Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2012/13

• For those who have no idea about what kind of club Vakif is, let me give a brief info about it.

Club of Vakif, as you see in its name, is owned by a bank, Vakifbank and it is state bank, therefore, it has no profit worry in the volleyball club. They are doing this as a social project, for girls to make sport, with a certain amount of budget. Vakif is like an Ajax academy in football, it is an academy in volleyball. Hence, we see their frequent championship in the youth, junior levels. Many of female volley players in Turkey are grown in this Vakif academy. Now, with their giving more importance to senior level too, it is becoming Barca in Turkey woman volleyball. The other one, Eczaci, a pharmacy holding co, has longer history in woman volley, they too had invested in girls volley, but, since they are private company which think also about the profit and return in income, they are behind Vakif from academy point of view. Especially with Mrs Nalan, their manager of Ecz, their team has been looking for successes more in shorter terms. If Nalan stays there next year too, don't be surprised about her transfer attempts about big names such as Kim.

• ;(

As far as I know it's the same injury she had in 2010 and even on the same knee. Given that she'll be 30 this year, that she has a serious injury on the same knee for the second time and that her recent shape hasn't been too impressive either, I'd be very surprised to see her playing on high level again :S Anyway I wish her good recovery!!!

• ;(

As far as I know it's the same injury she had in 2010 and even on the same knee. Given that she'll be 30 this year, that she has a serious injury on the same knee for the second time and that her recent shape hasn't been too impressive either, I'd be very surprised to see her playing on high level again :S Anyway I wish her good recovery!!!

Mari :( :( I wish you a very good recovery :flower: :flower: :flower:

• Poor Mari :S

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• ;(

I was expecting to see her playing in German NT in a few years :S It is really unfortunate to see such a world class player ends up her career in a sad way :wall:

• This weekend will be played Turkish Cup final four right ?
    Eczaci will play Vakif and GS will play Karsiyaka?

• I think ii is better that it is not the same knee, at least there is a good part

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• nah in 2010 she had acl rupture in right knee now it is left so she has torn both of them now but it isn't the end of course she can still play volley

OK, I thought it was the left knee back then as well...

Sure she can play again, but it will be difficult with two bad knees...so we shouldn't expect to see the 2008 version of Mari ever again :S

• I don't remember right, but I think it was left too back in 2010...but anyway, its quite sad. :(

maybe its an opportunity for her to come back to go play in the beach..I know beach volleyball is very demanding phisicly..but also has less impact...and she had always said she wanted to play beach volley. No matter how, I hope she can come back.

• Teledünya Turkish Cup - schedule

22.02 (Friday):
    12.00 (CET) Vakıfbank - Karşıyaka
    14.00 (CET) Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Galatasaray Daikin

23.02 (Saturday):
    12.00 (CET) Karşıyaka - Eczacıbaşı VitrA
    14.00 (CET) Galatasaray Daikin - Vakıfbank

24.02 (Sunday):
    12.00 (CET) Galatasaray Daikin - Karşıyaka
    14.00 (CET) Vakıfbank - Eczacıbaşı VitrA

after those matches will be played revange matches or what ? I still dont understand this year's formula of TC :lol:

• Complicated games to Galatasaray, let us know if this team is competitive or not.

• It will be round robin system each team will play 3 matches and after those matches 1st ranked team will win turkish cup :win: By the way all teams will play with 2+1 rule.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Two years ago Leo came back

• Fenerbahçe-İBA Kimya TED Kolejliler :3-0 (25-22,25-20,25-14)
    stats
    Seda keeps good form of her.

Bakırköy Bld. Yeşilyurt- Vakıfbank :0-3 (20-25, 22-25,21-25)
    stats
    Seray Altay played very well.It was a good match,indeed.For the first time, i liked a team against VB except first three teams.If Richards had been able to play then Yeşilyurt could have got set or sets.i found Bahar,Güldeniz and Saori's performances good.Brako as well.

• Turkish Cup Schedule

Friday 22nd February
    13:00 VakıfBank - Karşıyaka
    15:00 Eczacıbaşı Vitra - Galatasaray Daikin

Saturday 23rd February
    13:00 Karşıyaka - Eczacıbaşı Vitra
    15:00 Galatasaray Daikin - VakıfBank

Sunday 24th February
    13:00 Galatasaray - Karşıyaka
    15:00 VakıfBank - Eczacıbaşı Vitra

Note: All the matches are going to be broadcast by NTV SPOR live.

• ;(

From what I've read, the injury is on the other knee actually. Usually when someone has a rupture of this ligament there's a slightly higher chance that the other knee will suffer the same thing if the person keeps performing high level activities.