Russia - Superliga 2011/2012

• :what: Strange...Russia should prepare for Ankara tournament and I suppose Larson will also leave for USA NT soon.

Yes, the match will probably be held pretty soon. After that, they will be heading to your country, for a sparringmatch versus Poland.

• same role had Kilic in FB as Grun in Dinamo Moscow, without Kilic Kim will not be able to play on level she was playing.
    and by the way, MVP was never given for role of leader, its good if athlete has that role also, but athlete needs to have serious performance to get MVP.

So you mean Grün did not show a "serious performance"? And who would have been your MVP?

Yes, the match will probably be held pretty soon. After that, they will be heading to your country, for a sparringmatch versus Poland.

The matches will be held in Poland. Germany-Poland matches are in Dabrowa Gornicza as far as I know.

• I dont know who should be MVP or not, but about Grun, yes she is raising Moscow´s performance, but seriously, without Goncharova I dont think that Moscow even should have taken a set of Kazan. Its very hard to pick a MVP this time, and now Grun got it, but for me, it could have been Gamova or Goncharova too.

Actually, in my opinion the difference between the two teams was Jordan Larson, her defence and reception have been really sharp in the whole final series and pure world class, and crucial in the end with her fantastic saves at spikes from Natasha.

• Yes, the match will probably be held pretty soon. After that, they will be heading to your country, for a sparringmatch versus Poland.The matches will be held in Poland. Germany-Poland matches are in Dabrowa Gornicza as far as I know.

Sorry Matthias, I changed the names in my memory. They will play against Germany in Poland, and not against Poland in Germany hehehe...sorry, im just a bit tired right now.

• Interview with Ekaterina Gamova after the gold:

- Do you know how the account was for you this gold? - A question of one of the best volleyball players of the planet, twice world champion, now eight-time champion of Russia, the captain of Kazan "Dynamo," which in Friday's match (3-2) earned his club 37 points!

- No, I do not think their titles. For me, winning is important in principle. Every match, every tournament, ever.

- Today was Friday the 13th ... you are not superstitious?

- Actually, no. But once we won, so this was a happy day for Kazan.

- You scored 37 points, and your counterpart Natalia Goncharova - 39 ...

- So what? All finals have been compared with Natasha for some reason. But volleyball is not played by individuals and teams. If the two of us to issue to the floor, nothing good happens. Or are you convinced?

- What to prefer charges before the national team?

- And will not leave. Flew to Kazan, take away things - and the national team.

- At the club level, you have not yet managed to win only one tournament - the Champions League. The following season, Kazan "Dynamo", this problem will be on the shoulder?

- If I'm staying in the team, so I think that we can win in all competitions. Including in the Champions League. How can there be any questions? In general, for two years, held in Kazan, the time to get used to this city. I was called in Turkey, and back to Moscow, but I decided not to look good from the good.

- The completed final once again exposed the obvious problem of the Russian team on the eve of the Olympics - an unstable game tie. Who, in your opinion, should pass in the starting six at the upcoming Olympic qualification in Ankara and then in London?

- Of course, I have an opinion on this subject. But, you know, let's just believe in our team! We have three months left to London. We will select the place, you'll see. And whoever took the place of the main junction at the Olympics, all of us there must be good!

• The truth is that Grun didn't show something special, She was Her shadow here and if wasn't Her name on shirt I wouldn't know that She is She.
    I think more simply would be if Russia Management said to Grun- please stay with Us one more season than to give Her MVP award and to think that She will stay now.

Situation the same as during CL Final when Wlazly got MVP but Everyone knew that is was- please Mariusz come back to NT.

• Difference in Moscow was only Goncharova. Without Her attacks Moscow wouldn't be even in Final. Grun's attack were very often blocked.
    In reception category- Grun, Kriuchkova, Makarova, Yaneva- without big differences, maybe Grun a little better but nothing special.

• maybe she decided not to play well as expected when she was in turkey :whistle:

• Gamova:"I was called in Turkey, and back to Moscow, but I decided not to look good from the good."

what did She mean by that?

It's a proverb which is translated in English like :" Let well alone."
    She wanted to say that why looking for smth else when everything is good in Kazan.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Russian Superleague, classification 2011/2012

1. "Dynamo" (Kazan) - Champion of Russia, Champions League.
    2. "Dynamo" (Moscow) - "Silver", Cup, Champions League.
    3. "Uralochka-NTMK" (Sverdlovsk region.) - "Bronze", Champions League (?).
    4. "Omichka" (Omsk region.) - CEV Cup.
    5. "Dynamo" (Krasnodar) - Challenge Cup.
    6. "District-Odintsovo" (Moscow reg.) - The worst result for the last nine seasons.
    7. "Proton" (Saratov region.) - The best result for the last seven seasons.
    8. "Fakel" (New Urengoy) - the best result for the last seven seasons.
    9. "Tyumen, Tyumen State University" - Super League debutant. Retained a place in the elite.
    10. "Severstal" (Cherepovets) - Super League debutant. Retained a place in the elite.
    11. "Avtodor-Metar" (Chelyabinsk) - Down to Major League.
    12. "Samorodok" (Khabarovsk) - Down to Major League.

• Uralochka prize financial stability and know that won't win CL so I think They will choose CEV Cup.

How much money must pay Club to play in the CEV and Challenge Cup?

• Results of voting for best player of the season: http://www.volley-balls.ru/new…-russian-superleague.html

Angelina Grün won with one vote over Jordan Larson, Gamova and Goncharova share 3rd place.

Yes, congrats to Angelina. Very hard battle between top5, with only 2p difference between Angelina and Tanya in 5.th place.

Here is how all the coaches voted, maybe someone found it intresting at least:

Igor Gaydabura ("Tyumen) - Larson, Kuzyakina, Filipova.

Rishat Gilyazutdinov ("Dynamo" Ks) - Larson, Borisenko, Grün.

Andrew Yeremeyev ("Avtodor-Metar") - Grun, Goncharova, Akulova.

Paul Zarudny ("RG") - Grun, Kosheleva, Larson.

Nikolai Karpol ("Uralochka-NTMK") - Gamova, Kosheleva, Larson.

Vladimir Kuzyutkin ("Omichka") - Goncharova, Larson, Koshelev.

Valeri Losev ("Dinamo" Krasnodar) - Kosheleva, Akulova, Grün.

Sergei Ovchinnikov (Dinamo" Moscow) - Goncharova / Gamova, Kosheleva.

Vadim Pankov (Zarechie Odintsovo) - Goncharova, Kosheleva, Grün.

Alexander Perepelkin ("Severstal") - Larson, Goncharova, Estes

Olga Potashova ("Fakel") - Kosheleva, Filipova, Estes.

Constantine Prikhodko ("Samordok") - Gamova, Grün, Filipova.

Elena Sokolova ("Proton") - Gamova, Marchenko, Yurieva

Ilya Trisvyatsky ("RG") - Gamova, Grün, Goncharova.

Vladislav Fadeev (IEF) - Grun, Larson, Goncharova.