Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• VERY nervous game by both teams so far...

• Hey Matt :wavy:

Must be a great atmosphere :P :P

Wave to the camera :D

• (As expected,) Schwerin wins 1st set, but I really like the fight Wiesbaden puts up, and in the long run that will be their only chance to achieve something in this match, technically Schwerin is superior and they only showed 70-80% of what they're capable of in 1st set...

• (As expected,) Schwerin wins 1st set, but I really like the fight Wiesbaden puts up, and in the long run that will be their only chance to achieve something in this match, technically Schwerin is superior and they only showed 70-80% of what they're capable of in 1st set...

Indeed, Schwerin is very nervous so far..hopefully after winning the 1st set, they will play more relaxed :super:

• Obviously Wiesbaden prepared very well for Steenbergen's spikes, they always get their hands on them so far...

Indeed, she scored no points yet..

So, unfortunately I have to go away now...

Go Schwerin :super: :super: :super: Take the Cup :super: :super: :super:

• I don't really have time to watch the match, but I just saw the photo on Guidetti's twitter: https://twitter.com/Gio1315/st…08193134536441856/photo/1
    looks AMAZING!

And the photo doesn't even show Schwerin's 1000 fans all wearing yellow shirts, they look very impressive too.

Interview with Guidetti between the sets: he says he enjoys the atmosphere a lot because all fans together create a friendly atmosphere, in Turkey it's always fans against each other together with their teams. About Denise Hanke, she made a great development over the last year, she played in starting six in WGP and did very well and also in this year's CL she played good matches, with her and Weiss Germany has two very good setters now. Also Lisa Thomsen as libero is playing very well.

• I could not see this match being 3:0... but as it looks like Wiesbaden crushed for the 3rd set, Not much chance they manage to make this match a 4 set battle.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• my feed just died... well I guess I will not miss anything surprising

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• So in the end, no surprise happened...

:cup: Schweriner SC - VC Wiesbaden 3:0 (25:20, 25:20, 25:17)
    Stats and MVP later...

In the first two sets Schwerin showed their typical "just enough to win" performance and Wiesbaden put up a very good fight, in 3rd set Schwerin showed their dominance and went up with 11 points, then Andi Vollmer entered some young players and they did a very very good job and came back to 15:19, but then their nerves came in and they handed over the match to Schwerin with a couple of easy mistakes.
    But overall it was a nice match, not as one-sided as the result suggests. I hope Wiesbaden will continue the way they started, some of their young players can be very good in a few years :thumbup: But for now, Schwerin is simply on another level within German league.

• Interesting sidenote: Hanka Pachale is listed on the official roster of Schwerin on DVL site now as Nr 16, I saw it also in the list dvl-live.tv showed at the beginning of their transmission and found it very strange. But then, Patricia Thormann who is pregnant and Julia Rienhoff who finished her career last year are also in the official roster, so it doesn't necessarily have to mean something. But it would surely be nice to see Hanka in German league again, after all she is originally from Schwerin and played there a long time before she went to Italy...

• Interesting sidenote: Hanka Pachale is listed on the official roster of Schwerin on DVL site now as Nr 16, I saw it also in the list dvl-live.tv showed at the beginning of their transmission and found it very strange. But then, Patricia Thormann who is pregnant and Julia Rienhoff who finished her career last year are also in the official roster, so it doesn't necessarily have to mean something. But it would surely be nice to see Hanka in German league again, after all she is originally from Schwerin and played there a long time before she went to Italy...

After reading this I had to ask her :lol: She's in Schwerin for a couple of months and doing some VERY limited practicing, she had to fill out the paperwork as a matter of procedure, which would explain her being on the teamsheet. But she said she is NOT planning a comeback!

• After reading this I had to ask her :lol: She's in Schwerin for a couple of months and doing some VERY limited practicing, she had to fill out the paperwork as a matter of procedure, which would explain her being on the teamsheet. But she said she is NOT planning a comeback!

Ooooohhhhhh :( Maybe next season in case Anne Buijs leaves Schwerin (which I don't hope)? Would be a nice end of career to play just one last season in her home club...

• MVP of the Cup final: Anne Buijs :cup: (like last year)

And like last year, I think even though Buijs certainly played a very good match and is very important for Schwerin, my MVP would be Denise Hanke because she is the player that brings all elements of Schwerin's game together and she makes everyone play well. But she will be MVP of the league again, so it's ok Anne gets the MVP for Cup final ^^

EDIT: Since stats are not available (yet), best scorers were Lousi Souza Ziegler (17), Anne Buijs (13), Quinta Steenbergen (12) and Ksenija Ivanovic (13).