Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• Also Hamburg with a surprising win over Münster, a good reaction of the team to all the trouble of the past days.

I don't think that Hamburg was so good, but USC was to weak. I have not been there but I'm shocked to see this stats after the match some weeks ago in Münster against Hamburg...

A friend (watching the match live) told me after third set that Laura and Hana have a very bad day... but then I wonder why they played nearly the whole match :-(

• A friend (watching the match live) told me after third set that Laura and Hana have a very bad day... but then I wonder why they played nearly the whole match :-(

Von Piekartz entered for some time in all sets (except 1st) but Dijkema always returned later...and frankly, who could replace Cutura? Even when she has a bad day, Münster's system is built around her and Sloetjes, so it's difficult to take one of them out...
    Judging from the stats I'd say Münster served too easy, Hamburg has quite good reception numbers which is unusual for them, but whenever they manage to receive well they are a dangerous team as they also showed in 3rd set vs Schwerin on Saturday.

• Von Piekartz entered for some time in all sets (except 1st) but Dijkema always returned later...and frankly, who could replace Cutura? Even when she has a bad day, Münster's system is built around her and Sloetjes, so it's difficult to take one of them out...
    Judging from the stats I'd say Münster served too easy, Hamburg has quite good reception numbers which is unusual for them, but whenever they manage to receive well they are a dangerous team as they also showed in 3rd set vs Schwerin on Saturday.

Axel could try Louisa Lippmann instead of Hana. Or Sina Fuchs. Sina was one of the bigest talents of 92. After her knee injury she nearly never play in attack. But why she should not make more points than Hana did after first set. In an article I read of 13% of Hana in attack after first set. Even Alisha Ossowski could do it better I think... ;-)

• Yeah, but she alone is not the problem...against Dresden (and in many other matches), Suhl's reception was terrible, and their OHs are not capable of killing balls from difficult situations. Anyway losing against VCO is a big surprise (and embarassment).

Why does Geerties play as Libero :what: She is not short and as far as I remember she has decent attacking skills ?(

• Why does Geerties play as Libero :what: She is not short and as far as I remember she has decent attacking skills ?(

She was injured for a longer time. Maybe she cannot jump right now... and VCO has no real Libero this season.

• Von Piekartz entered for some time in all sets (except 1st) but Dijkema always returned later...

Yes, that is right. But Tess got no chance for a longer time. It is not so easy for her if she knows that the rechange can happen after every fault...
    I was sure that USC wins against Stuttgart in league after I got known that Laura could not play and Tess has to play. The cup match some days before Stuttgart won easily 3:0...

Maybe USC should advance Irina Kemmsies to first team if Axel do not trust in Tess von Piekartz...

• Wiesbaden-Potsdam:

Köpenick-Stuttgart:

According to Wiesbaden's website, Vilsbiburg-Wiesbaden will be broadcasted on vib24.tv tomorrow :thumbup:
    Suhl is currently without setter, Pucarevic is still ill and Bertolacci has a knee injury, she already had it before VCO match but due to Pucarevic's illness she had to play anyway :S Suhl meets Schwerin tomorrow, they don't really have a chance anyway, but I guess Bertolacci will play again...

Köpenick has now officially announced the transfer of American MB Brittney Brimmage. They don't sound like they'll get another setter though, so probably Smutna has to play always for the rest of the season. The press release says that the main sponsor provided additional money for the new MB, so I guess they can't afford another setter...

• I watched the Vilsbiburg- Wiesbaden game. Wasn't a really great game. Wiesbaden looked very bad. The coach is switching his line-up constantly and their reception is horrible. Newcombe was really solid for Vilsbiburg, but no one else really stood out.

Matthias do you have results from the other matches today?

• SC Potsdam - Dresdner 1-3 (25-22, 15-25, 15-25, 23-25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2065.pdf
    MVP: Anika Zülow / Robin de Kruijf

VT Aurubis Hamburg - Alemannia Aachen 3-0 (25-22, 25-14, 25-18 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2061.pdf
    MVP: Mareike Hindriksen / Paulina Biranowska

Rote Raben Vilsbiburg - VC Wiesbaden 3-0 (25-11, 25-22, 25-21)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2063.pdf
    MVP: Cristina Alves / Regina Burchardt

Allianz MTV Stuttgart - VCO Berlin 3-0 (25-20, 25-19, 25-17)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2064.pdf
    MVP: Lena Gschwendtner / Nele Barber

VfB Suhl - Schweriner SC 0-3 (18-25, 27-29, 20-25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2066.pdf
    MVP: Marija Pucarevic / Quinta Steenbergen

Today: Münster-Köpenick

• Münster - Köpenick 0:3 (23, 23, 22)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Women/&2062.pdf
    MVP: Linda Dörendahl / Patricia Grohmann

Looks like a surprising result, but Münster was without Cutura (Nirk? Why?), so Sloetjes was the only real attacker, and Köpenick for the first time since 6 weeks could use both starting OHs again. Münster was leading 22:17 and 23:21 in 1st set but lost it eventually, and in 3rd set Münster was also always leading until 2nd TTO but in the end Pia Riedel served Köpenick from 19:18 to 23:18...

• My expectations concerning Münster were very high, before the season..So far, the results have shown I was wrong..pity.

• My expectations concerning Münster were very high, before the season..So far, the results have shown I was wrong..pity.

The problem is that there have been very few matches where the team could play with the best line-up. Linda Dörendahl was injured some weeks, now Ashley Benson is out (and she missed some matches earlier in the season too)...Münster's starting seven is very good, but their system is very much made for those players, so if somebody is missing, it's difficult for the team...