Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Even though you make it through the preliminary round, only then you´ll have to face the "big teams".
    Like i said, only after preliminary round you get parts of the deposit back, depending on how far a team succeeds. So let´s say for example, if you make it to the quarter finals you get 25,000 bucks back, but you won´t see any of the remaining 75,000€.

As far as full halls are concerned, the money you get from the crowd, is peanuts compared to what you have to pay while playing in CL, because you have to pay taxes on this gains and, as far as i know, also have to pay duties to the CEV.

I think there are talkings at the beginning of a season in which they tell players, that they are willing to play in CL, but also tell them of what a financial high-wire act it is for them to play there.

It is indeed like that. Dutch teams stopped playing CL already several years ago, because of the same - financial reasons.

For small countries (leagues) it is impossble to play CL, even when they are entitled to...I don't understand CEV for this reason...Why do they make it so difficult for certain countries/clubs?

• TV-Übertragungen von Finalspielen

Die Entscheidungen um die Deutsche Meisterschaft in der Volleyball-Bundesliga wecken ein großes mediales Interesse. Mehrere Sendeanstalten haben Kurzberichte von den Finalspielen angekündigt.

Der Mitteldeutsche Rundfunk (MDR) wird sich am Samstagabend im Sachsen Spiegel ab 19:00 Uhr live in die Partie zwischen dem Dresdner SC und Schweriner SC einblenden. Eine Spielzusammenfassung ist in der Spätausgabe von Sport im Osten ab 22:50 Uhr geplant. Einen Rückblick auf die Meisterschaftsentscheidung gibt es am Sonntag ab 17:15 Uhr in der Sendung Sport im Osten.

Das ARD-Fernsehen wird am Samstagabend in den Tagesthemen ab 21:50 Uhr Bilder aus Dresden zeigen, während das ZDF einen Kurzbericht im Sportstudio ab 23:00 Uhr ins Auge fasst.

Der Norddeutsche Rundfunk (NDR) berichtet am Sonntagabend um 22:45 Uhr im Sportclub vom Finale der Frauen. Gelingt dem Pokalsieger das Double, wird das Team vom Schweriner SC auch als Studiogast erwartet.

Der regionale Privatsender Dresden Fernsehen zeigt am Montag ab 18 Uhr stündlich eine Zusammenfassung in der Drehscheibe. Das Spiel in kompletter Länge geht um 23 Uhr über den Sender.

Bilder vom dritten Play-off-Spiel der Männer zwischen Generali Haching und den BR Volleys gibt es ebenfalls in den regionalen Dritten Programmen. Der Bericht des Bayerischen Rundfunks (BR) läuft am Sonntagabend ab 21:45 Uhr im Blickpunkt Sport. Im Sportplatz des Radio Berlin-Brandenburg (RBB) wird am Sonntag ab 22 Uhr Björn Höhne von den BR Volleys zu Gast sein.

Raven or Matthias, is there a possibility of watching the match online on MDR? I will be in the Margaron Arena, but some friends will be watching the live stream if possible

• is there a possibility of watching the match online on MDR? I will be in the Margaron Arena, but some friends will be watching the live stream if possible

is there a possibility of watching the match online on MDR? I will be in the Margaron Arena, but some friends will be watching the live stream if possible

http://www.mdr.de/mediathek/li…hen/verteilseite1728.html but only from 19.00 I think??

• 150 000 euros to go in CL, right ...
    But a club can earn some money, with CL games, no ?

• 150 000 euros to go in CL, right ...
    But a club can earn some money, with CL games, no ?

100,000€ deposit to even be allowed to play there. In addition to that, you have to pay flights, hotel bills and so on...

The City of Dresden gave the club 150,000€ to play in CL.

You can only earn money after preliminary round. That´s when you get part of the 100,000€ back....like i said if, for example, you make it to the quarterfinals you get 25,000@€ back, but won´t see anything of the remaining 75,000 €.

• Grit Müller of Dresden will end her career today after playing 10 years for Dresden. Femke Stoltenborg will also leave Dresden after the season, probably their American players Tesha Harry and Anna Cmaylo also leave, they played very little this season due to injuries. If Dresden will play CL next year they should get a strong OH, that's what they are missing right now. Anne Matthes played amazing in 4th set of 1st final but she can't show this performance constantly.

• is there a possibility of watching the match online on MDR? I will be in the Margaron Arena, but some friends will be watching the live stream if possible

http://www.mdr.de/mediathek/li…hen/verteilseite1728.html but only from 19.00 I think??

I don't understand this..

What is the sense of a livestream at 19.00, while the match starts at 17:30 ???

• Grit Müller of Dresden will end her career today after playing 10 years for Dresden. Femke Stoltenborg will also leave Dresden after the season, probably their American players Tesha Harry and Anna Cmaylo also leave, they played very little this season due to injuries. If Dresden will play CL next year they should get a strong OH, that's what they are missing right now. Anne Matthes played amazing in 4th set of 1st final but she can't show this performance constantly.

It will be very difficult for Dresden to transfer a CL-level-OH...I don't see any available in Bundesliga..while transferrring from abroad is probably too expensive..

For Femke Stoltenborg, it is the right decision. She needs to become first setter next season anywhere. I presume she will transfer to Hamburg :win:

• I don't know if it is a livestream, but that's the name they give it in the article on site of Dresden. Is reagional tv,so may be we can see something....

The livestream is for MDR show Sachsenspiegel from 19.00 till 19.30 and in that show they will report live from the match. I expect that it will just be a 2 minutes report as usual :thumbdown: What bothers me most is that MDR has a livestream of a football match from 3rd league on their website this afternoon but not of a match for German championship :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• The livestream is for MDR show Sachsenspiegel from 19.00 till 19.30 and in that show they will report live from the match. I expect that it will just be a 2 minutes report as usual :thumbdown: What bothers me most is that MDR has a livestream of a football match from 3rd league on their website this afternoon but not of a match for German championship :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I saw that too... :box: :wall: ?(

• So, all we have is DVL-Ticker, what a joke :lol: :(

• Well, that's how important Volleyball is in Germany...some years ago the sports program director (or something like that) of MDR said in an interview that Volleyball is not an important sport and nobody wants to watch it :roll: :wall:

I know, Matthias. I don't understand even DSF is not interested in volleyball.

• Are there any good german websites about volleyball ? or a good and intact community / forum to talk about ?
    The dvv webpage is kinda borin . So does an alternative to this forum exist in german ? It would be nice to know that.

• Are there any good german websites about volleyball ? or a good and intact community / forum to talk about ?
    The dvv webpage is kinda borin . So does an alternative to this forum exist in german ? It would be nice to know that.

I don't think there is any, at least not a general one...some (fan-)clubs have forums, but I don't know how much they are used...

• I don't think there is any, at least not a general one...some (fan-)clubs have forums, but I don't know how much they are used...

thank you very much. Well I am user in this forum and in one turkish. But it would be nice to look after german volleyball aswell. Its sad that there is no webpages like the italian or turkish fan sites with lots of news and community stuff