Russia - Superliga 2011/2012

• Day 15 results
    Samorodok Khabarovsk - Fakel Novy Urengoy - 0:3 (20-25,21-25,20-25)
    Omichka Omsk - Avtodor-Metar Chelyabinsk - 3:0 (25-16,25-20,25-15)
    Uralochka-NTMC Ekaterinburg - Dinamo Kazan - 0:3 (19-25,20-25,33-35)
    Proton Balakovo - Tyumen-TyumGU - 3:1 (25-20,21-25,25-16,25-22)
    Dinamo Krasnodar - Dinamo Moscow - 1:3 (16-25,25-15,23-25,28-30)
    Zarechie-Odintsovo - Severstal Cherepovets - 3:0 (25-23,25-21,25-21)

• Standings:
    1. Dinamo Kazan 37
    2. Uralochka Yekaterinburg 33
    3. Dinamo Krasnodar 32
    4. Dinamo Moscow 31
    5. Proton Balakovo 28
    6. Omichka Omsk 26
    7. Fakel Novy Urengoy 22
    8. Zarechie Odintsovo 20
    9. Tyumen TyumGU 16
    10. Severstal Cherepovets 13
    11. Avtodor-Metar Chelabinsk 6
    12. Samorodok Khabarovsk 5

• In first set she had 100% I think (or very-very close to that), she was unstoppable and scored a lot of points. And then somehow she switched off, it happens to her quite often...Loved the game, expected more from Moscow team.

Alright, thanks for the report :) You was in the crowd and watched? I expected more too. But maybe the Moscow players already has the Villa game in their head?

But still even if Natasha is much up and down in the matches, are stats are nearly always good in the end :)

• Alright, thanks for the report :) You was in the crowd and watched? I expected more too. But maybe the Moscow players already has the Villa game in their head?

But still even if Natasha is much up and down in the matches, are stats are nearly always good in the end :)

Yes I was I don't miss the games in Krasnodar. With Natasha it's always interesting how then she's up it's almost 100% and then she's down its almost 0%. And turning from up to down is so sudden like it was today, so unexpected. Stats are good but I think she still needs to work on her mental strength and capacity to be focused throughout the whole game.

• i missed the match.(sh.t)
    according to the result and sets,Not bad for Krasnodar, having played with third setter.i wonder why Fatteva as the opposite of the team gets few balls???All the sets go to Kosheleva and Neriman.

• Kosheleva and Neriman both are much better attackers than Fateeva and Bukreeva, so it's no surprise. I never liked Fateeva, and Bukreeva this year doesn't play as good as in previous years...

But this player is an opposite who is supposed to get the most of the balls/sets in an ordinary team, right? at least Fateeva could get over 25 balls.

• But this player is an opposite who is supposed to get the most of the balls/sets in an ordinary team, right? at least Fateeva could get over 25 balls.

There is no rule that Opposites have to be the main attackers of a team ;) It depends on the quality of the attackers, and as I said Kosheleva and Neriman are much better than Krasnodar's Opposites, so it's normal they get the most sets.

• There is no rule that Opposites have to be the main attackers of a team ;) It depends on the quality of the attackers, and as I said Kosheleva and Neriman are much better than Krasnodar's Opposites, so it's normal they get the most sets.

Matthias, look at the stats. she got 19 balls whole the match, nearly equal to a Mb's.Yes she could'nt be a great attacker but she is the opposite What about Fateeva's reception? why dont they exchange Koseleva and Fateeva's positions (probably, for the Russian NT, Koseleva has to play as an OH) :win: :thumbup:

• I don't understand your problem...there is nothing wrong with playing with the best attackers on Position 4 :what: Just because most teams have an Opposite as strongest attacker, it doesn't mean everyone has to play like this.

• with good coach, when you have 2 OH as Neriman and Kosheleva who are strong attackers and you have MB as Foluke in your team than its easy to make your OPP to play high level volleyball, even if she is not strong attacker as OH, there is example in Rabita with Starovic.

• with good coach, when you have 2 OH as Neriman and Kosheleva who are strong attackers and you have MB as Foluke in your team than its easy to make your OPP to play high level volleyball, even if she is not strong attacker as OH, there is example in Rabita with Starovic.

well,its an interesting example.maybe a true example.But i think Starovic gets more sets than Fateeva.Starovic gets a certain number of balls in every match.am i mistaken? And you cant use a Mb all the time if the reception is poor but you can use an opp all the time.

• Fateeva is just not good enough to get a big amount of spikers. I even dont think she is enough to play in a high ambition team like Krasnodar. For a couple of years ago she was the worst spiker in the league playing for Zarechie, and she wasnt good in Sopot last season either, still she was in Russian NT, which I think is weird, but obviously they see a potential I dont.

It requires not only a good coach but also a good setter, one reason for Starovic's good performances is that Zhukova gives her perfect balls, sometimes completely without block.

Totally agree with Anton, I never understood why Fateeva always was in Russian NT :thumbdown:

• @Anton
    If Krasnodar is such an ambitious team, so why are they keeping Fateeva in the team?

Because of the strict rule about 2 foreign players in the team. This rule makes every Russian player "a golden one". Anton is absolutely right about Fateeva. Choosing between her and Bukreeva who is not in top form now - my choise would be Bukreeva anyway, she's adding a lot to a team play even if her percentage isn't great. Bukreeva is very useful in defence, she's always there on copertura (i'm sorry i don't know English word for that - could someone help me?) and Fateeva is indifferent most of the time.

• Because of the strict rule about 2 foreign players in the team. This rule makes every Russian player "a golden one". Anton is absolutely right about Fateeva. Choosing between her and Bukreeva who is not in top form now - my choise would be Bukreeva anyway, she's adding a lot to a team play even if her percentage isn't great. Bukreeva is very useful in defence, she's always there on copertura (i'm sorry i don't know English word for that - could someone help me?) and Fateeva is indifferent most of the time.

Yes, I dont know if u agree with me, but I personally think the russian left-handed OPP of Omichka Nelly Alisheva would be a better option. Her stats isnt brilliant but she handles difficullt balls very well IMO. When she is on she can be almost impossible to stop, but when off, much misstakes insted. But I still think her potential is big. And she is a huge threat in the block with her height. I havent seen her in too many matches though...

• It requires not only a good coach but also a good setter, one reason for Starovic's good performances is that Zhukova gives her perfect balls, sometimes completely without block.

Totally agree with Anton, I never understood why Fateeva always was in Russian NT :thumbdown:

of course you need to have good setter for that, example are Krasnodar and EZC who have two powerful attackers, Neslihan and Mirka (she is not playing good this season, but all players are lacking good setter) and you have Maja as MB. With setter as Lo Bianco, this will be excellent team, one of the best in Europe.
    Same is in Krasnodar, they have good OH, excellent MB, they had good setter, but now because Startseva is injured and there is problem. Also, I think that coach is not capable to use what he has in the team.

• Yes, I dont know if u agree with me, but I personally think the russian left-handed OPP of Omichka Nelly Alisheva would be a better option. Her stats isnt brilliant but she handles difficullt balls very well IMO. When she is on she can be almost impossible to stop, but when off, much misstakes insted. But I still think her potential is big. And she is a huge threat in the block with her height. I havent seen her in too many matches though...

I've been watching Alisheva playing for some years now and she didn't convince me that sh'e a good player. She's very slow and doesn't have a good spiking technic, so for her to score she needs a good set. you don't get that too often in Russia))) Of course she has height advantage and uses it, but she's so "do not wanna play in defence cos I'm so tall" IMO.I'm not a fan of hers. Then Omichka was in Krasnodar - another day off for Alisheva a lot of attacks into the blocks and once again that indifferent look about her that I just can't stand in players. She had her glory days in Dinamo Moscow Region but that were some years ago. I have another favourite in Omichka's OPP. I think Lyusia Malafeeva will grow into a very good player, I even think she has NT potential for sure. I was hoping she could join Krasnodar team) She's recovering from shoulder injury now and won't play this season. But watch her out next year (if you haven't been already and if have - i'm interested in your opinion about her).