Russia - Superliga 2011/2012

• :what: I thought Neriman played quite well, definitely much better than Kosheleva...

I remember a lot of Neriman's mistakes, especially in reception, so in my mind she played badly, but definitely better than Kosheleva, who was completely out of the game today.

• @Semiosenic
    How can we see the stats?

Stats are not available currently. Unfortunately russian volley sites are not that quick then it comes to results and stats. They will be published on volleyservice.ru some time soon.

• Thanks Semisonic.
    So now Kazan is the leader in Russian league,right?

Yes, I've posted new standings here, you can take a look. February 5th day 15 of Russian superliga, key games: Uralochka-Kazan, Krasnodar-Moscow.

• :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

• Kosheleva is well known as really good receiver, unfortunately after her injury she didn't come back and she is not playing on her best, probably is also problem that she is not leader and everybody is expecting that from her in Krasnodar. It was easy to play with Kilic in Odintsovo or Gamova in Kazan or with both of them in national team, when she don't need to step forward and take all responsibility on her self. Now in Krasnodar she should do that, but it seams that she is not that kind personality!

• Kosheleva is well known as really good receiver, unfortunately after her injury she didn't come back and she is not playing on her best, probably is also problem that she is not leader and everybody is expecting that from her in Krasnodar. It was easy to play with Kilic in Odintsovo or Gamova in Kazan or with both of them in national team, when she don't need to step forward and take all responsibility on her self. Now in Krasnodar she should do that, but it seams that she is not that kind personality!

Kosheleva made a bad game, like everybody can do, and with the setting and reception in Krasnodar today, it wasnt easy for her.

But her season so far have been amazing, her stats in attack is superior in the league, no one is even close. She has 305p in 13 matches, which is around 24 points/game with 47 % effectivity in attack. Gamova has 216p with the same amount of matches, and with lower effectivity, 45 %. Now she played bad against Kazan, but when they won over them 3-0 at home, she was the best scorer in the game...you cant judge her for just one performance, but I think u have a point, that she is no leader in big matches like Gamova, Sokolova !

Since when has Kosheleva been "well known as a really good receiver"? She's only been playing position 4 for the last 2-3 years (must take into account her injury) and prior to that was playing as an OPP with no reception. That's not a very long time to make a judgement either way considering the top position 4 players in the world didn't master reception overnight nor did most of them convert positions. She's 23 it's pretty early to make such judgement about the type of player she is. It's also a pretty unfair comparison to make to Gamova. Gamova has never had to receive serve and that makes things infinitely more difficult for any attacker.

• Kosheleva said after her transfer to Krasnodar that the reason was that she wants to become a real leader and this isn't possible as long as she plays together with such a star player like Gamova. You mustn't forget that she is just 23 years old, Gamova and Sokolova weren't the leaders they now are back when they were 23 either! And just because Kosheleva made a couple of bad games it's unfair to blame her, because as Anton said, in many games she was a real leader for Krasnodar after all, just remember the 46 points in one match some weeks ago!

• Gamova and Sokolova weren't the leaders they now are back when they were 23 either!

Not agree on that. Gamova was a leader in Uralochka and NT then she was 23 for sure! I remember very clearly Uralochka of 2003 season then they've played in CL final - Gamova has dragged the team there on her shoulders, attacking almost alone. Sokolova in 2000 was maybe not the only leader, but together with Artamonova they were key players. The problem with Kosheleva as I see it - not that she can have a bad game, everybody can, but the way she's reacting to it. Then something goes wrong she becames very nervious and negative in her actions. So can lose several points in a row, Gamova and Sokolova have never done that. Also Koshleva's nerves very easily spread around the team as everyone knows she's a leader. In my opinion being the true leader isn't something you can learn it comes from within a player. And at 23 you can clearly see if the player got what it takes to be one or not. In my mind Kosheleva (and Goncharova also) are very good players but not the leaders to bring big victories.

• @ the USAFan,

sorry to correct you but you are wrong, she is playing position 4 longer than 2-3 years, she was playing with Kilic position 4 and Kilic first season in Odintsovo after Murcia was in season 2007/08. That 2-3 years is not correct.

And Mathias you are wrong also, Gamova and Kilic with 20 were leaders, not with 23!

• Gamova is leader since 2004 OG for me.I remember Gamova very clear at ECH 03 and it was a terrible tournament for Gamova and Russia NT.Gamova had to take all responsibilities alone only Safranova was helping a little and it wasn't enough really.Well Gamova and Sokolova didn't even became superstars alone.There were always some key players like Godina,Artamanova next to them so it makes no sense to tell Kosheleva that she will never be a leader.For sure she can if she takes enough help from around.Probably Goncharova is the key player for her career.I really see the potential in Kosheleva to be a great leader as much as Gamova and Sokolova.Goncharova doesn't excites me as much as Kosheleva does.By the way Gamova's reason to leave Fenerbahce was teaching something to Kosheleva in Kazan but seems their lessons ended very fast in 1 season :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Koseleva jumps 320cm high as attacking?? Is she really that athletic? I didnt know that.And I havent watched Kosheleva for a while.I used to think that Goncharova had better potantian than Koseleva.Of course i should see her latest form to have a better mind.

• Kosheleva had 14 points and 44 % in attack against Kazan, and she get comments like "she was completly off" etc...talk about high expectations ! She was bad in reception but anyway...

Stats:

Noyi Urgenoy - Omichka 3-1: http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…me&game_id=1521&Itemid=77

Dinamo Moscow - Tyumen 3-1: http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…me&game_id=1517&Itemid=77

Proton - Samorodok 3-0: http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…me&game_id=1522&Itemid=77

DInamo Kazan - Dinamo Krasnodar 3-0: http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…me&game_id=1518&Itemid=77

Best scorer: Natasha Goncharova, 27p (64 % effectivity !)

• Kosheleva had 14 points and 44 % in attack against Kazan, and she get comments like "she was completly off" etc...talk about high expectations ! She was bad in reception but anyway...

Yeah, I was so surprised to see that stats 8| but I guess I have an explanation - then it was 13-3 in the second set I went off for coffee expecting easy win for Kazan and then I got back it was 19-17. Maybe Tanya has scored most of the points in that period? cos from what I've seen she was nowhere near 44%... Anyway she keeps her stats in attack very good even if the team plays really poorly now. It's gonna be another interesting battle Kosheleva-Goncharova on Sunday!

• @Anton1989
    Will there be any live streaming for Moskova-Krasnodar match??

It should be if Krasnodars homepage streams the match, Semisonic knows that better I think. I remember it was said they should streams some matches on their site, but so far I dont think they have shown any of the womens teams matches, only mens.