Aroma Turkish 1st League 2011/2012

• ecz and vtt gets CL tickets.

fbu is awaiting for WC, which they'll most probably get. (of course nothing is certain yet)

Why not? I thought the team that finishes the regular season as leader gets a ticket for Champions League. This has changed too?

• Well, already much has been discussed about the play-offs-system...but I just want to say it is a disgrace, in my opinion.

Deciding stages in only one match and no single advantage for the team that won the regular season...ridiculous :!: :!:

P.S. It is now concerning Fenerbahce, but I would have said the same, if Vakifbank, ECZ or any other team would have won the regular season :!:

Turkish Federation should be ashamed to invent such a ridiculous system... :teach: :teach:

• Why not? I thought the team that finishes the regular season as leader gets a ticket for Champions League. This has changed too?

nothing has changed regarding the league ranking.
    for 3(?) years now runner up is ranked second in the league.

so
    1. winner of the finals -->CL
    2. loser of the finals --> CL
    3. FBU --> CEV cup
    4. GS --> CEV cup
    5. TED --> Challenge cup

note: since the remaining 4 teams in the cup finished the league in the first 4 ranks in the league, CEV cup ticket reserved for the cup winner becomes irrelevant here.

• thank you.

that's all I said,
    and was blamed for being biased because of that.

maybe people would understand what I meant when you write it.

• I also agree that the system is quite strange...and another thing, there are waaaay too many matches in too short time! And what's the point of doing playoffs with 8 teams? Seriously, the gap between the "big 4" and the rest is so big that it's a complete waste of time and energy to make the big 4 play two more matches against weaker teams when anyone knows from the start that FBU, VTT, ECZ and GS will be in semifinal.

• thank you.

that's all I said,
    and was blamed for being biased because of that.

maybe people would understand what I meant when you write it.

;)

• First of all I am really sad for my lovely Seda :S She has had a great season and one of the most important player for the team especially in the league..I hope she doesn't have a serious injury and she will be back for OGQT as she is really important for our NT..

As for today's match, I can't find any words to describe how I felt during the game..It was amazing really, one of the best matches I have ever seen in my life..There were great rallies, great attacks, blocks, big spirit from both teams.. :super:

To talk about Vakıfbank, they didn't start well to the match but they caught Fenerbahce in the middle of the 1st set..Even though Fenerbahce lost Seda, they still managed to win the 1st set..In the 2nd set Vakıfbank was better team with Glinka and Nikolic..Nikolic was disaster in the 1st set..She made so many unforced errors that brought down both her performance and the team's..Thank God that she came back after that set as her performance is very crucial for Vakıfbank...The 3rd and 5th sets were very exciting ones..My heart always gave a jump..But we managed to win :drink: Gözde was very consistent I think..Her reception and sometimes attacks worked well.. :super: And GLINKA!! What a great player, person and WINNER!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :rose: She is a legend no doubt.. :flower:

I hope we will be the champions :super: Go girls :win:

• I also agree that the system is quite strange...and another thing, there are waaaay too many matches in too short time! And what's the point of doing playoffs with 8 teams? Seriously, the gap between the "big 4" and the rest is so big that it's a complete waste of time and energy to make the big 4 play two more matches against weaker teams when anyone knows from the start that FBU, VTT, ECZ and GS will be in semifinal.

thats the same for whole the leagues in europe.

• thats the same for whole the leagues in europe.

Totally agree with you, Canter. Even in Italy is not more the same, that No 8 beat No 1. Those times are over. In every league all around the world, there are always the big 3-4 teams and then the medium quality. I did not see any league, where 8 teams had the chance to become No 1. Further more its the same in other sports, in soccer, basketball leagues, the gap is always there.

• Totally agree with you, Canter. Even in Italy is not more the same, that No 8 beat No 1. Those times are over. In every league all around the world, there are always the big 3-4 teams and then the medium quality. I did not see any league, where 8 teams had the chance to become No 1. Further more its the same in other sports, in soccer, basketball leagues, the gap is always there.

Russia has a good depth in their league. Kazan that won the ground stage, lost matches to Omichka (4th place), Krasnodar (5th place) and Proton (6th place), and lost to Moscow (3rd place) in cupfinal. I think in Russia there was 6-7 good team this season. For ex. Proton finished at 6th place in standings, but they won over Kazan, Uralochka, Moscow, Krasnodar, Omichka that all finished before them in the series. At the same time, they have loses against the 10th, 11th and 12th teams in the standings, Severstal, Samorodok and Chelyabinsk. To see that happening in Turkish league, is just totally impossible!

Angelina Grun once said in a interview "its impossible to win easy against any team in russian league, they are much better than I thought", and she is right.

• Totally agree with you, Canter. Even in Italy is not more the same, that No 8 beat No 1. Those times are over. In every league all around the world, there are always the big 3-4 teams and then the medium quality. I did not see any league, where 8 teams had the chance to become No 1. Further more its the same in other sports, in soccer, basketball leagues, the gap is always there.

This is a lie. Pesaro, #7 in the Italian League, beat both Muszyna and Moscow in Champions' League. #8 Novara was also a dangerous team. Turkish League is very weak, against all except Top 4, you can rest your big players and still expect to win. That's why Turkish Championship is much less rigorous.
    2+1 rule will keep Turkish league weak. There are not enough quality Turkish players to have a full top-class league with 5 Turkish players on court. Even the ones who can afford best turkish players use 3 or 4 foreigners in European cups.