NEW: Swiss Volleyball League 2012/2013

• Seen from the outside, I’m wondering if the collaboration between VBC Voléro Zürich and SwissVolley is really appropriate. How would it be possible to marry the Swiss National Team’s interests with those of any club team, without distorting the national championship? That agreement leads to an intolerable situation of favoritism, which is contrary to the elementary rules of sportsmanship. Major national interests are not higher than those of the clubs. SwissVolley’s agreement gives an advantage to Voléro which the club doesn’t need.

• Seen from the outside, I’m wondering if the collaboration between VBC Voléro Zürich and SwissVolley is really appropriate. How would it be possible to marry the Swiss National Team’s interests with those of any club team, without distorting the national championship? That agreement leads to an intolerable situation of favoritism, which is contrary to the elementary rules of sportsmanship. Major national interests are not higher than these of the clubs. SwissVolley’s agreement gives an advantage to Voléro which that club doesn’t need.

Swiss National Team needs the best conditions to be ready for CEV 2013 European Championship. Only Voléro Zurich has the power and money to create a National Training Center. That's why for Swiss Federation there was only ONE choice to go - with Voléro Zurich.

To give the other clubs a good chance to survive, Swiss Volley should limit the foreign players on court to 3! That would oblige Swiss clubs to push more Swiss players AND to pay them like they pay cheap foreign players (1'500/month). We know about Bosman case for EU players, but a limit of 3 non-EU players would have huge effects (USA, Brazil) for some clubs.

We'll see.. Let's continue to work hard.

• Well - I agree with the networking idea. But I don't see where Volero is going from there. They are going to smash any national contradictor and could win the league playing on one leg or with 6 substitutes on the field. I imagine therefore that their aim is the European League exclusively.
    Furthermore, we learned yesterday that the Swiss Federation has signed a contract with Volero so they have an exclusive training center for the players of the National Team. What will be left for the other clubs then ? Only those like Köniz or VFM that can set up fully professional sides with foreign players will even oppose Volero. And recruitment shows that teams like Düdingen or Sm'Aesch, about whom rumors of cash problems arise daily, have decided to "follow or bust". This Swiss League is looking to me more and more like a poker game. And not a good one. Except Volero, all the others are sure to loose at the end. :aww:

Your information is not correct. Swiss clubs are doing a good financial management. Franches-Montagnes had huge problems paying their players and coaches 2-3 years ago, but all the other teams are working seriously. Check the situation in Spain or Italy and you'll see the difference. "Follow or bust" is wrong. Do you have any examples of clubs from the past? Reality is different my friend..

• I agree with the fact that the Swiss National Team needs the best conditions. I also agree with the fact that SwissVolley had only one choice, which means heading a national center adapted to their financial situation or, why not, supportered by an uncommitted sponsor. But the national interests are not to be confounded with the club’s interests. I’m saying it again, that’s distorting the Swiss championship. National team and clubs have to live separately. If SwissVolley has no cash, it’s not Voléro’s problem.

• Swiss National Team needs the best conditions to be ready for CEV 2013 European Championship. Only Voléro Zurich has the power and money to create a National Training Center. That's why for Swiss Federation there was only ONE choice to go - with Voléro Zurich.

To give the other clubs a good chance to survive, Swiss Volley should limit the foreign players on court to 3! That would oblige Swiss clubs to push more Swiss players AND to pay them like they pay cheap foreign players (1'500/month). We know about Bosman case for EU players, but a limit of 3 non-EU players would have huge effects (USA, Brazil) for some clubs.

We'll see.. Let's continue to work hard.

Can't fully agree with this. Yes, Volero IS the best organization if we want a chance not to be ridiculous in the European Championships. But it does mean that until 2014, the championship is "put aside". I don't mind Volero being the best team in the country if they can find the management, the money and if they do a good job of it. But let's be quite clear : there are no more than 10 or 12 players in the whole of Switzerland with barely a level that can be compared to other european championships (talking about the women, of course). Most of them will be in Zürich... "out of the reach" teams such as Geneva, Bellinzona or VFM don't stand a chance unless they come up with millions and can manage a professional team with nearly only foreigners...
    So at one point, there was a balance of interests that was put down : National Team versus Interest of the championship. We now know the answer. Problem remains that as long as we can't get a permanent and national media interest in our championship, we'll never get out of this negative loop because we'll continue to have a hard time bringing young girls to our sport...
    At this point, I'm wondering if the best would not simply have been to withdraw the 12-15 best player from the championship as such, and proposed to have the national team play as a club side in the championship... Of course, this also has a major drawback, since it means that teams with many international players will be strongly jeopardized...
    Is there a solution ???? :sos:

• Sat.-Sun. 25-26/9/2010 Swiss Supercup in Köniz

Sat.-Sun. 2-3/10/2010
    Sagres Neuchâtel UC vs. VC Kanti Schaffhausen 1:3 23:25 25:21 17:25 19:25 (400 spectators)
    Hôtel Cristal VFM vs. VBC Voléro Zürich 0:3 20:25 16:25 20:25
    Volley Köniz vs. Genève Volley 3:0 25:22 25:15 25:23
    VBC Cheseaux vs. FKB Volley Düdingen 1:3 25:14 20:25 19:25 20:25 (200 spectators)
    Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen vs. VBC Biel-Bienne 3:0 25:14 25:16 25:8 (200 spectators)

Sat. 9/10/2010
    VBC Biel-Bienne vs. Sagres Neuchâtel UC 0:3 17:25 13:25 16:25
    VC Kanti Schaffhausen vs. Hôtel Cristal VFM 3:0 25:20 25:22 25:20
    FKB Volley Düdingen vs. Volley Köniz 1:3 22:25 25:20 21:25 24:26
    Genève Volley vs. Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen 1:3 23:25 21:25 25:22 16:25
    VBC Voléro Zürich vs. VBC Cheseaux 3:0 25:18 25:19 25:8

Sun. 10/10/2010
    Genève Volley vs. VBC Voléro Zürich 0:3 16:25 24:26 25:27
    Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen vs. Hôtel Cristal VFM 1:3 25:18 26:28 24:26 23:25
    Volley Köniz vs. VC Kanti Schaffhausen 2:3 26:24 19:25 24:26 25:16 12:15
    Sagres Neuchâtel UC vs. FKB Volley Düdingen 3:1 25:23 25:11 17:25 26:24
    VBC Cheseaux vs. VBC Biel-Bienne 3:2 25:22 23:25 19:25 25:15 15:6

Sat.-Sun. 16-17/10/2010
    VBC Voléro Zürich vs. Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen 3:0 25:17 25:11 25:13
    VBC Biel-Bienne vs. FKB Volley Düdingen 1:3 25:23 18:25 18:25 21:25
    Hôtel Cristal VFM vs. Genève Volley 3:1 25:21 23:25 25:15 26:24
    VC Kanti Schaffhausen vs. VBC Cheseaux 3:1 25:19 25:21 17:25 25:12 (365 spectators)
    Sagres Neuchâtel UC vs. Volley Köniz 3:1 32:30 23:25 25:23 28:26 (600 spectators)

Sat. 23/10/2010
    Volley Köniz – VBC Biel-Bienne
    FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen – VBC Voléro Zürich
    Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen – VC Kanti Schaffhausen
    VBC Cheseaux – VB Franches-Montagnes
    Genève Volley – Sagres Neuchâtel UC

Sun. 24/10/2010
    VBC Cheseaux – Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen
    VC Kanti Schaffhausen – FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen
    VBC Biel-Bienne – Genève Volley
    Sagres Neuchâtel UC – VBC Voléro Zürich
    VB Franches-Montagnes – Volley Köniz

Sat.-Sun. 30-31/10/2010
    Volley Köniz – VBC Cheseaux
    FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen – Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen
    Genève Volley – VC Kanti Schaffhausen
    VB Franches-Montagnes – Sagres Neuchâtel UC
    VBC Voléro Zürich – VBC Biel-Bienne

Sat.-Sun. 6-7/11/2010
    VBC Cheseaux – Genève Volley
    FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen – VB Franches-Montagnes
    VBC Biel-Bienne – VC Kanti Schaffhausen
    Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen – Sagres Neuchâtel UC
    VBC Voléro Zürich – Volley Köniz

Sat.-Sun. 13-14/11/2010
    Genève Volley – FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen
    Volley Köniz – Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen
    Sagres Neuchâtel UC – VBC Cheseaux
    VB Franches-Montagnes – VBC Biel-Bienne
    VC Kanti Schaffhausen – VBC Voléro Zürich

Sat.-Sun. 20-21/11/2010
    FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen – VBC Cheseaux
    Genève Volley – Volley Köniz
    VBC Biel-Bienne – Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen
    VBC Voléro Zürich – VB Franches-Montagnes
    VC Kanti Schaffhausen – Sagres Neuchâtel UC

Sat.-Sun. 27-28/11/2010
    VBC Cheseaux – VBC Voléro Zürich
    Volley Köniz – FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen
    Sagres Neuchâtel UC – VBC Biel-Bienne
    Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen – Genève Volley
    VB Franches-Montagnes – VC Kanti Schaffhausen

Sat.-Sun. 4-5/12/2010
    VBC Biel-Bienne – VBC Cheseaux
    VBC Voléro Zürich – Genève Volley
    VC Kanti Schaffhausen – Volley Köniz
    FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen – Sagres Neuchâtel UC
    VB Franches-Montagnes – Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen

Sat.-Sun. 11-12/12/2010
    VBC Cheseaux – VC Kanti Schaffhausen
    FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen – VBC Biel-Bienne
    Genève Volley – VB Franches-Montagnes
    Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen – VBC Voléro Zürich
    Volley Köniz – Sagres Neuchâtel UC

Sat. 18/12/2010
    VBC Biel-Bienne – Volley Köniz
    VBC Voléro Zürich – FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen
    VC Kanti Schaffhausen – Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen
    VB Franches-Montagnes – VBC Cheseaux
    Sagres Neuchâtel UC – Genève Volley

Sun. 19/12/2010 Swiss Cup

Sat.-Sun. 8-9/1/2011
    Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen – VBC Cheseaux
    FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen – VC Kanti Schaffhausen
    Genève Volley – VBC Biel-Bienne
    VBC Voléro Zürich – Sagres Neuchâtel UC
    Volley Köniz – VB Franches-Montagnes

Sat.-Sun. 15-16/1/2011
    VBC Cheseaux – Volley Köniz
    Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen – FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen
    VC Kanti Schaffhausen – Genève Volley
    Sagres Neuchâtel UC – VB Franches-Montagnes
    VBC Biel-Bienne – VBC Voléro Zürich

Sat. 22/1/2011
    Genève Volley – VBC Cheseaux
    VB Franches-Montagnes – FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen
    VC Kanti Schaffhausen – VBC Biel-Bienne
    Sagres Neuchâtel UC – Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen
    Volley Köniz – VBC Voléro Zürich

Sun. 23/1/2011 National Team

Sat. 29/1/2011
    FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen – Genève Volley
    Sm’Aesch Pfeffingen – Volley Köniz
    VBC Cheseaux – Sagres Neuchâtel UC
    VBC Biel-Bienne – VB Franches-Montagnes
    VBC Voléro Zürich – VC Kanti Schaffhausen

Sun. 30/1/2011 Swiss Cup

• Has anyone else than me noted how unbalanced the calendar is ? The 2 newly promoted teams play their three first matches against the three first of last years ranking... How strange ! :whistle:

That not strange at all ! That always done like that. Each team own a number, changing every year, except Volero, why ?? I don't know.

• During that summer time, things are really taking a turn for the worse. Just after having announced its priviledged partnership with SwissVolley, VBC Voléro Zürich publishes a new agreement. The "rival" VBC Biel-Bienne becomes namely Voléro’s farm team which "parks" several players in the Bernese club.

At that point, even when it’s unlikely, could Biel-Bienne get away with a victory over Voléro in a capital game, for example at the end of the preliminary round? Or what if Biel-Bienne is in danger of relegation at the end of that same round? Would Zurich quickly send them a delegation that would help the Bernese club out of a downfall to NLB? Such a strategic partnership would not be shocking between two teams playing at a different level or in a different association, which is very common in the U.S. in various sports. Binding a couple of clubs like that, in the same league, isn’t that "illicit understanding"? If not, it’s at least evil-smelling. These people in Zurich take the whole swiss championship as hostage.

So now, what is Voléro’s next little "agreement"?

• Whitney Evers, former U.S. middle blocker of FKB TSV Volleyball Düdingen, has to change her plans. She was signed to a contract in France (CEP Poitiers Saint-Benoit VB) and the club went bankrupt (to be verified). So now she’s looking for a new team.

Today, she just got a contact in Sweden with a guy that is helping a club recruiting an outside hitter and a middle blocker. I hope that she’s not mistaking Sweden for Switzerland, as most of the Americans. :)

Can anyone help her find a new team? ;)

• During that summer time, things are really taking a turn for the worse. Just after having announced its priviledged partnership with SwissVolley, VBC Voléro Zürich publishes a new agreement. The "rival" VBC Biel-Bienne becomes namely Voléro’s farm team which "parks" several players in the Bernese club.

At that point, even when it’s unlikely, could Biel-Bienne get away with a victory over Voléro in a capital game, for example at the end of the preliminary round? Or what if Biel-Bienne is in danger of relegation at the end of that same round? Would Zurich quickly send them a delegation that would help the Bernese club out of a downfall to NLB? Such a strategic partnership would not be shocking between two teams playing at a different level or in a different association, which is very common in the U.S. in various sports. But binding a couple of clubs like that, in the same league, is evil-smelling.

So now, what is Voléro’s next little "agreements"?

some people will never learn, u should be happy that you have club and people who are ready to invest in your volleyball, instead that you are winy about team who is only trying to bring volleyball on higher level. Before Volero I didn't her anything about Swiss clubs. Or maybe here is problem that this guy is origin from Russia?!

• some people will never learn, u should be happy that you have club and people who are ready to invest in your volleyball, instead that you are winy about team who is only trying to bring volleyball on higher level. Before Volero I didn't her anything about Swiss clubs. Or maybe here is problem that this guy is origin from Russia?!

Your last sentence is not even worth a comment. And then you probably haven’t read the previous posts because you didn’get the point. The issue is not that Voléro is trying to improve swiss volleyball because I’m really glad about that. What I’m saying is that Voléro has not the right to mix his own interests with those of the Natrional Team or those of other clubs. It’s not their business.

• well u don't get it, Switzerland got EC because credibility of Volero president in CEV and FIVB, not bcause Swiss federation credibility. So, I'm sure that a lot other countries will be happy to have that kind person who will invest in they sport. That is what I dont understand, somebody is trying to bring Volleyball in country like Swiss on higher level and you are talking about fair and unfair???? No logic!!!

• Your last sentence is not even worth a comment. And then you probably haven’t read the previous posts because you didn’get the point. The issue is not that Voléro is trying to improve swiss volleyball because I’m really glad about that. What I’m saying is that Voléro has not the right to mix his own interests with those of the Natrional Team or those of other clubs. It’s not their business.

In fact, the main problem is that there are only 10 teams in the First Division in Switzerland. Had there been more, this situation wouldn't have such a strong impact. Also, 10 teams means globally there are 70 players that are going to be on the courts. And if 65 of them are foreigners, where is the promotion of Swiss players everybody is talking about ???

• No in fact main problem is that most teams are buying foreign players for small money that Swiss girl will not play. Than problem is in girls and other clubs (Volero), but no team in Switzerland is capable to make decent budget to compete on serious level.

• well u don't get it, Switzerland got EC because credibility of Volero president in CEV and FIVB, not bcause Swiss federation credibility. So, I'm sure that a lot other countries will be happy to have that kind person who will invest in they sport. That is what I dont understand, somebody is trying to bring Volleyball in country like Swiss on higher level and you are talking about fair and unfair???? No logic!!!

Don’t worry. I perfectly got it. I’m just saying that national interests don’t allow restraining the swiss championship until 2013. And Switzerland will only have the half of a European Championship.

But we will obviously never agree with each other, so let’s drop the subject and talk about transfers.

And also that discussion about foreigners is so mean. If there wasn’t that stupid question of National Teams and nationalism, we would not even need to talk about that. Who cares where the players are coming from? Confucius said (approximately) that it was such a great pleasure to welcome foreigners. And to see them playing good volleyball.

End of discussion.

• People that wish to report transfers are welcome but absolutely not allowed to copy and paste my resumes. Please, just leave a simple post or message and I will make the update on the resumes myself. Thank you very much.

• Jenna Maddocks joins VBC Ecublens, this upcoming season, a team that is new to NLB. The U.S. player is a former Cleveland State University. Jenna Maddocks participated in the IVB Tour in Switzerland that is giving American players at the junior and professional level exposure in playing overseas.