Azerbaijan Superleague 2011/2012

• The video makes me crazy, but still I keep to watch it. 2nd set was more interesting. Pino played very good in attacks, Igtisadchi led 23-21 but they lost in the end 25-23

“Rabitə” - “İqtisadçı” - 3:0 (25:15, 25:23, 25-23)

I wish Pinedo and Pino played before , they were great. It is nice to watch them attacking ^^

1. Bakı 9 6 3 21-12 15
    2. Rabitə 7 7 0 21-1 14
    3. Azərreyl 7 6 1 18-7 13
    4. İqtisadçı 8 4 4 13-16 12
    5. Lokomotiv 7 4 3 15-9 11
    6. Azəryolservis 9 1 8 8-24 10
    7. Lokomotiv Biləcəri 9 0 9 0-27 9

Next round will be after 16 days.

• I think that the young Lora Kitipova includes very well in the match and helps with serve. I hope so for her in the future to have more chances to play because we need one more good setter because Nenova isn't good enough to be the only setter of Bulgaria.

• She went to Italy with team, and told to the club that she won't be able to play 3-4 months. Her contract is one year and Azerbaijan super league will finish during that time so they ended contract

with her. But now she is searching for new team to play? ?(

No she still cant play Nati. Acording to what she said she is recovering now with two doctors here in Rio. A report said she was training with Unilever, but today she told It is not true, she is being cared by Unilever doctors, but she is not training yet, like I wrote before. She said she will try to find a club maybe to play end of playoffs in Puerto Rico or Italy...cause in Brasil the market is close, and then she will try to come back in a club in Brasil for next season.

• all of this Hooker was saying also, that Doctor from Pesaro first told her she is OK and that she has just jumpers knee, than he said that he thinks she has something else.
    When she wen't to other doctor he told her that She needs to do surgery immediately or she can risk to have problem for the rest of her life with that knee, as you can see it was not just volleyball in question but also all life she could have problem, than eventually she send to her doctor in USA, CD with MRI and he told her same as second doctor that she needs to quit any activity and make surgery immediately, while first doctor (team doctor) and club Pesaro doctor was still defending stance that she is OK and that she should play champions league F4. Club told her that after F4 she can go home to do surgery, to me all of this is telling that Pesaro was nothing better than Iqtisadchi in case of Erica. Destinee was out of Volleyball for couple months and Erica by her words will be ready in couple weeks, so as USFAN said its just double standards by Joanna that is not right here.

• No she still cant play Nati. Acording to what she said she is recovering now with two doctors here in Rio. A report said she was training with Unilever, but today she told It is not true, she is being cared by Unilever doctors, but she is not training yet, like I wrote before. She said she will try to find a club maybe to play end of playoffs in Puerto Rico or Italy...cause in Brasil the market is close, and then she will try to come back in a club in Brasil for next season.

and all of that is really crap from side of Iqtisadchi, unfortunately they will never be taken serious while they deal with injuries and not just injuries but also other situation as they did in case of Erica or not only Erica. Somehow everybody forgot that first season Iqtisadchi changed around 12 player in one season.
    Not the way to build name to the club and write history of Azerbaijan volleyball, but if AZE federation (Faik) allowed that we can just talk about it.

• Match Statistics

RABITA - IGTISADCHI
    3:0 (25:15, 25:23, 25:23)

• 5 (not 4) teams will compete in final round. As the 5 teams will represent Azerbaijan in European Cups, they changed number of the teams in final round.

In final round there will be 2 rounds, first games In Guba and the second games in Baku. All teams will begin with 0 point.

• I wonder how many spectators the games of Azeri national championships do attract. Have Azeri people take interest in local games? I don't want to offend anybody but from the side all this Azeri women volley bonanza looks very artificial and hard to believe that it will last for a long time. This league hardly have any home grown players, do local people have in games between all foreigners? Besides eurocups i mean it's obvious that then national flag is raised there will be good support.

• I'm having a problem with the Telestad.com stream and wondering if anyone there might know what's going on. Channel 2 wants me to download an update, but it is not made for Apple Mac computers, only for Windows supported computers or PC's. Anyone else having this problem?? I used to be able to watch all 4 channels, now I can only view Channel 1. Any help would be appreciated. If I can't watch at Telestad.com Channel 2 for the Azeri games, is there a different website to watch games?? Thanks!! :sos:

• @ semisonic.

About fans, there is no problem. in European matches arena is always full, in important league matches the same. Kavalchuk who played in 4 years in Kazan told that there is more interest to volleyball in Baku. I think 4-5 years ago they didn't have very much knowledge about the foreign players or leagues, but nowadays there are fans I know go to European matches for one special player.

About local players I explained it many times, it has long story. there was no infrastructure before. There was war ( of course during the war u can't demand from people to interest in sport) and then FIVB ban to national team. Only after 2000 people interested in volleyball and as volleyball getting popular, nowadays people send their children to volleyball schools. So I think after 8-10 years we can see local players. I hope that time local players will lead our teams and league :wavy:

@aph06 I can watch from PC, maybe it just for Mac.

• Thank you for your answer, Nati!
    I personally would be very delighted if volley schools in Azerbaijan will produce world class players again as they did in Soviet days. I remember myself going to the games of USSR championships and there was a very strong team from Baku and strong volley school back then. So Azeri volleyball has a very good pedigree and I have no doubt that eveythiing will be fine, just hope that the authorities won't change their mind about developing volleyball in Azerbaijan.
    Excuse me please if I ask the questions you're tired of answering but it's still a mistery to me - why Natasha Skazka and Polina Petrashko have charged their surnames? As I know they didn't get married. Parkhomenko hasn't changed here surname so it's not a law as I see it. Was it their choise or they were told do it?

• As far as I know, the azerbaidschani law for citizenship says, if a foreigner gets the citizenship he/she has to take an aserbaidschani name. Once Natasha Mammadova gave an interview and she said it like that !

• There is no rule like that! if you want you can take of course!!! But it is not obligatory.
    Parkhomenko sisters like Korotenko were born in Baku and they did not need to change their surnames!!!

• Excuse me please if I ask the questions you're tired of answering but it's still a mistery to me - why Natasha Skazka and Polina Petrashko have charged their surnames? As I know they didn't get married. Parkhomenko hasn't changed here surname so it's not a law as I see it. Was it their choise or they were told do it?

I see that many people think Parkhomenko sisters and Korotenko are nationalized (maybe because of their surnames).But Azerbaijan is multinational country and as Ilgar told Parkhomekno and Korotenko were born in Azerbaijan ( I think their parents also), according to Azerbaijan Constitution anybody who was born in Azerbaijan are considered Azerbaijanis :D

And I don't know about the law to change your surname to get citizenship, but I think maybe our federation wanted them to change their surnames.