Brazilian League 2011/2012

• Last year a Brazilian player Ana Paula Pereira have been playing in Krasnodar and she was the main OH, the team heavily relied on her in reception and defence and even in attack. She didn't have height or power but she was fast and consistent and it really made a difference here in Russia. Krasnodar took the bronze and had probably the best team game. I think that Ana Paula would be considered pretty average in Brazil, I've never seen her in NT and in Russia she was very useful.

Fofinha is a very experient player...she is out of Brasil many years...she played in NT once...but not anymore. ;) When she used to play here she always defended good teams, she already played in Osasco.

If she came back to Brasil, Im pretty sure It would be to come for a good team like SESI or Minas.

• Joana, do you anything about Tatyana Alves Dos Santos ? Many years ago she played for Vakifbank and F4 in Cannes. After that she played for Besiktas, Fenerbahce and in Russia ! But since then I have heard nothing ! I was thinking that she was not a bad player !

• Yes, usually I agree with what Joana writes but this time I diasgree. Its not about height, I mean Gioli have been very impressive last 10-15 games in Russia as OPP and she is a 185 cm tall, 35 yrs. old middle blocker. Of course a young talanted Brazilian can do the same, for ex. Priscilla. I think she would do even better than Gioli.

• I think u underestimate your players Joana, I belive your country has more good players than any other country, but I have nothing to prove it with though ;)

hehehehe...well maybe...but I dont know.

I mean, yes, we do have some good players of course...but when we go out of top 5 teams, like I wrote, I think most of them only have success here cause they play here against brasilians...
    For example, players like Monique, Ingrid, Thaís, Lia...they are ok for Brasilian league, and they are important players for their teams, but I dont see them having success if they played in avarage teams in Italy or Russia....maybe Im wrong, but the physical difference would be to big I think...

but of course we should consider many factors...but still I think brasilians league is a step behind...maybe in future.. ^^

• Yes, usually I agree with what Joana writes but this time I diasgree. Its not about height, I mean Gioli have been very impressive last 10-15 games in Russia as OPP and she is a 185 cm tall, 35 yrs. old middle blocker. Of course a young talanted Brazilian can do the same, for ex. Priscilla. I think she would do even better than Gioli.

I agree is not about high, but Its about being powerfull... ;) Gioli is powerfull and very experience. ;)

And Daroit is an exception I think..hehehe She is definetly a good player for brasilains standarts too..hehehe she was wanted by all main teams in Brasil, so she could easily be playing in top 5, she only stayed in Mackenzie cause her husband works there..hehehehehe :P

• Joana, do you anything about Tatyana Alves Dos Santos ? Many years ago she played for Vakifbank and F4 in Cannes. After that she played for Besiktas, Fenerbahce and in Russia ! But since then I have heard nothing ! I was thinking that she was not a bad player !

I know who u talking about...but I also dont hear from hear in quite a while.. sorry. :(

• Another tie break...I think Osasco felling pretty good right now..hehehehe

and Minas still winning quite well the other game.

They wont first set 25/16 and are winning the second 16/14

• hehehehe...well maybe...but I dont know.

I mean, yes, we do have some good players of course...but when we go out of top 5 teams, like I wrote, I think most of them only have success here cause they play here against brasilians...
    For example, players like Monique, Ingrid, Thaís, Lia...they are ok for Brasilian league, and they are important players for their teams, but I dont see them having success if they played in avarage teams in Italy or Russia....maybe Im wrong, but the physical difference would be to big I think...

but of course we should consider many factors...but still I think brasilians league is a step behind...maybe in future.. ^^

Yeah, about that players you´re right probably. But we will never know, the players u counted I compare with like Pasynkova, Andrushko, Pisarenko from Russian League, and I dont think they would have so much success in Brazil either even if they are big, but the discussion will never get a answer probably !! ;)

• Yeah, about that players you´re right probably. But we will never know, the players u counted I compare with like Pasynkova, Andrushko, Pisarenko from Russian League, and I dont think they would have so much success in Brazil either even if they are big, but the discussion will never get a answer probably !! ;)

I agree is a way long discussion that will never know...but If you look what I was saying..I mean, I was talking about main players of teams ranked 6, 7 and 8 in Brasil...who are MAIN players of that teams in Russia, Scherban, Gioli,....you see the difference now. ;)

• I agree is a way long discussion that will never know...but If you look what I was saying..I mean, I was talking about main players of teams ranked 6, 7 and 8 in Brasil...who are MAIN players of that teams in Russia, Scherban, Gioli,....you see the difference now. ;)

Well, I dont see difference really, or lets say, I dont like the comparision. Team 6,7,8 in Brazil have Priscilla and should have had Nancy Carrillo for ex. Gioli and Scherban is playing for way too bad teams for themself. Gioli for money, and Scherban because she is the seasons revelation and will be bought by better club next season. So its a bit of the same reason as for Priscilla, they are playing in a decent team. I mean both Gioli and Scherban could have played in Kazan that is 1th in league !

As I said before, normally I agree with u, but this time not...lets stay with that...I dont say u are wrong at all !!

• Well, I dont see difference really, or lets say, I dont like the comparision. Team 6,7,8 in Brazil have Priscilla and should have had Nancy Carrillo for ex. Gioli and Scherban is playing for way too bad teams for themself. Gioli for money, and Scherban because she is the seasons revelation and will be bought by better club next season. So its a bit of the same reason as for Priscilla, they are playing in a decent team. I mean both Gioli and Scherban could have played in Kazan that is 1th in league !

As I said before, normally I agree with u, but this time not...lets stay with that...I dont say u are wrong at all !!

;) it was a Nice discussion but as we both agree I guess we never know.. Hehehehe

But changing subject....Minas and SESI is quite a good game now ^^

• Yes its a very good and exciting game !

While watching, once again I get convinced by the Brazilian Superleague superiority to other leagues ;) hehehehe, just kidding.

• Congratulations to Minas, their block was working very well the whole last set. Took a big lead 7x2, but then equal again, 9x9, but Ramirez ended with a touch, 15x11 for Minas.

• Yes, well that is it...a long day of brasilian volleyball, three tiebreaks! DEfinetly not expected...next round will be really interesting...apart Osasco game...of course..hehehe

• what a great day....

apart from OG and WC I can't remember when Sportv showed 3 games in a row and I believe they didn't expect it would be 3 tie-break

I feel sorry for Soninha.... she's doing great but she can't carry that team alone

• Quarters: 1º match

Sollys/Nestlè Osasco 3x0 BGM/São Bernardo (25/20, 25/12, 25/14) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2133F.pdf
    MVP: Hooker

Mackenzie/Cia do Terno 3x2 Unilever (26/24, 15/25, 27/25, 24/25, 15/13) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2134F.pdf
    MVP: Gabi - she is only 17 years old.

Vôlei Futuro 3x2 Praia Clube/Banana Boat (32/30, 23/25, 25/16, 20/25, 16/14) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2135F.pdf
    MVP: Paula Pequeno

Usiminas/Minas 3x2 SESI-SP (25/16, 22/25, 25/17, 21/25, 15/11) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2136F.pdf
    MVP: Ramirez