Brazilian League 2011/2012

• Why did SESI and Rio do Sul take Brusque's and Santa Caterina's steps?

• Why did SESI and Rio do Sul take Brusque's and Santa Caterina's steps?

cause CBV wanted :whistle: kidding..heheheh :D

Well, Rio do Sul won the NAtional LEague, that is theory gave a place for for the 2 best teams in the tournament, if they find sponsors. Rio do Sul did, so they can play this season championship. SESI is a new project, with lets say enough money! Since the male team won the tournament last season, they asked CBV to make a team to play Superleague in woman league, and CBV accepted....so there was no qualification process other then CBV. :P

Brusque and Pauta São José (Santa Catarina) they were the last two teams in last season, and didnt find sponsor to play this season.

• Fernanda Venturini made her oficial come back match today! Unilever started their campain in a regional championship played only for teams from Rio de Janeiro.

Unilever won Flamengo 3x0 (25-17, 25-25, 25-12)

Fernanda played the first and second set, in third set, played second setter Roberta. Unilever is missing 5 players (Sheilla, Mari, Fabi, Natália and Juciely), so Valeskinha played as Oppositte (I dont know why Ju Nogueira didnt started the match, she entered, but didnt play much, maybe she is recovering from an injury or something.

Unilever: Fernanda Venturini, Valeskinha, Amanda, Régis, Mara, Ana Carolina, Juju (L). Roberta, Ju Nogueira. Coach: Hélio Griner

Flamengo: Danna, Isabela, Caroline , Ana Carolina, Carolynne, Nandyala,Tamíres (L). Danielle, Luíza. Coach: Marcelo Diniz

source: melhordovolei.com.br

• Also another regional is coming to a decisive moment, is the Paulista, played only by teams from São Paulo.

The semifinalist are known, but the competition will continue only after the World Cup now, (I guess so the teams can playe completely). The teams is semifinal are Vôlei Futuro/Araçatuba, Sollys/Osasco, SESI-SP and BMG São Bernardo.

• Is Dani Scott-Arruda going to be playing for BMG São Bernardo again this year?

• I've read Ju is recovering from a problem in the tibia. I was actually quite worried. I'm more relaxed now that she at least was able to play one set. Must've been cool to see Valeskinha playing as opposite, though. :)

Is Dani Scott-Arruda going to be playing for BMG São Bernardo again this year?

Unfortunately, no. :( They signed Nancy Carrillo, which is actually pretty cool, but Danielle won't remain in the team. Since the team only has one foreign player, they could. But they already have a lot of other MB's, so I don't think there's room for her. I also wonder where she'll play this season. Maybe there could have a place for her in Azerbaijan.

• Paulista Championship:

Started the semifinals of Paulista Championship. Vôlei Futuro and Sollys Osasco won their first matches. The NT team players already made their participation (Dani Lins and Sassá for SESI, Thaisa, Fabíola, Adenizia, Tandara and Camila Brait for Osasco, Paula Pequeno for Volei Futuro), as well as Jaque for Osasco, that is back already after the problem in the neck.

Semifinals: 1 leg

21/11 - Vôlei Futuro 3x1 BMG/São Bernardo (25/19, 25/14, 20/25, 25/15)

23/11 - SESI/SP 2x3 Sollys/Nestle Osasco (15/25, 25/20, 22/25, 27/25, 9/15)

Next Games - Semifinals 2 leg

25/11 - BMG/São Bernardo x Vôlei Futuro
    26/11 - Sollys/Nestlé Osasco x Sesi/SP

Carioca Championship:

Unilever is in final of the Carioca championship and will try their 9th title. The Nt girls still didnt play, still dont know if they will play the final, that will be played 05/12, maybe not, but they will probably be i the gym, cause the match will be broadcast in tv.
    Unilever has been playing with: Fernanda Venturini, Valeskinha, Amanda, Regis, Ana Carolina, Mara, Ju Perdigão (L).

Unilever were champion 8 times already (1999, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010)

• Unilever made today the oficial start of 2011/2012 season with the complete roster in an event in Maracanazinho gym, with 600 kids from charity Institute. It was a Mini Volley festival.

Words of players: "We are previlege to have once again with a competitive team. This is going to be my 7th season with the team and I fell that, each year, the motivation reniew. this time we will have the opportunity to play with Fernanda, that will, for sure, come back with all her technique, and with Natália, that, I believe, will be one of our main liders inside court next seasons. Beside also continue with Bernardinho, a great lider." said libero Fabi

Natália, that still recovers from pains in her leg, added: "Im in the expectation to play togerther with Fernanda, one of the greatest setters in the world. and also to play with Bernardinho - the titles tell a lot about the kind of coach he is."

Sheilla: "I fell very confortable in this group. Of all, just Ana Carolina I didnt know. I think yes, we will fight for the title, but we will have many hard opponents, Osasco, Vôlei Futuro, SESI and Minas. It will be a very balanced Superleague."

Mari about playing with Fernanda - "We have an experienced setter, that will make our team play and it will be very complicated to mark us. She is an extraordinary player, who has her own way. She is cold person inside court like me, but that you can see that is giving all of her for the match. She will talk about what you do not want to hear, will put her finger in the wound and, if you want that, ask to leave. I think this is really good about her. With Fernanda there isnt small talk she solve all problems in there. I played with her when I was junior and then as adult. She could be really severe. She used to say: "I'll give you a shock to wake up.". But the good thing is that she "hits" but also takes care. That is a sign that you matter for her. If it doenst, she would let aside."

• Paulista Championship Final:

Yesterday happened the first match of Paulista final, between Volei Futuro and Osasco. It was the match of the turn arounds... Osasco was leading first and second set, but aloud Volei Futuro to turn in the end. In third set was the oppositte, Volei Futuro was the one elading and let Osasco come back. In fourth set again Volei Futuro had an advantage, and once again they let Osasco tie-up,but just the end they manage to win!

Stacy Sykora on court!!!! :)

Volei futuro 3x1 Osasco (25/20, 25/22, 26/28, 26/24)
    VF: Ana Tiemi, Joycinha, Paula Pequeno, Feernanda Garay, Walewska, Andressa, Sykora (L). Ana Cristina, Fe Berti, Clarisse
    Osasco: Fabíola, Tandara, Jaqueline, Ju Costa, Thaisa, Adenizia, Camila Brait (L). Karine, Ivna, Samara

Monday will be the second match.

• Thank you joanamss, cAn you tell how Stacy played? Are there statistics? :wavy:

She is still having some troubles in reception, so when Walewska is going to serve she stays recieveing..Sykora only enters when Andressa in the back...but in defence she is as always, very determinated. I think she doing quite well already, after so long time away! ^^

I dont have statistics unfortunetly...BUT there is the match in youtube!!!!! :) so you can follow if you want! ^^