Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Next season there will be no more Golden Sets in playoffs. QF and SF will be best of three, final best of five series.
    A broadcasting deal will be sealed within the next few weeks, clubs agreed on participating in production costs.

• Next season there will be no more Golden Sets in playoffs. QF and SF will be best of three, final best of five series.
    A broadcasting deal will be sealed within the next few weeks, clubs agreed on participating in production costs.

They are talking about broadcasting every week one or more matches or only play-off matches??

• They are talking about broadcasting every week one or more matches or only play-off matches??

I don't know how many matches will be broadcasted, but it will definitely be for the whole season. The article says it will start with the season opening matches in October. We will probably know more when the deal is fixed.

The clubs also agreed on introducing pre-playoffs (7th vs. 10th and 8th vs. 9th, men and women).

• So the only question before the start of the playoffs will be: which is the only team (apart from VCO Berlin) that does not qualify for playoffs? :roll:

The way i see it, there will still only be 8 teams in the playoffs, because two teams of the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th ranked will be out of the playoff ranks due to losses. Otherwise it would make no sense to play these pre-playoffs.
    But what must be very annoying is when, let´s say, the 9th and 10th ranked teams win and take the playoff spots of the 7th and 8th ranked team.
    And more annoying if the 9th and 10th ranked teams ain´t got no chance to reach the playoff ranks in terms of figures in the first place.

• The way i see it, there will still only be 8 teams in the playoffs, because two teams of the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th ranked will be out of the playoff ranks due to losses. Otherwise it would make no sense to play these pre-playoffs.
    But what must be very annoying is when, let´s say, the 9th and 10th ranked teams win and take the playoff spots of the 7th and 8th ranked team.
    And more annoying if the 9th and 10th ranked teams ain´t got no chance to reach the playoff ranks in terms of figures in the first place.

Basically that's what I mean, because with this system, the fight for playoff ranks during regular season won't be that important because the teams know that they still have a chance even if they finish outside top 8. Not sure if I like this system, I prefer the regular way with just 8 teams...

• Basically that's what I mean, because with this system, the fight for playoff ranks during regular season won't be that important because the teams know that they still have a chance even if they finish outside top 8. Not sure if I like this system, I prefer the regular way with just 8 teams...

Ok, first i thought, that you thought 10 teams would make it to the playoffs. My bad. I agree with you, i´m not too sure either, if i like this system. I prefer the regular way, too.

• The introduction of the pre-playoffs is a concession to the more and more shrinking season length. In the past the interational federations and their schedule significantly reduced the time, the players stay in their clubs. This - and the fact that the players cannot be given reduced salaries - more and more endangers the economic fundamentals of the clubs.
    So all clubs agreed that it would be necessary to extend the season, because the regular round will be finished on March 9th. The pre-playoffs were considered to be fairly the best way to do it. (Also it will allow a short break for the top 6 clubs that are supposed to have a more dense shedule because taking part in CEV competition.)

• Montenegro NT OH Ksenija Ivanovic renewed her contract in Wiesbaden, so they already have their roster for next season complete:

S: Martina Viestova (SVK), Meredith Schamun (USA)
    Opp: Heather Meyers (USA)
    OH: Regina Burchardt, Ksenija Ivanovic (MNE), Steffi Lehmann, Anna Hoja
    MB: Micheli Tomazela (BRA), Julia Osterloh, Barbara Wezorke, Rebecca Schäperklaus
    L: Erika Carvalho de Souza (BRA)

Decent team, but I don't think they'll be able to compete for top 4.

• As far as i know, Rebecca Schäperklaus will be / wants to be playin´ as Opp.

• VT Aurubis Hamburg signed Sarah Ammermann. The 24-year old outside hitter played for Maribor Nova KBM Branik since 2010.

• Kerstin Tzscherlich will play one more year in Dresden. On her side will be Junior NT libero Lisa Stock who has been promoted to Dresden's 1st team and shall learn from Tzscherlich next season.
    Tzscherlich will have knee surgery next week (I thought it was planned earlier) and need 6-8 weeks to recover but she will be ready for the season preparations.

• Allianz Volley Stuttgart signs Bulgarian setter Lora Kitipova, Spanish-Argentinian OH Silvana Olivera, Dutch MB Deborah Van Daelen (she will probably play as Opp) and young German players Lena Gschwendtner (L), Alessandra Jovy-Heusser (MB) and Svenja Engelhardt (OH). The club also wants to sign Serbian OH Jelena Vulin, there are still some details to settle but she will probably come.
    Nadja Schaus and Kim Renkema did not renew their contracts. Evelyn Delogu, Franziska Bremer and Tatjana Zautys will stay.

• Dutch MB Deborah Van Daelen (she will probably play as Opp)

Deborah is an original MB...she also played already as OH in Dutch League and French League...and now she will play as Opp??? Great :thumbsup: :P

It's a little like Judith Pietersen's story..(also an original MB..now playing as Opp).

By the way: I was wrong..because I expected Deborah to transfer to Hamburg... :aww:

• Deborah is an original MB...she also played already as OH in Dutch League and French League...and now she will play as Opp??? Great :thumbsup: :P

It's a little like Judith Pietersen's story..(also an original MB..now playing as Opp).

By the way: I was wrong..because I expected Deborah to transfer to Hamburg... :aww:

Stuttgart's coach Jan Lindenmair says she proved great potential as Opp in her French club, so he wants to use her that way as well.