Italian League 2011/2012

• New public record for PalaYamamay in the game vs Cortese, 5300 spectators :)

Pretty amazing actually for a game that was more like a exhibition without many of the best players, and nothing to play for in standings.

• New public record for PalaYamamay in the game vs Cortese, 5300 spectators :)

Pretty amazing actually for a game that was more like a exhibition without many of the best players, and nothing to play for in standings.

Italians really like volleyball all matches have very good public. I remember last year I went to Italy and I watched 4 games (Bergamo x Novara, Busto x Bergamo, Conegliano x Pesaro and Bergamo x Conegliano) all sold out!

• Italians really like volleyball all matches have very good public. I remember last year I went to Italy and I watched 4 games (Bergamo x Novara, Busto x Bergamo, Conegliano x Pesaro and Bergamo x Conegliano) all sold out!

Yes, thats really nice ! When I was at ECH last year in Busto, it was around 2000-2500 spectators a day even if Italy wasnt playing, so its genuine fans :)

• Today last volleyball match for Antonina Zetova

• Today last volleyball match for Antonina Zetova

she is going to retire? :white:

• Yes,only seven players...Signorile S,Vasileva e Gabbiadini OH,Gallizioli e Ruseva MB, Bonacina OPP I think,Merlo libero and Diouf on bench

All of Chieri's coaches and staff are wearing shirts with Nr 5 and "Zetova" on the back :obey: Very nice farewell for her

Yes Toni Zetova is a player who completly deserves respect for her carrier. I'm from Rousse, Bulgaria. This is her city even she was born in Pleven but i know her and her father who is one of the greatest basketball players of Bulgaria and i can assure you that she is a great person and a true volleyball legend in Bulgaria.And i hope so the young athletes in our country to have her for a bright example of sporting longevity and for a true role model. Respect for Toni Zetova !!! Kowtow from me for this bulgarian legend.

• Playoffs defined:

Yamamay Busto Arsizio x Asystel Novara
    MC-Carnaghi Villa Cortese x Scavolini Pesaro
    Chateux d'Ax Urbino x Norda Foppapedretti Bergamo
    Liu Jo Modena x Rebecchi Piacenza

• What a pity Novara we lost today vs Piacenza 1-3 and Novara finished the regular season placed 8th :wall: (12 wins - 8 losses)

Piacenza 11-9, Modena 10-10, Foppa 9-11, Pesaro 11-9 :wall:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• many injuries and sickness in Foppa players, they are tired, they need rest time, even if that cost many positions in standings.. :S

yes but in this way if they pass against Urbino, they'll avoid Busto in the semifinals...

• yes but in this way if they pass against Urbino, they'll avoid Busto in the semifinals...

true, but there was no way to know what would happen....cause It didnt depend only in that result...Bergamo even loosing could still be 5th for example, depending the result of Novara x Piacenza, everything were to close between them.

And knowing Foppa as I do, Im sure they didnt rest players for the result or thinking who they would face, but cause It was needed....also Im pretty sure they would prefer to end 4th and play home more in quarters...Urbino is playing pretty strong this season.

EDIT: and also, Villa is not easier team to beat then Busto, specially in decisive games and they have more experience...so..Italian league is very close, choosing teams is not an option for anyone in my opinion. ;)