WNVL 2011-2012

• On its official Facebook page WNVL announced the 10 cities who will host the 10 franchises who will play the championship (Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Washington, Miami, Seattle, Dallas, Atlanta, New York and Phoenix), cities who will host pre-season matches (Portorico, Hawaii, San Francisco, Houston e Minneapolis) and the city who will host the All-Star Game (Omaha, Nebraska).

They also said the league will start in fall...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WNVL/227152027325688?ref=ts

On official web site there's still nosthing.

http://www.wnvl.com/

No rumors about men's league too.

http://www.uspvl.com/

• Great!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :super: :super: :drink: :super: :super: :super: :super:

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• They want to create a sport league model like NBA, with frinchising, big halls...

This is not the first professional league in the USA, but the sixth one.
    There were before:
    - Major Volleyball League (MVL) 1987-1989 -> Debby Green won it 2 times
    - Women's Western Volleyball League (WWVL) 1992-1993
    - National Volleyball Association (NVA) 1994-1998 -> Scott won it - Tara Cross-Battle played in this league
    - Professional Volleyball League (PVL) 1996-1997
    - United States Professional Volleyball (USPV) 2002 -> Berg won it

• Well I do hope they make it! :)

• Guys, I would like to see it succeed, but a 36 game regular season? You are playing each team twice at home and on the road.

These teams will not be playing in big arenas to start. They need to find some 3 to 5,000 seat arenas, which are only one level tall.

I really doubt that these are franchises in the sense of the term. I think that the teams will be owned by the league, but have general managers to determine how they want the team staffed.

Is there a TV deal or even an internet TV deal? Who are the sponsors of the uniforms? Too many questions to be answered right now.

I worked as a ball boy with the late Portland Spikers in MLV in their final home game. My city Portland, Oregon has seen soo many minor league sports come in and fail. Here is a list: Arena Football League, US Football League, World Football League, Professional Indoor Football League, Continental Indoor Soccer League, World Indoor Soccer League, National Lacrosse League, American Basketball League and the WNBA.

The league needs to have cash behind it to succeed.

• Brahim, Porland colors were red, white and black?

BTW, WNVL announced the 2 conference:

WNVL National Volleyball Conference - Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Seattle and Washington DC.

WNVL American Volleyball Conference - Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami and Phoenix.

I think it's a little strange Seattle in NVC and Miami in AVC...

Can't wait to watch WNVL matches!!!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Realistically the league would be split into Western and Eastern Conferences, but with only 4 teams west of the Mississippi River (Dallas, Phoenix, LA and Seattle), you could not do it easily.

I do like that they have put Chicago, NY, Philadelphia and Washington DC in one conference for big city rivalries. The choice of Miami to me just makes no sense, it is a front running sports city, so you better have some of the hottest women in volleyball on this team to draw well.

• Great, they have already got rid of one city Miami for San Francisco.

"The WNVL has made the decision not to develop the Miami franchise at this point and time. Because of some recent developments the Miami Franchise has been replaced with the city of San Francisco. New plans in regards to the city of Miami will be announced in the next couple of weeks."

• Realistically, when it will begin the championship?

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• There is nothing on Facebook about the days of the league starting, nor on the Twitter page, nor on the website.

Snowballs chance in hell is my guest on the league starting.

• Well, looks like the silver medal that girls got in London made some important people in USA Volleyball make up their minds about professional leagues in the USA.

http://blokaut.net/aktualnosci…+Stanach+Zjednoczonych%3F

http://www.sportspromedia.com/…l_hires_grand_prix_sports

USA Volleyball has signed an agreement with Grand Prix Sports, a subsidiary of Los Angeles-based sports and entertainment company Grand Prix Entertainment, to run its indoor competitions until 2018.

The package includes the 'sanction, license and global broadcast rights' to all USA Volleyball men's and women's professional events, and comes as USA Volleyball attempts to capitalise on the sport's success at London 2012.

I hope they will make it, can't wait for more details :cheesy: :woohoo:

• Good portion of the agreement.

Grand Prix Entertainment has TV promotion experience
    "Grand Prix broadcast special advisor and former president of CBS Sports Neal Pilson"

For the US, this is more important than anything else. If you cannot get a TV deal, the league will have difficulty surviving.

USA VB needs to get onto a sports network that needs programming. NBC Sports Network, which is affiliated with the TV channel that has the Rio Games in the US market, would be the most likely target in my mind. Plus NBC is owned by one of the larger cable companies in the US, so the access to the market is significant.

The women's league needs to be on in the spring, prior to the World Grand Prix, but after college basketball and after college volleyball seasons.
    The men's league is going to be hard to figure out. With more men's sports on television, they need to play in the summer, but not during the World League.

Bad, still need to locate teams, arenas, players, sponsors, etc.