Russia - Superliga 2011/2012

• finally osinchkina is playing,, it´s a pitty that the best blocker in last season stayed in bench for so long!!!

• And she is playing only because Konstantinova is injured, but seems she made a good game today.

I haven't noticed any injury on Konstantinova, she was warming up with everybody - jumping, hitting, digging, exc. And in the breaks she was running and keeping warm, looked pretty healthy to me. Where did you heard the info about her injury, Matthias? Osichkina has played a good game, made some blocks and she has a very good service. I think she deserved her place in the team as Konstantinova all this season is playing pretty average volleyball.

• I haven't noticed any injury on Konstantinova, she was warming up with everybody - jumping, hitting, digging, exc. And in the breaks she was running and keeping warm, looked pretty healthy to me. Where did you heard the info about her injury, Matthias? Osichkina has played a good game, made some blocks and she has a very good service. I think she deserved her place in the team as Konstantinova all this season is playing pretty average volleyball.

Ok, thanks for info, Anton wrote here yesterday that Konstantinova has an ankle injury (post 483).

• Yes, it was written about a injury for Konstantinova here: http://usmanagement.ru/ru/news/read/519/1

About Moscow and their new coach etc...of course its not good to change coach all the time, but really, what can Ovechnikov do now? The problem was the team buildning from the start I think. They have a weak setter, not so good libero, two average attackers in Yaneva and Grun, two strong MB´s on paper in Perepelkina and Morozova, even though the shape of the first have not been the best. Its a one-women team anyway and they rely so heavily on Goncharova that its sick...I mean, 400p in 18 matches is a great number for her, but also proves the balance is bad. The balance in Kazan is much better and healthy I think. Remember in the finals last year vs Kazan she scored much more than anyone else on the court, did like 30p every match, but they still lost all !! I start to think the best for Natalia is to move to another club for her development...

• Yes, it was written about a injury for Konstantinova here: http://usmanagement.ru/ru/news/read/519/1

About Moscow and their new coach etc...of course its not good to change coach all the time, but really, what can Ovechnikov do now? The problem was the team buildning from the start I think. They have a weak setter, not so good libero, two average attackers in Yaneva and Grun, two strong MB´s on paper in Perepelkina and Morozova, even though the shape of the first have not been the best. Its a one-women team anyway and they rely so heavily on Goncharova that its sick...I mean, 400p in 18 matches is a great number for her, but also proves the balance is bad. The balance in Kazan is much better and healthy I think. Remember in the finals last year vs Kazan she scored much more than anyone else on the court, did like 30p every match, but they still lost all !! I start to think the best for Natalia is to move to another club for her development...

Yes, strange. Her ankle wasn't taped or anything. I was even joking to my friends on her running that it took her to be send off the court to start running "for real"...Anyway let's hope she's okey and it's all a question of coach'es choise.
    On Moscow- I think that they really need a good setter, the main thing. They haven;t had a good setter since Kirillova some 4 years ago. With all my respect i don't consider Parkhomenko as a good setter, those who play now - even worse. If, for example Startseva would go to Dinamo and will be in form, it would mean a world for them. Even better if they'll get Leo or Berg but it's hard to imagine...Although they could get Kosheleva instead of Yaneva and then there will be a place for another foreign player to buy a world class setter. Ovchinnikov can build a good team he proved it in Krasnodar last year then with all the problems in team's line-up they've played very nice and modern team volleyball, which is such a rarity in Russia. I think they have to give him a chance. Another club for Natasha - but which one? Obviously not Kazan, all the other is Russia will be downshift, I'm not sure she wants that. Foreign clubs? She's not that much of a star yet to go to superclubs I think, and all the other option will give her much less salary then she gets in Moscow...

• Yes, strange. Her ankle wasn't taped or anything. I was even joking to my friends on her running that it took her to be send off the court to start running "for real"...Anyway let's hope she's okey and it's all a question of coach'es choise.
    On Moscow- I think that they really need a good setter, the main thing. They haven;t had a good setter since Kirillova some 4 years ago. With all my respect i don't consider Parkhomenko as a good setter, those who play now - even worse. If, for example Startseva would go to Dinamo and will be in form, it would mean a world for them. Even better if they'll get Leo or Berg but it's hard to imagine...Although they could get Kosheleva instead of Yaneva and then there will be a place for another foreign player to buy a world class setter. Ovchinnikov can build a good team he proved it in Krasnodar last year then with all the problems in team's line-up they've played very nice and modern team volleyball, which is such a rarity in Russia. I think they have to give him a chance. Another club for Natasha - but which one? Obviously not Kazan, all the other is Russia will be downshift, I'm not sure she wants that. Foreign clubs? She's not that much of a star yet to go to superclubs I think, and all the other option will give her much less salary then she gets in Moscow...

I agree totally with everything u wrote !! Except one thing, and its that she isnt that kind of superstar yet. I think her stats in CL and Russian Superleague last 2-3 yrs speaks for itself...but its just my opinion hehehe ;)

• And one more thing, and its that Kosheleva should go to Moscow, it was some rumors, but I dont think it will happen anymore. Both them two wants to be the stars and I cant see them fighting about that role in the same team...Its a pity for russian volleyball of course :(

• Best Scorer ranking (18/22 rounds)

1 Goncharova, Natalia 399p
    2 Kosheleva, Tatiana 399p
    3 Scherban, Yana 327p
    4 Alisheva, Nelly 324p
    5 Gamova, Ekaterina 284p
    6 Filipova, Strashmira 278p
    7 Estes, Evgenija 257p
    8 Gioli, Simona 255p
    9 Shykaylo, Olga 253p
    10 Yurieva, Alena 243p

21 Yaneva, Eva 191p
    27 Larson, Jordan 181p
    31 Grun, Angelina 167p

Best Blocker Ranking (18/22 rounds)

1 Yurieva, Alena 1.24/set
    2 Morozova, Yulia 1.06/set
    3 Borisenko, Maria 0.98/set
    4 Konstantinova, Elena 0.96/set
    5 Regina Moroz 0.89/set
    6 Filipova, Strashmira 0.88/set
    7 Perepelkina, Maria 0.84/set
    8 Alimova, Natalia 0.80/set
    9 Maryuhnich Marina 0.78/set
    10 Rogacheva, Natalia 0.77/set

22 Akinradewo, Foluke 0.60/set

Best Spiker Ranking (at least 100 atts.)

1 Borisenko, Maria 56%
    2 Akinradewo, Foluke 56%
    3 Filipova, Strashmira 55%
    4 Yurieva, Alena 54%
    5 Merkulova, Yulia 53%
    6 Malkova, Irina 52%
    7 Doronin, Olga 51%
    8 Morozova, Yulia 51%
    9 Zhitova, Olga 51%
    10 Perepelkina, Maria 50%

• About block I think You should Anton give block per set.
    Morozova has more blocks than Borisenko but Kazan played less sets than Krasnodar.

• Natalia Goncharova get married with a volleyball player Alexey Obmochaev from Zenit Kazan's libero.

The bad news for Turkish mens :lol:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• what has attrated my attention is Gamova 284 points and Filipova the middle is 278 points! :white:
    @Anton or Semisonic,what would you like to say about Filipova?

If I may answer too ;) Filipova gets very many sets in Uralochka, and she attacks quite slow balls for an MB, so it's possible for the setter also to use her after not so good reception and defense, but of course she is a very good attacker too. Gamova's "low" amout of points is due to the fact that Kazan often played 3:0 matches and they play a very balanced game this season so all players score a similar amount of points. Only in tight matches the setters follow the old "all balls to Gamova" rule which they probably learnt 10 years ago from Karpol :D

Natalia Goncharova get married with a volleyball player Alexey Obmochaev from Zenit Kazan's libero.

Funny thing she is taller than him :D You would think that when she marries a volleyball player she would at least take a tall one :lol:

• Natalia Goncharova get married with a volleyball player Alexey Obmochaev from Zenit Kazan's libero.

Yes, sad news for Turkish mens indeed... since Natasha said "look doesnt matter in men", they must have thought she was their destiny ;) hehehe...Im just kidding.

• I agree what Mattias wrote, I dont think Gamova cares that much about the numbers anymore either. She is getting older and has to save her body for the important games, especially Olympics which is like the only she has not won yet.

Looking at last years stats, Goncharova and Gamova had a more fair and equal battle back then, when Goncharova was best scorer with 439p and Gamova 2nd with 406p. A intresting fact is that Gamova had only 308p in the same number of matches in season 2008/2009, the last season stats are avaliable, that surprises me at least.

Filipova is one of the most powerfull MB´s out there today...shes a huge wall in the defensive too. Defnility one of the best centers in Europe in my opinion.

• Video of Tyumen-Uralochka (full match).

Kirillova played most of the match as main setter. She still has great hands and used MBs very well, but she doesn't run more than strictly necessary. Estes had a lot of problems in reception in this match. Uralochka's block worked very well.