Italian League 2011/2012

• Pity the stream stopped immediately after the match was over...

• Purely in terms of playing, the last 2 sets probably were the worst of all season for Busto. Lloyd for the first time showed signs of inexperience and completely forgot her MBs and used Havlickova way too often, luckily she had enough power left to score the most important points in the end. I guess it's normal to be nervous in such a match with such atmosphere, but in the end everything turned out fine :) Super Busto!!!

• My stream stopped. Anyone has a link for the awarding ceremony and the individual awards??

I don't think so, unfortunately..the stream stopped indeed very soon after match ended

• Congrats Busto, His course these last years deserved a succesful year like this.

Looking at Villa Cortese, They could win because they fought every ball and they were sooo close to reach the victory. Tonight is gonna be a tough night for Villa players.

P:D. It's a pity, If Villa had won, Aury Cruz fingerprints had erased writing on twitter all night. :D

• Congrats to Busto :dance4:
    and to Villa too because Abondanza's team (with a great Lucia Bosetti) was very close ...
    in Busto team, great Carli Lloyd, domination in the centre and Havlickova found (but where ?) forces to put the last balls on the floor !

• Bauer's kill percentage and efficiency is insane!

Congrats to Busto for a spectacular finals series and regular season! They definitely deserved it.

Also wanted to add how great the passing and ball handling skills have been from Marcon, Leonardi, Cruz and Bossetti. It seems like passing all over the world has become a rarity and when those skills are executed at a high level I definitely appreciate it!

• Congrats Yama!!!! :super: :super: :cup:
    Bauer! :obey: :cheesy:

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• YAMAMAY IS THE CHAMPION! so happy for them, they deserved it 100% they've been great in this season and they won everything!!
    what a match tonight, what a tie break! Villa tried till the end but Busto was better! after so many matches they can clam down and rest...of course enjoying they're great season!
    happy for Lloyd, a surprise but already experienced, for Bauer that improved so much in this season, for Havlickova that was simply unstoppable, for Dall'Ora after two unlucky seasons in Piacenza, for Havelokva that was a leader until her injury (stay in Italy)....ok for all of them!!!

YAMA LET'S GOOO!!! :super: :super: :obey: :flower: :cup: :cup: :woohoo:

• Also wanted to add how great the passing and ball handling skills have been from Marcon, Leonardi, Cruz and Bossetti. It seems like passing all over the world has become a rarity and when those skills are executed at a high level I definitely appreciate it!

Totally agree and I think this is one of the reasons why Italy league still is the best for many people. Setters like Berg and Lloyd wouldn't be able to shine like that in teams with worse reception and also an attacker like Havlickova would be far less effective if she had to attack high balls from difficult situations all the time. Attack and block actions get all the attention because they are easy to see for everyone but the base for the success often lies in reception and too few people appreciate that, even experts!

• Also wanted to add how great the passing and ball handling skills have been from Marcon, Leonardi, Cruz and Bossetti. It seems like passing all over the world has become a rarity and when those skills are executed at a high level I definitely appreciate it!

:!: :!: :!:

I can't imagine a 'real' reception error in this final-series....

• ] What a tie-break !! EPIC !! :obey: Really heart-breaking !! Got stuck to the Tv set until the very end ! Graet honour to Villa Cortese, they even got a match ball !!

Christine Bauer is Terrific, a key factor in this Yama victory - she has improved a great lot since last year's playoffs. :obey: Havlickova almost as decisive as The French MB

:flower: Yet - IMO- I would like to give to Carli Llloyd the MVP prize. Only 22, no experience but NCAA finals, she took into her hands the Yama team and lead it to the "triplete".

She went on improving all along the regular season, and so did in the playoffs series. Congratulations to one of the rising stars in world-class volleyball !!

And eventually, a great 'grazie' to coach Parisi and his staff: Czech Volley federation sturck a grea t deal bu hiring Parisi to coach the NT,

:wavy:

• And eventually, a great 'grazie' to coach Parisi and his staff: Czech Volley federation sturck a grea t deal bu hiring Parisi to coach the NT,

Italian coaches are generally very good one's..(except Chiappini :lol: :lol: ) It's no surprise so many clubteams and NT's outside Italy, have an Italian headcoach :obey: :obey: :obey:

• Italian coaches are generally very good one's..(except Chiappini :lol: :lol: ) It's no surprise so many clubteams and NT's outside Italy, have an Italian headcoach :obey: :obey: :obey:

I completely agree, not only because I'm italian of course! Coach Parisi is a great coach...just look how much Bauer, Havelkova, Havlickova have improved during this year!! really great man!! :win: :obey:

• not only because I'm italian of course

Let me repeat it, being a Dutchman: It's a fact, Italian coaches are the best worlwide. Italy is the country with the most volleyball-knowledge :teach: :teach:

• Reception and passing ? but of course it's essential. Volleyball is an addition of very different skills. Thta's why it's the best sport :cup:
    Great game by Leonardi and Puerari ...
    But don't forget Paola Cardullo :kiss: , our new French champion :roll: