Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Here it is :thumbsup: I hope it works outside of Germany...

Great item :D :D Manno..Scheisse, sorry :lol: Sie hat sich anscheinend schon gut eingelebt :P

Thanks for the Schwerin-Busto link :drink:

• And for everyone who couldn't watch or wants to watch again: Full match on Laola website :thumbsup:

I really hope Laola will broadcast more matches from Germany in the future, maybe already in playoffs this season. After all they even show Greek and Croatian leagues, I think German league is more interesting than that. The problem is that Laola doesn't produce any broadcasts as far as I know, so our league has to find some agency who provides the production which Laola could broadcast then...

• After 16hrs in the bus, it´s time to post some words about the final match... First, congrats to Schwerin, they deserved to win, because they just wanted the cup that much more. They were better in reception, setting, attacking, blocking... When Schwerin came onto the court you could see they were focused, they had an attitude like, we fought hard to get here, now let´s fight even more to win the cup. Vilsbiburg on the other hand were like, hey let´s see what happens, we´re gonna win anyhow...Vilsbiburg played without heart.
    They really didn´t know what to do. Lenka was not bad, but if you have only either one player blocking, or two players who don´t block at all, and/or both (one and two player block) have bad timing and every opponent´s attack hits you with full force, you don´t stand a chance. She and Pe were probably the only players who really wanted the cup, but fought a losing battle. You could also see, that Liana was not fit yet. She didn´t move like she used to and also could not attack the way she normally does, because of bad setting. Renata played really without emotion. It was really bad, Mona couldn´t be there, ´cause we would have needed her, not only in setting, but also because of her good services. Congrats again to Schwerin, ´cause if you go into such a match with an attitude like Vilsbiburg you don´t deserve to win.

• Thanks for your impressions, it sounds a little harsh...
    When I said Lenka made a bad game I mainly refered to her problems in reception. Of course Schwerin served really well, but still I'm sure Lenka can play much better than she did yesterday. About Petrausch I agree, yesterday I was positively surprised by her performance, I wish Gallardo would have used her instead of Meyer sometimes. Also agree about Mesa, the Laola commentator at one point said "She still has a fast arm but she doesn't really take much approach any more". Sometimes she looked quite agressive when she scored ;)
    I think also Schoot played a good game and looked very motivated, at least from 3rd set on, but Meyer and the MBs weren't good. Being a setter I can say that without reception it's impossible for the setter to create the game and to get into a good rhythm, and also the attackers can't get their rhythm.
    Gallardo said one thing in an interview yesterday which made me laugh: he said his team played more as a team, but sometimes it isn't enough. I don't know which match he watched, but my impression was that Schwerin played much more as team, at least in terms of volleyball. Topic 20, Buijs 18, Kauffeldt 17, Thormann and Brandt 11 points. On the other side Mesa 19, Schoot 11, Renata 10 and the rest 7 and less. So, who was the more balanced team???

• It wasn´t meant to sound harsh, it is just the way it was. Also no offense meant towards you, because of what you wrote about Lenka. But like i said with Vilsbiburg literally playing without a block, it makes your defense players look really bad. I think, regardless of yesterday´s result, and i think you agree with me, she is probably the best libero. Well, for me she is ;)
    I absolutely agree with you, that without good reception it is not easy for a setter.

Liana wasn´t really into her game yet. It was about 80% of what she is normally capable of.

About Pe and Lina. Yeah it would have been good if Guillermo would have used Pe more, but if you take one player out to give her a rest, be it because she has a bad day digging or just can´t make a point, you "have to" bring her back, just to show her, i trust you, i know you can play better than that and also to not give her the feeling of she is, well, responsible for losing.

Myrthe had good attacks, but they were either not strong enough or just came too late. I mean, the first two sets, Vilsbiburg was litteraly not on the field. They made their points, but it just wasn´t enough. Schwerin played as a team from the beginning whereas Vilsbiburg seemed to have 6 individual players but not a team.
    But it´s ok. We can´t change anything, so now they have to focus on the league.

• Tomorrow is 24th Round in Bundesliga :win:

Topmatch is Münster - Dresdner SC :drink:

• Tomorrow is 24th Round in Bundesliga :win:

Topmatch is Münster - Dresdner SC :drink:

Actually tomorrow there are many interesting games. As you said Münster-Dresden is one of them. Others are Stuttgart-Schwerin (Cup winner 2011 vs Cup winner 2012), Vilsbiburg-Suhl (live on http://www.vib24.tv, Suhl is currently in very good form and on a high after reaching Challenge Cup semifinal and it will be interesting to see how Vilsbiburg reacts to the Cup final, I can imagine Suhl pulling off a surprise tomorrow), Wiesbaden-Köpenick (if Köpenick wins they can take 8th place if Stuttgart loses to Schwerin, if Wiesbaden wins they are sure in playoffs), Potsdam-Aachen (Potsdam needs to win to improve their chance to stay in the league) and last and least Leverkusen-VCO Berlin, they fight for 13th and 14th place :D

• 07. März 2012
    VCO Berlin - Leverkusen 2:3 (25:22 / 27:25 / 16:25 / 21:25 / 9:15)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2164.pdf
    MVP: Carina Aulenbrock / Jennifer Pettke

Potsdam - Aachen 3:0 (28:26 / 27:25 / 25:19)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2165.pdf
    MVP: Kristina Bognar / Jana Franziska Poll

Stuttgart - Schwerin 0:3 (12:25 / 21:25 / 24:26)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2162.pdf
    MVP: Tatjana Zautys / Denise Hanke

Münster - Dresden 0:3 (14:25 / 10:25 / 15:25) :white:
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2166.pdf
    MVP: Hana Cutura / Mareen Apitz

Wiesbaden - Köpenick 3:0 (25:12 / 25:14 / 25:13) :white:
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2167.pdf
    MVP: Ksenija Ivanovic / Kourtney Edwards

Vilsbiburg - Suhl 3:2 (27:29 / 22:25 / 25:19 / 25:18 / 15:7)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2168.pdf
    MVP: Renata Benedito / Vendula Merkova

Some interesting results today. Münster had to play without Libero Linda Dörendahl and Lonneke Sloetjes (both injured) and got totally destroyed by Dresden. According to Münster's coach, Dresden played a perfect match. Wiesbaden secured their spot in playoffs by equally destroying Köpenick (without Sandra Sell, but still they should have done better than that!). Potsdam made a big step towards saving their place in 1st league with the victory against Aachen, and Leverkusen will at least not go down to 2nd league as 14th ranked but as 13th ranked unless VCO Berlin can make a surprise in one of the remaining matches. Vilsbiburg needed two sets and several substitutions until they finally got going but in the end got a deserved victory against Suhl. 2nd setter Mona Elwassimy and Sarah Petrausch played a good game, I was surprised to see Mona play almost the whole match after she was too sick to even travel to Halle last weekend. Mira Djuric 5 aces from 15 serves :white:
    The fight for 8th place remains the same because also Stuttgart lost 0:3 today...in the last match of regular season Stuttgart and Köpenick meet each other, it might be a real final for 8th place.

• Next week is the last round of regular season, right?

So, could anybody already explain the play-offs formula?

Is it like 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 ?? And how many matches will be played between the teams? Only one home- and one away-game? And is set-ratio decisive, or will there be a Golden Set?

Thanks in advance :flower:

• Yes, two rounds of regular season remain, this weekend and next weekend. Only the match Schwerin-Suhl is postponed to 20 March because Suhl plays Challenge Cup semifinal in Baku on 18 March.
    Quarterfinal pairs are as you wrote, there will be one home and one away match (I think the lower ranked teams have the first home match, the higher ranked the second, but I'm not sure). If both teams win one match there will be a Golden Set like in European Cups. It will be the same formula for semifinals and finals.

By the way Linda Dörendahl didn't play against Dresden because of a tooth surgery and Lonneke Sloetjes because of back problems, it's not sure if they can play tomorrow against Aachen.