Japan - 2012/2013 Women's Premier V- League

• I think I'm not expert, I checked league's stats only few times, without knowing Japanese at all :D google translate makes miracles :lol:

The hardest part is usually the player names, the reading can be different. I lived in Japan previously, so the reading is not a problem. Plus, once you learn what to look for, it is pretty straight forward for volleyball that is.

• I don't expect so many changes with the national team expect for the setter position which I think they will go with Nakamichi. Miyashita is talented possibly future's setter for hinotori nippon. However, still so unexperinced and in my opinion her style doesn't quite fit with usual fast paced Japanese national team. But as I said just couple of years later she will be permanent in the team for a long time if she reach some certain level. For Matsuura it is possible that she might called because there will be one free space for setter due to Takeshita's retirement.

My pick for the setter position would be Naoko Hashimoto from Volero Zurich :flower: I had couple of chance to see her play in European Champions League and I should say I was amazed with her game because of the resemblance to Takeshita's style but thats only my opinion I didn't watch her previous games in Japan. What do you think about her?

Oumi and Uchida have done fantastic job throughout the regular season and I dare to say that they were the biggest factor to NEC to claim top spot. However, I don't see them playing in national team considering their breakdown in finals. Also, Their technical abilties don't cover up enough for thier size disadvantage :S
    Nagaoka is definetly deserve to be in the roster afterall she is the finals MVP :cup: She is aggressive, has a great serve and consistent. But I highly doubt that she will be efficient enough in international competions as she was in Japanese league. :|
    For others unfortunately I did not watch them enough to have comment on them

• In the World GP last year:

Nakamichi played the setter when Takeshita was taking a break (after the Olympic Qualifiers)
    Hirai got in the middle 3 matches

On the 25 player list (World GP and Olympics) for last year:
    OH: Nomoto, Nagaoka (listed as Wing Spiker), Ishii, Nakamura (college player)
    S: Miyashita
    L: Hamaguchi
    MB: Ohtake, Okumura (college player)

I only think that Miyashita would get in the 12 named players because of Japan's roster already

I think that Araki should go overseas soon or she'll never go.

• what about Chizuru Kotoh (Hisamitsu) ?

I don't know about her so much. ?(

but she is received best6 award in Setter position.

will she had a chance to the national team roster this year ? :huh:

• I think she has a little chance because she is 30 years old

• My pick for the setter position would be Naoko Hashimoto from Volero Zurich :flower: I had couple of chance to see her play in European Champions League and I should say I was amazed with her game because of the resemblance to Takeshita's style but thats only my opinion I didn't watch her previous games in Japan. What do you think about her?

I haven't seen her playing, but I guess she does good job in Switzerland, probably as starter. Can you say about her more? Hashimoto isn't so young, almost 29 and all depends on Manabe - if he wants to more experienced player or someone for future like Miyashita. About Chizuru Koto I'm not sure if she has chances, she's a bit over 30.

Oumi and Uchida have done fantastic job throughout the regular season and I dare to say that they were the biggest factor to NEC to claim top spot. However, I don't see them playing in national team considering their breakdown in finals. Also, Their technical abilties don't cover up enough for thier size disadvantage :S Nagaoka is definetly deserve to be in the roster afterall she is the finals MVP :cup: She is aggressive, has a great serve and consistent. But I highly doubt that she will be efficient enough in international competions as she was in Japanese league. :| For others unfortunately I did not watch them enough to have comment on them

Fortunately all NT Japanese Wing-Spikers are under 30, but it's important to look for new players who can replace them in next 4-5 years. Then, Yamaguchi will be 35, Kurihara 34, Kimura 32, Sakoda 31, Ishida 30. A bit younger will be Ebata and Shinnabe. All will be experienced, but quite old, this year after olympics is good chance to find someone new. Manabe can use players which were in wide roster last year like Ishii, Nagaoka, Nomoto or Nakamura, but I thought about someone more. Maybe Manabe will call wider group about 30 players, with someone younger like this in 2009 (http://www.fivb.org/visasp/Img_GetImage.aspx?No=200696523), when he became a coach. 6 players from picture retired. The biggest surprise is Maiko Sakashita, I thought that she wants to play more, she's only 28. Also Yuki Kawai could play more, she retired so early. About rest I'm not surprised.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I haven't seen her playing, but I guess she does good job in Switzerland, probably as starter. Can you say about her more? Hashimoto isn't so young, almost 29 and all depends on Manabe - if he wants to more experienced player or someone for future like Miyashita. About Chizuru Koto I'm not sure if she has chances, she's a bit over 30.

Fortunately all NT Japanese Wing-Spikers are under 30, but it's important to look for new players who can replace them in next 4-5 years. Then, Yamaguchi will be 35, Kurihara 34, Kimura 32, Sakoda 31, Ishida 30. A bit younger will be Ebata and Shinnabe. All will be experienced, but quite old, this year after olympics is good chance to find someone new. Manabe can use players which were in wide roster last year like Ishii, Nagaoka, Nomoto or Nakamura, but I thought about someone more. Maybe Manabe will call wider group about 30 players, with someone younger like this in 2009 (http://www.fivb.org/visasp/Img_GetImage.aspx?No=200696523), when he became a coach. 6 players from picture retired. The biggest surprise is Maiko Sakashita, I thought that she wants to play more, she's only 28. Also Yuki Kawai could play more, she retired so early. About rest I'm not surprised.

Switzerland league is not very competitive and only challenging matches for Volero Zurich are in European champions league which I have opportunity to watch them. Unfortunately they are not so successful in there. As for Hashimoto I have seen her playing in group stages and I should say she looked good enough to me to be part of the National team.
    Here there is a full replay of Vakifbank Istanbul against Volero Zurich which Hashimoto put on quite a performance while Volero Zurich was challenging hard against Unbeaten European Champions, they even almost got it.
    http://www.laola1.tv/en/int/vo…3/video/485-0-105824.html

Japan volleyball system is more like based on team performance rather than individuals even though some like Kimura, Ebata and Takeshita(of course) do outstanding things. But still if they are going to keep same style even after Takeshita`s retirement some younger players could always replace the old ones without problem in my opinion. Yet again those players you mentioned above are definitely capable of sharing the load at least 5 years for NT so no concern for short-term plans.
    Of course Manabe will do his job to put new talented players into team which I totally agree with you.

• Best scorers:
    Hisamitsu - Nagaoka 13 (9/24 kills, 1 block, 1 ace), Shinnabe 12 (7/22 kills, 4 blocks, 1 ace), Hirai 10 (9/16 kills, 1 block), Iwasaka 5 blocks
    IBK - Hee-Jin Kim 11 (10/25 kills, 1 block), Jeong-Ah Park 6 (6/26 kills), Rykhliuk 5 (5/14 kills)
    Hisamitsu had much better reception - (71,7 - 46,2)

• JT Marvelous announced the retirement of four players, they are: Ai Otomo, Masami Taniguchi, Chie Yoshizawa, Keiki Nishiyama.
    JT Marvelous comes fully renovated for next season.

• JT Marvelous announced the retirement of four players, they are: Ai Otomo, Masami Taniguchi, Chie Yoshizawa, Keiki Nishiyama.
    JT Marvelous comes fully renovated for next season.

They retire from volleyball or from the club, so they are gonna sign with another club from V.Premier League or V.Challenge League? Otomo and Yoshizawa are impressive! :white:

• Retirement is retirement, I think they are ending careers, what a pity :(

• They retire from volleyball or from the club, so they are gonna sign with another club from V.Premier League or V.Challenge League? Otomo and Yoshizawa are impressive! :white:

Retire from volleyball, had forgotten Sachiko Sugiyama (NEC), also retired.