Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Great news for Münster :thumbup: The contracts of Cutura, Jelinkova, Dörendahl and some other players and also of coach Axel Büring also end after the season, I hope Münster can keep most of the current team. Axel Büring is coach there since almost 20 years so I'd be very surprised if he leaves.

[url]http://www.waltroper-zeitung.de/sport/lokalsport/muenster/USC-Coach-Buering-Der-Verein-weiss-wie-ich-denke;art1456,718234
    [/url]

In this interview, Büring said, "The USC is really something special for me. I'm in the club since 1978, coaching for 17 years. I would like to stay a few more years, especially now that we have played a successful season. But I also am a professional coach and must see how i can earn my money. The conditions must be right for both sides. President Matthias Fell told me that there will be talkings soon. Vice President Jürgen Schulz signaled, that the club would like to continue working with me."

• Match is going to 5th set. Schwerin won the first two, Dresden the next two. Schwerin's attackers Topic, Buijs and Thormann had very good % in first two sets (all over 50%) and Dresden had very low % in attack, but since 3rd set Dresden managed to control Schwerin's attackers much better and Dresden's MBs score a lot of attacks.

• Schwerin wins 5th set 15:10. Paty Thormann served from 5:6 until 12:6. Dresden came back from 7:13 to 10:13 but it wasn't enough. If I remember well from live stats, Denise Hanke scored 4 attacks in tie-break :thumbsup:
    Stats and more info soon.

• 11. April 2012
    Schwerin - Dresden 3:2 (25:16 / 27:25 / 19:25 / 17:25 / 15:10)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2195.pdf
    MVP: Patricia Thormann / Stefanie Karg

As expected, for Dresden the MBs played very well, for Schwerin the OHs and mainly Patricia Thormann. Dresden will need more contribution from position 4 on Saturday if they want to win, but it would also be good for Schwerin if their MBs can do better if they want to win again on Saturday.

• The winner of the final will get the ticket for next year's Champions League, it would be nice if we could have two teams again like this year. But it would be even nicer if our teams have a little more luck with their opponents than this year:

Schwerin played against:
    Cannes, CL silver medalist
    Villa Cortese, CL 4th place and finalist of Italian league
    Eczacibasi, Turkish champion 2012 and Schwerin almost beat them
    Busto Arsizio, winner of CEV Cup and Italian Cup, finalist and probably champion of Italian league, Schwerin took 3 sets from them in 2 matches

Dresden played against:
    Fenerbahce, CL champion and Dresden took a set from them
    Rabita, eliminated by Fenerbahce
    Mulhouse, eliminated because of defeat against Dresden
    Kazan, CL bronze medalist and probably Russian champion

Maybe next season German team(s) can get a little easier opponents and win more matches :win:

• Well, we´ll see. The question is, is one of the finalists, that already played in CL and know about the financial circumstances/condition, ready and willing to play in CL again.

From what i know, you have to pay a 100,000€ deposit to play there. In the first round, the group stage, you don´t get any of this money back. In addition to this 100,000€ deposit, you have to pay for flights, hotel bills and also have to pay hotel bills for the visiting team and so on.

After the group stage, you get a part of the deposit back, depending on how far a team succeeds, but still have to pay for the above mentioned things. So i guess, it´s really hard, especially for german teams, to balance their accounts, if at all possible.

Don´t get me wrong, i´d love to see one, or even both teams, in CL. Given the financial background of german teams as compared to other european teams, i doubt they will play in CL. But that´s just my 2 cents.
    As far as Dresden is concerned, i´m not sure if the City of Dresden is willing to pay them a 150,000 bucks again...

• Dresden at least had a full hall for most of their CL matches while in Schwerin attendance was rather disappointing, so I think the chances for Dresden to play CL are better than for Schwerin. On the other hand having the chance to play CL is good for players who could transfer to the team. I'm not sure if Mira Topic had stayed in Schwerin without CL...

• Even though you make it through the preliminary round, only then you´ll have to face the "big teams".
    Like i said, only after preliminary round you get parts of the deposit back, depending on how far a team succeeds. So let´s say for example, if you make it to the quarter finals you get 25,000 bucks back, but you won´t see any of the remaining 75,000€.

As far as full halls are concerned, the money you get from the crowd, is peanuts compared to what you have to pay while playing in CL, because you have to pay taxes on this gains and, as far as i know, also have to pay duties to the CEV.

I think there are talkings at the beginning of a season in which they tell players, that they are willing to play in CL, but also tell them of what a financial high-wire act it is for them to play there.

• From what i´ve heard now, Schwerin will not play CL, Dresden wants to play badly in CL. But i think, it depends on wether they get some more sponsors or if the City of Dresden will pay 150,000€ again....