Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Latest news about Sloetjes: she has torn ligaments in her ankle :( So it is VERY unlikely that she can play again this season.

:( :(

• Report about Stuttgart-Dresden.

Bayer Leverkusen won't apply for license to play in 1st league again next season, so right now it's likely that next season only 12 teams will play in 1st league. Teams from 2nd leagues don't want to come up, Leverkusen doesn't want to stay and Sinsheim is bancrupt (but still hoping...).

Regina Burchardt will stay in Wiesbaden another year. Suzana Cebic will probably leave Suhl after the season and play in another country.

Tonight, 19.30 CET, live on http://www.vib24.tv the 2nd quarterfinal Vilsbiburg-Wiesbaden :) Other matches also take place today. In semifinals the best ranked from regular season will play against the worst ranked from regular season, so for example if Dresden (1st) goes to semifinal and Wiesbaden (7th) beats Vilsbiburg again they will meet in semifinal.
    Hamburg maybe has to play without their best player Lousi Souza Ziegler, she couldn't travel with the team due to stomach flu yesterday, maybe she will join the team today but it's not sure.

• Bayer Leverkusen won't apply for license to play in 1st league again next season, so right now it's likely that next season only 12 teams will play in 1st league. Teams from 2nd leagues don't want to come up, Leverkusen doesn't want to stay and Sinsheim is bancrupt (but still hoping...).

I´ve heard, Erfurt is bent on playing in 1st league next season. Quite frankly, i don´t see this happen...

• 28. März 2012
    Schwerin - Suhl 3:2 (23:25 / 22:25 / 28:26 / 25:13 / 15:9), Golden Set 17:15
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2189.pdf
    MVP: Mira Topic / Vendula Merkova

Dresden - Stuttgart 3:1 (25:14 / 25:23 / 24:26 / 25:18 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2187.pdf
    MVP: Mareen Apitz / Tatjana Zautys

Vilsbiburg - Wiesbaden 3:0 (25:19 / 25:19 / 25:21), Goldet Set 15:11
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2188.pdf
    MVP: Myrthe Schoot / Natalia Cukseeva

Münster - Hamburg 1:3 (25:21 / 18:25 / 24:26 / 21:25), Golden Set 15:8
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2190.pdf
    MVP: Andrea Berg / Paulina Gomulka

Suhl was one point away from semifinal at 24:23 in 3rd set but Schwerin kept the nerves and managed to turn the match around.

• Nikolina Kovacic improved a lot since last year.

• Schwerin :flower:

I think Dresden will have an easy ride to the play-off finals. Münster with only Cutura is too weak to threat Dresden (already losing today 1-3 at home to Hamburg)

Vilsbiburg - Schwerin will be a hard fight, even more since Djuric is available for Vilsbiburg (she wasn't in Cupfinal).

My prediction for Finals: Schwerin - Dresden :teach:

• Yes I think so too...Djuric was decisive in 3rd and Golden set today for Vilsbiburg, I even think she's in better shape than Mesa now. I'm still a little surprised that Schwerin had so much trouble against Suhl in both matches, but seems Suhl was extremely well prepared tactically. In 1st match Paty Thormann scored over 20 points with more than 60% in attack, today 5 of 14 attacks of her were blocked (I guess those were Kovacic's 5 block points). I think Suhl would also deserve to play in semifinal, if they had managed to finish 5th in regular season they'd have probably won against Münster in playoffs.

• Yes I think so too...Djuric was decisive in 3rd and Golden set today for Vilsbiburg, I even think she's in better shape than Mesa now. I'm still a little surprised that Schwerin had so much trouble against Suhl in both matches, but seems Suhl was extremely well prepared tactically. In 1st match Paty Thormann scored over 20 points with more than 60% in attack, today 5 of 14 attacks of her were blocked (I guess those were Kovacic's 5 block points). I think Suhl would also deserve to play in semifinal, if they had managed to finish 5th in regular season they'd have probably won against Münster in playoffs.

I think Suhl is a difficult opponent for Schwerin, because of 2 things: 1. I think Koslowski can prepare his team indeed tactically very well. 2. Suhl has many tall players and 2 powerhitters (Utla, Merkova)...If Schwerin's recpetion isn't that good, they play the same style with 2 powerhitters (Buijs, Topic).

Vilsbiburg and Dresden play a different style in my opinion and they have less tall players.

• Matthias, how do good do u think Mirjana Djuric is? She is serbian I can see, do u think she has potential to reach the NT in her career? Her stats looks really good at least. I have never seen her play though.

• Matthias, how do good do u think Mirjana Djuric is? She is serbian I can see, do u think she has potential to reach the NT in her career? Her stats looks really good at least. I have never seen her play though.

She played in Serbian Youth/Junior NTs and even won best server award at Junior ECH 2004. Then she went to study in America and played in NCAA, after her studies she first played in not so good leagues (Finland, Netherlands, Ukraine). I think her level is very good for German league, but Serbia has so many great talented players that I don't think she can be an option for their NT unfortunately.

• She played in Serbian Youth/Junior NTs and even won best server award at Junior ECH 2004. Then she went to study in America and played in NCAA, after her studies she first played in not so good leagues (Finland, Netherlands, Ukraine). I think her level is very good for German league, but Serbia has so many great talented players that I don't think she can be an option for their NT unfortunately.

I see, thx for answer :)