalf.

• Hooker has destroyed some excitment in Brazil superliga :lol:

"God willing I am in Brazil 41 more days........ because that will be April 14th the Championship Game!!!! #GoSollys"

Curious what would Hooker write on twitter if She played that season in Sopot with his financial problems?

• Curious what would Hooker write on twitter if She played that season in Sopot with his financial problems?

Sopot officers will probably experience tongue lashing from Hooker and definitely she'll leave immediately :lol: . I do see that she's enjoying her stay in Osasco. You can actually see her celebrating with her teammates whenever they win points unlike in Pesaro.

• :lol: yeah hopefully Ill be there..actually I have some friends coming from São Paulo to cheer for OSasco, but of course we will sit away from each other... :lol: just kidding! :P

I love to cheer but Im a pacifist! ;)

I just hope Unilever can make a good match and ends playoffs first! :)

Hehe, great to hear ! Hope it will be a enjoyable game :) 12 000 places was very much btw, will it be crowded do u think ?

• Hehe, great to hear ! Hope it will be a enjoyable game :) 12 000 places was very much btw, will it be crowded do u think ?

Uhm, I dont think It will be packed full, that usually only happen in NT matches or finals. But I think we will have a big crowd yes! The only problem is the time of the game. 21h on a friday night..hehehehehe and also cause there is no room for cars close to the gym, a big problem....so people usually have to let the car in a shopping mall close to the gym, the problem is with the game this time, the mall closes 23h. and also our metro closes 23h. Sp...If the match take to long, so is risky, some people prefers not to go. :S But 21 is a time good for tv, so CBV dont cares about the public...hehehehe But I hope we have a good crowd yes, 4000-5000. Lets see. ^^

• Uhm, I dont think It will be packed full, that usually only happen in NT matches or finals. But I think we will have a big crowd yes! The only problem is the time of the game. 21h on a friday night..hehehehehe and also cause there is no room for cars close to the gym, a big problem....so people usually have to let the car in a shopping mall close to the gym, the problem is with the game this time, the mall closes 23h. and also our metro closes 23h. Sp...If the match take to long, so is risky, some people prefers not to go. :S But 21 is a time good for tv, so CBV dont cares about the public...hehehehe But I hope we have a good crowd yes, 4000-5000. Lets see. ^^

I see, but its a good number too :) Though, its bad TV is most important and not the public :thumbdown: