NEW: Swiss Volleyball League 2012/2013

• An external contributor has just confirmed to me that the American player, Lindsey Davigeadono, would finally join VBC Fribourg (1st Regional League) for the upcoming season. Her original plan was to go play in France but her contract fell through.

• Voléro Zürich vertieft Netzwerk in Italien

Der Schweizer Meister und Cupsieger aus Zürich geht eine enge Partnerschaft mit dem italienischen A1-Club Sirio Pallavolo Perugia ein. Mit dieser Partnerschaft positioniert sich Voléro Zürich als internationaler Ausbildungsclub, der seinen Spielerinnen den Anschluss an die Weltspitze ermöglicht. Als Sportchef des italienischen Spitzenvereins wird künftig Bojan Simurina, Direktor von SB-Community und langjähriger Partner von Voléro Zürich, tätig sein.

Zürich, 29. Juli 2010 – Seit der Gründung der Voléro Zürich AG im Jahr 2003 hat sich das Netzwerk des Zürcher Clubs und um VR-Präsidenten Stav Jacobi ständig erweitert. Mit der Zusammenarbeit mit VC Uralochka (RUS), Allianz Volley Stuttgart (GER), RC Cannes (FRA) und Spartak Omsk (RUS) sowie den Nationalteams Serbien, Bulgarien und Weissrussland konnte Voléro Zürich bereits seit Jahren auf einen internationalen Austausch bauen. Die Partnerschaft mit Sirio Pallavolo Perugia wird jedoch sehr viel konkreter sein: „Durch die Zusammenarbeit haben wir einen engen Partner gewonnen, mit welchem wir auch über die Entwicklung des italienischen Traditionsclubs mitentscheiden können“, sagt Stav Jacobi. „Ziel von Voléro Zürich ist es, als Ausbildungsclub junge Spielerinnen mit europäischem Format zu entwickeln und sie via italienischer Liga zur internationalen Spitze zu führen.“

Sportdirektor von beiden Präsidenten gemeinsam ernannt

Der Präsident von Sirio Pallavolo Perugia, Alfonso Orabona, und Stav Jacobi haben Ende Juni im Rahmen der strategischen Clubgespräche den künftigen Sportdirektor vom A1-Club bestimmt: Bojan Simurina. Er ist in der Volleyballszene vor allem durch seine Tätigkeit bei SB-Community, eine der grössten Spielerinnen-Agenturen in Europa, bekannt. Simurina wird unter anderem verantwortlich sein für die Umsetzung der strategischen Planung sowie zur langfristigen Positionierung von Sirio Pallavolo Perugia. „Dank der umfangreichen Erfahrung und seinem grossen Netzwerk wird dem italienischen Club eine Neuausrichtung gelingen“, ist Voléro-Präsident Stav Jacobi überzeugt. „Die Neuerungen im Hause Sirio sind erst am Anfang, auch wenn die Gestaltung des Kaders 2010/2011 bereits an einem guten Punkt angelangt ist. Wir planen ein Team, das die richtige Dosierung zwischen Athletik, Technik und Enthusiasmus in sich vereint. Und mit der Arbeit von Bojan Simurina soll das Team in den nächsten Jahren absolut wettbewerbsfähig sein - auch aus finanzieller Sicht.“

• A message found on the Internet on a social network attests that the American libero, Devon Sutherland, is still playing for VB Franches-Montagnes this upcoming season: “Currently living in southern California until September, then its back to Switzerland for some more volley.”

• Olga Sazhina, new member of Sirio Perugia in Italy, renewed knee injury during the preparation of the Russian National Team. Knowing the importance of surgery and even more the recovery, after consultations with Stav Jacobi, it was decided that Sazhina will stay in Zurich. After full recovery she will play for VBC Voléro Zürich untill the end of season 2010/11. If possible, Olga will be back on court after four months to help Voléro in the Champions league.

• Does Onuma Sittirak, current player of the Thai National Team, really leave Volley Köniz? A press release on the NNT’s website seems to affirm to contrary. Unless the story is mistaken.

Anyway. Onuma Sittirak, that played for Volley Köniz last two seasons, had/has signed a contract to play professionally for nine months gained in a contract worth a million THB. That means about CHF 32000.–. She had/will have probably allowance in kind but even so, Onuma did/does obviously not play for the money. Respect.

(Source: National News Bureau of Thailand. http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255307300028)

• Florian Steingruber, as denoted by mistake, was of course not the coach of VBC Cheseaux last season. Carole Crittin was filling that function and will do so next season as well.

• That’s the last news I got from VBC Cheseaux. Obviously many girls were missing the team since three of them join it again.

Renewed contracts: Carole Crittin (SUI), coach, Aline Matter (SUI), Annik Skrivan (SUI), Marine Hämmerli (SUI), Ana Paula Santos (BRA).

Recruitments: Joëlle Da Fonseca (SUI/FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen), Leila Chaignat (SUI), Florence Belluzzo (SUI/VBC Cossonay), Mélissa Jäger (SUI/VBC Cheseaux II), Vanessa Da Silva Jorge (BRA/Volley Toggenburg).

Departures: Aïda Shouk (SUI/VC Kanti Schaffhausen), Inès Granvorka (SUI/VBC Voléro Zürich), Emmy Blouin (CAN, Sollentuna VK), Ingrid Volpi-Preti (BRA), Kathleen Berger (SUI/VBC Ecublens), Maude Lavanchy (SUI/VBC Cossonay).

• Starting a couple of weeks ago, I sent an e-mail to most of NLA and NLB clubs. My intention was just to grab some information on the teams and especially on the transfers. Can you imagine that not a single person gave me a simple answer? It would have been very easy to respond in just a few words that they’re not interested in giving that kind of information or anything else, what I could have understood. But disregarding like that, is so unprofessional. The less a club must do, is to take care, at least a little bit, of its fans. Unfortunately, some people prefer not to give a hand, so affraid they are to lose the entire arm. But the exception proves the rule. Three spontaneous contributors, caring for their respective clubs, gave me some hot news. Thanks a lot! All the help is welcome to make that thread live! Thanks in advance.

You must understand that the Swiss second-division teams are all full-amateurs. Therefore - during summertime, the management is usually on vacation... I expect that your (excellent) idea will come through progressively during August and September.

No panic... Swiss Federation only asks for complete licence lists for Aug. 31st ! :down:

• This information needs to be confirmed but the twin towers might disembark in Düdingen. Of course, I’m not talking of skyscrapers. Some rumors announce that the tallest twins in the world (201 cm or 6'7") are about to sign with FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen. As a result of my research their names sound like Ann and Claire Recht, former members of the American University Eagles.

So, Düdingen would certainly host the tallest team of the Swiss Volleyball League: Ann Recht (201 cm), Claire Recht (201 cm), Marta Ostrowska (190 cm), Renata Lùcia Schmutz (188 cm), Emeli Carolina Schaffer (187 cm). Marta Ostrowska beeing the tallest setter I have ever seen. But tending too high to the sky could make Düdingen fly above the summit, that is to say miss the Swiss Championship title.

• Massive transfer movements in Switzerland

BIP, a professional volleyball agency that is very busy in Switzerland, has just announced several transfers. As I enunciated some time ago, Brianna Barry, is finally joining VB Franches-Montagnes. There, she will find Emily Day that renewed her contract as well as Taylor Carico.

Lauren Ford, a 189 cm tall U.S. middle blocker, will join Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen.

After having recruited Mindi Wiley and Brittney Murrey, Volley Köniz will greet a third U.S. player libero called Roberta Holehouse.

Also good news from Schaffhausen, as the local club VC Kanti has renewed with the middle blocker Ellen Orchard. The staff should probably also start learning Swedish given that Lena Andersson, a player of the Swedish National team, will join her compatriot Lina Sundström at VC Kanti Schaffhausen.

Airial Salvo had already been announced by Sagres Neuchâtel UC a few weeks ago, so BIP’s announcement is not a surprise.

• Where is the truth ??

When I read different transfers, I do not understand how is possible to find a new arrival to Biel-Bienne, as Nadine Goldi, and the same girl to VBC Schaffausen (LNB) ?? Are they twin sisters or a "clone" ? :D

• Where is the truth ??

When I read different transfers, I do not understand how is possible to find a new arrival to Biel-Bienne, as Nadine Goldi, and the same girl to VBC Schaffausen (LNB) ?? Are they twin sisters or a "clone" ? :D

Impressive!!! I thought that nobody would notice.

The fact is that I read a couple of contradictory press releases. In the first one, VBC Schaffhausen’s spokesperson was pretending that Nadine Göldi had signed with its club and not with VBC Biel-Bienne, as announced. But in the second press release introducing VBC Biel-Bienne and the upcoming season, Nadine Göldi clearly appears in Biel-Bienne’s team roster. Her name also appears in the editorial. So who’s wrong, who’s right?

Perhaps that one or the other information is false or then Nadine Göldi might play under two licenses (but I think that she is too old for that because of a supposable age limit).

But thank you for the circumstantial reading. Have you noticed other mistakes or contradictions? ;)

• Transfers National League B: departures

VBC Val-de-Travers: Camille Dubois ; Liticia Machado ; Lizell Jackson ?; Romain Claudel (entr.)

Transfers National League B: recruitments

VBC Val-de-Travers: Alessandro Lodi (entr.)

Transfers National League B: renewals and still running contracts

VBC Val-de-Travers: Ariane Wenger ; Shirley Rey; Magaly Roy ; Jessica Cambres

• Nowadays, no one should be ignoring networking. Voléro’s President Stav Jacobi is probably a World Champion in that specific domain. Thanks to collaborations with Uralochka Ekaterinburg, Allianz Volley Stuttgart, RC Cannes, Spartak Omsk and the national teams of Serbia, Bulgaria and Belarus, VBC Voléro Zürich has been able to build solid international exchanges. Today, the winner of the Swiss championship is developing a close partnership with Sirio Perugia, a traditional Italian club.

• VBC Aadorf:
    Petra Brühwiler (SUI)
    Corinne Eigenmann (SUI)
    Isabelle Forrer (SUI)
    Daniela Hauser (SUI)
    Julia Kölli (SUI)
    Lina König (SUI)
    Katie Virr (GBR)
    Adriana Weber (SUI)

VBC Cossonay:

VBC Ecublens:

VBC Glaronia Glarus:

TSV Jona:

Volley Future Köniz:

Volley Lugano:

FC Luzern:

VBC Volleya Obwalden:

VB Fides Ruswil:

VBC Galina Schaan:
    Monica Marxer (SUI)
    Petra Schifferle-Walser (SUI)
    Lena Vogrin (SUI)

VBC Schaffhausen:
    Véronique Ullmann (SUI)
    Cornelia Kolb (SUI)
    Sandy Gottfried (SUI)
    Tanja Mühlethaler (SUI)
    Bianca Fleck (SUI)
    Mélanie Pauli (SUI), coach

VBC Steinhausen:
    Andrea Arnold (SUI)
    Nina Betschart (SUI)
    Laura Breuss (SUI)
    Nicole Eiholzer (SUI)
    Denise Feer (SUI)
    Claudia Hofstetter (SUI)
    Fabienne Nietlispach (SUI)
    Emma Preston (USA)
    Denise Schneider (SUI)
    Angela Teucher (SUI)
    Anika Zuurendonk (NED).
    Andreas Grasreiner (GER), coach

VB Therwil:
    Andrina Nussbaumer (SUI)
    Carina Nougaeva (SUI)
    Manuela Burkhard (SUI)
    Tanja Lüdin (SUI)
    Jasmine Cottet (SUI)
    Jeannine Örtle (SUI)
    Sonja Strebel (SUI)

Volley Toggenburg:

VBC Val-de-Travers:
    Ariane Wenger (SUI)
    Shirley Rey (SUI)
    Magaly Roy (SUI)
    Jessica Cambres Corredera (ESP)
    Elizabeth Jackson (USA)
    Alexia Nobs (SUI)

• VBC Aadorf:
    Merlin Fagu (ALB/FKB Volley Düdingen)
    Jenny Flachsmann (SUI/VBC Aadorf II)
    Stefanie Wäckerlin (SUI/VBC Aadorf II)
    Loue Wyder

VBC Cossonay:
    Maude Lavanchy (SUI/VBC Cheseaux)

VBC Ecublens:
    Kathleen Berger (SUI/VBC Cheseaux)
    Jenna Maddocks (USA)

VBC Glaronia Glarus:
    Michaela Schneider (SUI)
    Manuela Isenring (SUI/Volley Toggenburg)
    Lea Werfeli (SUI/VBC Glaronia Glarus)
    Fiona Bottega (SUI/VBC Glaronia Glarus)
    Nicole Kamer (SUI/Seat Volley Näfels)
    Veronika Tomšíková (SVK/PVK Přerov, Czech Rep.)
    Katarína Pozorová (SVK/TJ Spoje Bratislava, Slovakia)

TSV Jona:

Volley Future Köniz:
    Vera Lienhart (SUI/Sagres Neuchâtel UC)

Volley Lugano:

FC Luzern:

VBC Volleya Obwalden:

VB Fides Ruswil:

VBC Galina Schaan:
    Jessica Lukas (SUI/VBC Galina Schaan juniors)
    Corina Schmuck (SUI/VBC Galina Schaan juniors)
    Esther Vetsch (SUI/VBC Galina Schaan II)
    Melanie Büchel (SUI/VBC Galina Schaan II)
    Laura Marxer (SUI/VBC Biel-Bienne)
    Claudia Hasler (SUI)
    Ramona Kaiser (SUI)
    Linda Damerau (SUI/SSG Etzbach)

VBC Schaffhausen:
    Christine Gisi (SUI/Neuenkirch VB)
    Barbara Marxer (SUI/VBC Galina Schaan)
    Marija Pusic (SUI/VBC Schaffhausen II)
    Lara Bolli (SUI/VBC Schaffhausen II)

VBC Steinhausen:

VB Therwil:
    Simone Bein (SUI/Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen)
    Anja Breitenmoser (SUI)
    Rebekka Buser (SUI/VBC Laufen)
    Caroline Häfeli (SUI/VB Therwil II)
    Sanja Ristic (SUI/VB Therwil II)
    Michaela Vacilotto (SUI/VBC Laufen)
    Selina Pfiffner (SUI/Volley Muri Bern)

Volley Toggenburg:

VBC Val-de-Travers:
    Alessandro Lodi (ITA), coach
    Shema Asllanaj (KOS)
    Giulia Robbiani (SUI)
    Isabelle Aeschlimann (SUI)
    Juline Lherbette (SUI)

• VBC Aadorf:
    Aylin Baghdady (SUI/VC Kanti Schaffhausen II)
    Ladina Breuss (SUI/VBC Züri Unterland)
    Eleonora Georgieva (BUL/coach)
    Tanja Scharpf (SUI/studies)

VBC Cossonay:

VBC Ecublens:

VBC Glaronia Glarus:
    Jennifer Senftleben (USA)
    Keri Anglin (USA)
    Denise Dal Fuoco (SUI)
    Maja Weibel (SUI/VBC Glaronia Glarus II)
    Mariya Tabunscic-Kovalchuk (SUI/VBC Voléro Zürich)
    Linda Kronenberg (SUI/VBC Biel-Bienne)

TSV Jona:

Volley Future Köniz:

Volley Lugano:

FC Luzern:

VBC Volleya Obwalden:

VB Fides Ruswil:

VBC Galina Schaan:
    Anouk van Wijk (NED)
    Bianca van der Helm (NED)
    Barbara Marxer (SUI/VBC Schaffhausen)
    Petra Kluker (SUI)
    Agniezka Kowalcyk (POL/VBC Galina Schaan II)
    Bettina Mähr (SUI), break

VBC Schaffhausen:

VBC Steinhausen:

VB Therwil:
    Michelle Weber (SUI)
    Jeannine Örtle (SUI)
    Tanja Lüdin (SUI)
    Simone Faé (SUI /VB Therwil III)
    Joana Winter (SUI/Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen)

Volley Toggenburg:

VBC Val-de-Travers:
    Romain Claudel (FRA), coach
    Camille Dubois (SUI)
    Liticia Machado (SUI)

• Nowadays, no one should be ignoring networking. Voléro’s President Stav Jacobi is probably a World Champion in that specific domain. Thanks to collaborations with Uralochka Ekaterinburg, Allianz Volley Stuttgart, RC Cannes, Spartak Omsk and the national teams of Serbia, Bulgaria and Belarus, VBC Voléro Zürich has been able to build solid international exchanges. Today, the winner of the Swiss championship is developing a close partnership with Sirio Perugia, a traditional Italian club.

Well - I agree with the networking idea. But I don't see where Volero is going from there. They are going to smash any national contradictor and could win the league playing on one leg or with 6 substitutes on the field. I imagine therefore that their aim is the European League exclusively.
    Furthermore, we learned yesterday that the Swiss Federation has signed a contract with Volero so they have an exclusive training center for the players of the National Team. What will be left for the other clubs then ? Only those like Köniz or VFM that can set up fully professional sides with foreign players will even oppose Volero. And recruitment shows that teams like Düdingen or Sm'Aesch, about whom rumors of cash problems arise daily, have decided to "follow or bust". This Swiss League is looking to me more and more like a poker game. And not a good one. Except Volero, all the others are sure to loose at the end. :aww: