Brazilian League 2011/2012

• Here are the sources:

2008/2009 season: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/S…eibol_Feminino_de_2008-09

2009/2010 season: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/S…avolo_femminile_2009-2010

First article is in portugese, 2nd is in italian!

• Well I had to read 3 times and I still don't get what you said and I think you didn't get what I said. I didn't mean the narrator was praising Sollys at all if that's what you got.

The narrator didn't praise Sollys at all but instead he kept telling Sollys was winning due to Unilever mistakes and that's my point. Why couldn't they praise Sollys when in fact Sollys scored more by their own merits than mistakes from Unilever? And yet he couldn't say some good words to Sollys and kept telling Sollys was only winning due to Unilever mistakes. But if it was the opposite way he would tell Unilever was doing great and not Sollys doing many mistakes.

Sorry, vblover. I misread your first post. I thought you wrote you can't understand why Sollys fans complain about narrators, not the opposite.

Then we completely agree with each other about this subject. I also remember in the 3rd set, when Sollys came back after a good sequence of serves of both Thaísa and Hooker, that they were telling that Unilever's reception was a disgrace. What's the point of not giving the merit to the Osasco's team?

I heard some people saying that Bernardinho and Rede Globo have a close relationship, he even presented a TV program in SporTV called Momento Olímpico. I believe they tend to picture Unilever as the good team and their opponents as the evil team whenever they broadcast Unilever's matches.

Anyway, SporTV narration is way better than Rede Globo's narration. I felt like watching the first clash between these two teams with the mute button on. LOL!

• :lol: YEs, but that It is what I was saying, 2008/2009, Unilever lost last round to OSasco, and Paula said that unfortunate thing of Ouro é nosso, and Osasco ended first that year. Unilever got São Caetano in semifinals, It was first year of Mari and Sheilla there..wasnt it? I dont remmember anymore eather..hehehe Then the year next I think Unilever ended first, but final was in Ibirapuera.

WEll anywya, It doesnt matter..hehehehe I was just trying to say I dont like this rule of NEUTRO gym, cause is never neutro!! hehehe I miss the time of 5 games finals!!! :( ;)

I like the 5-match formula better too. This one-match thing is the way they found to make players deal with the pressure of not having another match to try to change the outcome of the title decision. It also saves preparation time for the NT.

• Well there is definetly a mistake in there cause 2009/2010 final was played in SP for sure. Hehehe I travelled to watch that game. ;) and I relember very well Natália destroying my team after she recieved a yellow card during the game. Hehehe
    Maracanazinho final was in 2008/2009 and this season now.

• What about last season, where was the final played ?

EDIT: I checked it up, in Belo Horizonte. So no team had home court :S

• What about last season, where was the final played ?

EDIT: I checked it up, in Belo Horizonte. So no team had home court :S

yes....

It is stupid rule! It is not good for the public. Supporters follow the team hole season, and in final, the most important game, they cant! :S

• Today a newspaper here in Brazil released a very interesting report about Brasilian Superliga. Telling a bit about the problems and complains over our league.

I think It is a nice reading, If you guys have the chance.

http://esporte.uol.com.br/vole…m-1-fase-da-superliga.htm

"Extra court problems and deceptions mark the first phase of Brazilian League

The first phase of volleyball SuperLeague ended last weekend, but despite the quality of the teams, the star rosters and very balanced men's league, what was sawso far was a championship marked more by difficulties extracourts than the high level of the matches.

UOL Sports list below highlights of the main problems and negative points in the League so far:

RACISM

The episode in which the MB Michael, from Vôlei Futuro, was harassed and called a 'fag' in the Superliga 2010/2011 was not let in the past. This season, the racist came back to appear in the headlines. The most emblematic case was the one with Wallace, the opposite from Sada/Cruzeiro, called "monkey" by a supporter during a game against the Vivo / Minas. The player's team lost, and he said he was extremely upset with the situation, which is still being reviewed by the CBV and the STJD. In the last round of the woman's Superleague, the problem would be repeated, now with Dami Ramirez, from Usiminas / Minas, who said she was called "black shit" in the duel against Rio do Sul.

PRECARIOUS GYMS

Despite having some of the most valuable players in the world, the volleyball superleague does not have well structured gyms. That was sure in the first stage of the season 2011/2012, when at least two courts showed clear their problems. The gym of Montes Claros suffered from the gutters, which stopped at least three matches. The club was fined only R$ 500, which is considered negligible. In Capoeirão, gym used by Cimed / Sky, happened one of the most unusual scenes in the League. Because of the heat and humidity, the court was wet and delayed by more than two hours in the game between the team of Santa Catarina and SESI. The Sao Paulo team lost and complained of having to play under these conditions.

BAD REFEREES

Commonly attacked in football, teh referees has become the center of attention also in volleyball games this season. Despite the introduction of a microphone on the lapel of the referees in games with TV broadcasts to be more clear markings to the public, what we saw was a series of errors that angered the players and made even opponents came together in complains in some matches. Doubtful balls took out the athletes and coaches patience, and yellow cards rolled loose in this first phase.

CBV CRITICIZED

The problems with gym and referees were just some of the complaints that CBV had to listen and, at least so far failed to resolve in Superliga. The tight schedule is also still being criticized by athletes, but one particular case caused the anger of athletes and fans. Londrina requested the postponement of a game against Cimed due to a stomach bug which affected almost all players in the team, but the organization argued that there was no time for the suspension of the duel. In court, the team from Paraná, which were already living a bad phase in the championship, played poorly, lost, and a player even fainted not having conditions.

BIG STARS INJURED

Because of the increasingly tight schedule of volleyball, the Superliga 2011/2012 had to stay without some of its main stars. Selectable as Murilo, Sheilla and Mari were spared in certain rounds, others like Wallace, Fabiola and Jaqueline injured and still there were those who not even came into court, as Natalia, who is still recovering from a tumor in the shin, and Giba, who had undergoing knee surgery. To complete the American Hooker missed Sollys/Nestle on two occasions, with problems at least peculiar. First, injured her hand after fighting with boyfriend and give a punch on the table. Then she missed a game for taking a spider bite and having an allergic reaction.

DISAPPOINTMENT OF RJX

The quarter-final of the Superliga is starting this week, and RJX can even surprise the favorites and come to the final of the tournament. What we have seen so far, however, was a major disappointment of the team assembled to win titles and bring back Rio in the setting of male volleyball. Even with the selectable Dante, Lucão, Marlon, Allan and Theo, the team created by billionaire Eike Batista has not played well, won only 12 of 22 matches and only managed to triumph in three of the 10 derby matches that played with major league teams (SESI , Cimed, Vôlei Futuro, Minas and Cruzeiro)."

• All is too easy for Osasco today. Maybe tomorrows games will be more evenly contested..

• Today: 3 games in tv in Sportv

16:30h (20:30h CET) Mackenzie/Cia do Terno x Unilever

18h45 (22:45h CET) Vôlei Futuro x Banana Boat/Praia Clube

21h (1am CET) Usiminas/Minas x Sesi-SP

• Thank u for the links Joana.

Will try to watch Minas x Sesi if im not to tired then. Hope for a exciting match, and nice to watch Herrera and Ramirez :) I see now u wrote couple of days ago that Sollys will face Minas in semifinals Joana, but at least on paper its a equal matchup :S How come u are so sure Minas will advance ? Just a question, intresting to hear your thoughts.

• Thank u for the links Joana.

Will try to watch Minas x Sesi if im not to tired then. Hope for a exciting match, and nice to watch Herrera and Ramirez :) I see now u wrote couple of days ago that Sollys will face Minas in semifinals Joana, but at least on paper its a equal matchup :S How come u are so sure Minas will advance ? Just a question, intresting to hear your thoughts.

Mias x SESI will definetly be the biggest match of quarters. I think Minas take the advantage, cause of the cubans! SESI had to many ups and downs and didnt make a very good ending of regular phase.

But, It is what it is inside court, anything can happen.

I think Sollys will be favorite against any of the teams, but I fell Minas can give them more hard time then SESI.